NFL Week 13 In Review....

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

jay cutler top 5?

i mean, he's def. won over critics this year...but top 5? really? pump those brakes...
How so? To me there's a top 4 that's cemented (Brady, Rodgers, Brees, Ben) tier and than after that its pretty fluid.  Outside of those 4, give me Cutler  I would have taken Rivers last year but he regressed this year, Matt Ryan is useless on the road and is loaded with weapons, Eli has loads of weapons and still makes crucial mistakes, Schuab loaded with weapons, Romo same thing.  Cutler does more with less than anybody else.  Dude is throwing to Hester and Knox, ##%+ his best reciever was Olsen and they traded him in the off-season.  Look at how bad Hanne was abused Sunday, that offensive line is horrendous.  Give Cutler weapons and a dome he would be up STATS.

Give Cutler weapons and he'd still pile up the INTs.  He's not a top-5 QB, sorry.  If you're going to get on Eli for making mental mistakes, then you have to do the same for Cutler. 

Also, why is having a good team around you a knock?  You're insane if you think Cutler is in the same class as Schaub or even Romo for that matter.  He's in that 10-15 range, IMO. 

Consider the corner turned.....
7 ints all, year. It would be akin to Brees though. A healthy amount of picks.
For all intensive purposes if ability outside the pocket seperates Brady and Rodgers, why cant ability outside the pocket and pocket presance seperate Cutler from Rivers Eli and Schaub?
Also Eli makes ******ed throws he cant make... Cutler makes throws he can make, but shouldnt throw.

Originally Posted by S4L3

-Yeah we lost, but so did every other team that mattered in the NFC playoff hunt so we'll be fine. Needed to only beat the Giants once but now we'll just beat them frauds twice.

once again this dweeb sets himself up for ridicule and once again he'll end up disappearing and pretending he ain't reading the board while logged off

some nerve calling the giants frauds when your team's the cowboys. the damn cowboys, man. sorry %@+ dude
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by gangsta207therevolution

How so? To me there's a top 4 that's cemented (Brady, Rodgers, Brees, Ben) tier and than after that its pretty fluid.  Outside of those 4, give me Cutler  I would have taken Rivers last year but he regressed this year, Matt Ryan is useless on the road and is loaded with weapons, Eli has loads of weapons and still makes crucial mistakes, Schuab loaded with weapons, Romo same thing.  Cutler does more with less than anybody else.  Dude is throwing to Hester and Knox, ##%+ his best reciever was Olsen and they traded him in the off-season.  Look at how bad Hanne was abused Sunday, that offensive line is horrendous.  Give Cutler weapons and a dome he would be up STATS.

Give Cutler weapons and he'd still pile up the INTs.  He's not a top-5 QB, sorry.  If you're going to get on Eli for making mental mistakes, then you have to do the same for Cutler. 

Also, why is having a good team around you a knock?  You're insane if you think Cutler is in the same class as Schaub or even Romo for that matter.  He's in that 10-15 range, IMO. 

For all intensive purposes if ability outside the pocket seperates Brady and Rodgers, why cant ability outside the pocket and pocket presance seperate Cutler from Rivers Eli and Schaub?
Also Eli makes ******ed throws he cant make... Cutler makes throws he can make, but shouldnt throw.

Corner turned after 10 games....OK. 

Could very well be fools gold.  Considering that interceptions and brain farts are his MO, I'd have to see more than a small sample-size to say that he's figured things out. 

jay cutler top 5?

i mean, he's def. won over critics this year...but top 5? really? pump those brakes...

I'm just going to politely say you have zero clue what your talking about right now.  Having a good team isn't a knock, its the fact that they have someone to throw too.  Hmm, look at the numbers a mistake-prone Cutler put up with Brandon Marshall, an elite receiver.  He can makes throws that really only Rodgers, Brady and Brees can make, he might throw the best deep ball in the league.  You really think Schuab and Romo are better than this dude
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Hey Oh! Nothing like some classic Ben smack. Still doesn't explain two Jags games on MNF

Being able to "make" throws isn't what makes you a great quarterback.

I think Jay Cutler is good but top 5 is ridiculous.

He still hasn't done more than Mark Sanchez.

Originally Posted by gangsta207therevolution

Corner turned after 10 games....OK. 

Could very well be fools gold.  Considering that interceptions and brain farts are his MO, I'd have to see more than a small sample-size to say that he's figured things out. 
We aren't going to sit here and disect everyone of his int's as a Bear but there are prob equal amounts of tips, bad routes, lack of hot routes and audibles and Cutler screw ups. 
One thing that will never be recognised is that his diabetes is prob finally under control and that's one of the key's.
That weight gain after he was diagnosed? Well we know that insulin causes fat gain + when you take insulin and how much you take controls when and what you eat. 

Difference is Sanchez had an elite o line, and recievers. None of our recievers would have been the Jets number 3 even in 2009.

I got a question.
5 years in with 3 different cordinators. Dudes talent has transended 3 systems that are either outdated, or never really worked. With outside of Brandon Marshall no recievers who are even in the top 40 at their position at the time of his playing with them. With no running game aside from Forte this year ( didnt get enough carries consistantly last year although Forte was good) 
Just saying...... 

I like Cutlers progress, I think he gets a bad rap for no reason. That said I probably would take 5 QBs before him.

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

Originally Posted by SneakerPro

Whats up with that $20 from last week? [email protected]

Come on now, you never PMed me agreeing to the bet. I haven't looked at the thread but I don't even think respond until after the game.

Come on now, you never PMed me agreeing to the bet. I haven't looked at the thread but I don't even think respond until after the game.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

what a lame

cutler is definitely not top five, but he's developed into a very good qb and really good leader

he'd do work with a much more talented team than he has now

I'm just going to politely say you have zero clue what your talking about right now.  Having a good team isn't a knock, its the fact that they have someone to throw too.  Hmm, look at the numbers a mistake-prone Cutler put up with Brandon Marshall, an elite receiver.  He can makes throws that really only Rodgers, Brady and Brees can make, he might throw the best deep ball in the league.  You really think Schuab and Romo are better than this dude
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
This post is the equivalent of your layup. 

Schaub's TD/INT ratio > Cutler's

Romo's TD/INT ratio > Cutler's

Also...you're talking about the deep ball like Cutler is having great success at completing those throws.  I'm glad he has a big arm.  I really am.  However, if you're ranked #28 in the league in 2010 and #16 in the league for a portion of 2011, what does that say about your argument?  So yea...

http://www.profootballfoc...g/2011/05/10/going-deep/

*Also...how come we're willing to give Cutler the benefit of the doubt and say he's turned a corner to a
laugh.gif
"top-5 QB," but when we look at Rivers, he's clearly regressed and this year can't possibly be an anomaly?  Like Deadset said...some of yall need to pump the brakes a bit. 

*If Cutler comes back next year and plays at a high level, I'll give him his due....until then, he's still in that 10-15 range with guys like Romo/Schaub CLEARLY ahead of him. 

Hmmm, what have we here?

[table][tr][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]
[table][tr][td]
on_line.gif
fraij da 5 11[/td][td]
[/td][td]#262[/td][td]http://[URL="http://"][/url][/td][td][-][/td][/tr][tr][td]
[url=http://fraij-da-5-11.u.yuku.com/]

Registered Member

11/14/11 9:46 PM

[/td][td]

stop it.

I got 20 bucks on it.

pm me paypal info... I like money.
[/td][/tr][/url][/table]

[table][tr][td][/td][td]
[/td][td]#290[/td][td]http://[URL="http://"][/url][/td][td][-][/td][/tr][tr][td]
[url=http://sneakerpro.u.yuku.com/]

Registered Member

11/15/11 2:03 AM
[/td][td]

Still waiting on that pm sneaker pro...

F a private message.

[email protected]

I
[/td][/tr][/url][/table]

Seemed like both parties were in agreement to me... Except you already got exposed for being a flake, didn't you....

[table][tr][td][/td][td]
[/td][td]#300[/td][td]http://[URL="http://"][/url][/td][td][-][/td][/tr][tr][td]
[url=http://jd617.niketalk.yuku.com/]

Registered Member

11/15/1111:17 AM

[/td][td]

If you lose, are you actually gonna pay though, or is it gonna be like this and this?
[/td][/tr][/url][/table]
Didn't post about it till after the game?  How bout you and I both posted about it 10 days before the game.

#kanyeshrug
../../forum/getrefs/id/11877407/type/0[/url]
[url=../../forum/getrefs/id/11877407/type/0][/url][/url]
[url=../../forum/getrefs/id/11876575/type/0][url=../../forum/getrefs/id/11877407/type/0][/url][/url]

I also take into account team success with QB's and the Bears where a top 3 team in the league imo before Cutler got injured.  They were great last year and went to the NFC Championship game with and had  a decent chance to win before he got injured.  I don't care what rating say I use my eyes to make judgements about QB's more than anything.  Romo has Bryant, Austin, Witten and Robinson, 4 guys to throw to who are all better than a single weapon Cutler has.  To say he hasn't done more than Mark Sanchez is asinine.  And yes, I will say he has turned a corner.  He is 28 in the prime of his athletic career.  Your saying you shouldn't blame those guys for having weapons but does that not account for anything. That offense couldn't do a single damn thing yesterday and its not like they were playing a top D, they were playing the KC Chiefs.  Romo is a mental ******, Schaub hasn't ever even led a team that has been a juggernaut of an offense to the playoffs before this year.  I go on a year by year basis with QB's unless you've done enough to show you deserve a reprieve and only 4 guys in my mind can have a bad year and still be an elite QB.  Everybody else is fluid.  Vick was all-world last year and came back to Earth this year. I'm as big a Rivers fan is there is but who is to say he ever regains his form? Sometimes when its gone its gone.
And my layup is the equivalent of half of the threads that you starts
tongue.gif

*Calls Cutler's Bodyguard*

PATS
- the julian edelman triple threat talk needs to stop. triple threat to do what exactly? punt returns are the only thing he does well, sort of. he misses as many tackles as he makes
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
don't forget dude can pass (as a former QB) and used to be a punter too!

Originally Posted by Maximus Meridius

Originally Posted by MzD650

Because the Jaguars quarterback doesnt rape women on a regular basis.

Way outta left field
laugh.gif
Took me by surprise, I let out a big laugh when I read that

Originally Posted by TennHouse2

Titans with another W
pimp.gif
  now we just need to beat the Texans and hope they lose another game
o and what happened to those raiders and cowboys fans that were making fun of my team in the last review thread 
laugh.gif
nerd.gif

If we beat the bengals this week and yall lose to the saints (both likely) we clinch the division. Or thats what I read at least

Back
Top Bottom