NFL Regular Season Thread 2019-2020: The Brazen Bahamian Battles Over Eli’s Legacy Til He’s Blue In The Face

I get the argument for Ryan and I know the hall of fame don’t work this way but I’ve always agreed with the thought process the hall of fame should be more exclusive.

to use my pops criteria 30 years from now if some kid who never watched Brady or Peyton guys of that class play asked you about em your reaction would most likely be “damn if only you’d seen him play incredible” and then a whole *** convo would probably ensue talking about how great they where and how dominant they where in their career. But if some kid asked you about Ryan or or Rivers 30 years from now you’d most likely just say “oh yea I remember that guy very good QB dependable had a nice respectable career couple great seasons” and that would be the end of the convo :lol:

crude way to explain it but I get what my pops meant :lol:

I get it.

Like, Tom Brady & Matt Ryan were never in the same tier of QB's but they'll both end up in Canton.

If that’s the case, a lot of guys wouldn’t be in the HoF now :lol:
Exactly and I’d be perfectly fine with that :lol: Hall of fame could use some cuts. Or maybe a seperate wing for the “good to very good careers”

Last edited:
We’ve talked about this already. Longevity and consistency is a skill that should be recognized. If not, get my dude Jamaal Charles and Sterling Sharpe in there.

edit :smh: :lol:

Last edited:
Yes longevity and skill should be recognized.. but at some point that had to be some level of greatness even if it was just say for like 5 seasons or so

pro bowls don’t really mean much, but you should at least have couple of those since it ain’t exactly hard to make it with all the replacement guys who get in.. and id say at least 2 all pro years

so let’s say 6 pro bowls and 2 all pro seasons, at least

Hell.. if you’re getting in off of a super duper short career, like say 8 seasons that better be some outstanding shh

like look at Calvin Johnson.. had that almost 2k season which is the record for a season.. 7 out of 9 years was over 1k.. 4 seasons over 1300.. and 1 of the only 2 seasons he was under 1k, he played 14 games and had 984

so really only his rookie year was just good/solid (had 48 catches for 756)

6 times pro bowler, 3 time 1st team all pro and a 2nd team all pro

Hell.. if you’re getting in off of a super duper short career, like say 8 seasons that better be some outstanding shh

like look at Calvin Johnson.. had that almost 2k season which is the record for a season.. 7 out of 9 years was over 1k.. 4 seasons over 1300.. and 1 of the only 2 seasons he was under 1k, he played 14 games and had 984

so really only his rookie year was just good/solid (had 48 catches for 756)

6 times pro bowler, 3 time 1st team all pro and a 2nd team all pro
If Patrick Willis is not 1st ballot imma be super mad.

If Patrick Willis is not 1st ballot imma be super mad.

ain’t hard to figure out, Willis got 7 pro bowls, 5 first team all pros and a 2nd team

for basically 7 seasons, since his 8th was only 6 games long

Wagner and kuechly in the same boat

I mean situation was already crazy.. but I’m just glad dude ain’t got shot or beat

Willis was the best at his position, multiple seasons. HOF is a lock. Dont care about that 1st ballot bs.

And Kurt Warner the perfect example of a short lived career, but was the best while he was doing = HOF example.

Back
Top Bottom