NFL Regular Season Thread 2019-2020: The Brazen Bahamian Battles Over Eli’s Legacy Til He’s Blue In The Face

Furthermore, whoever says Aikman is not a HOFer is also a fool.
giphy.gif

so you'll make that excuse for Aikman (because its convenient for your argument) when there is all these other guys that played during that time as well.

Like:

Farve
Marino
Elway
Moon
Tarketon
Testeverde
Bledsoe
Fouts
Collins
Montana
Unitas
Krieg
Esiason
McNabb
Hasselback
Kelly
and there's still 10 names before you get to him that played during that era. Without the talent he had around him.

Aikman played during the Johnny Unitas, Fran Tarkenton, Dan Fouts, era? My oh my.....

Eli Manning = Joe Namath. If Joe Namath is in the HOF, Eli belongs too.

Furthermore, whoever says Aikman is not a HOFer is also a fool.

had 1 season with over 19 passing tds

highest passing yards total 3, 445

9 season of 10 or more ints

only reason he’s one of the 29 QBs for anything is those titles and the team he played for

romo was better than dude, but he didn’t have the titles

had 1 season with over 19 passing tds

highest passing yards total 3, 445

9 season of 10 or more ints

only reason he’s one of the 29 QBs for anything is those titles and the team he played for

romo was better than dude, but he didn’t have the titles

Emmitt Smith HAD 164 rushing TDs... 11 receiving. Led the league in rushing 4 years and was top 3 like every other year....

do you not realize how silly you sound? Cowboys were damn near below 40% passing and over 60% in running ratio... :lol: :lol:

John elway played 17 seasons... had over 10 INTs... All 17

Brett Favre played 21 seasons... had 10+ INTs 19 out of 21 :lol: :lol:

How many HOF QBs are currently playing?

to me the should be locks: brady, brees, rodgers, Big Ben and Russell Wilson almost there

rivers and Ryan gotta squint at, maybe look and see if either can pull a elway/Peyton at the end.. maybe see who’s eligible in years

obviously mahomes is looking like it’s headed that way

Peyton Manning’s is going to have 2 receivers (Marvin and Reggie) and his RB (Edgerrin James) make the HOF.... but Troy had ALLLLLLLLLL this talent around him. :lol:

Emmitt Smith HAD 164 rushing TDs... 11 receiving. Led the league in rushing 4 years and was top 3 like every other year....

do you not realize how silly you sound? Cowboys were damn near below 40% passing and over 60% in running ratio... :lol: :lol:

John elway played 17 seasons... had over 10 INTs... All 17

Brett Favre played 21 seasons... had 10+ INTs 19 out of 21 :lol: :lol:

John elway took literally shh to Super Bowls in the 80s

And you’re making a point for emmitt and that oline to have people in the hall not Troy

Reactions: sb
to me the should be locks: brady, brees, rodgers, Big Ben and Russell Wilson almost there

rivers and Ryan gotta squint at, maybe look and see if either can pull a elway/Peyton at the end.. maybe see who’s eligible in years

obviously mahomes is looking like it’s headed that way

you stated the obvious. BB, Brady, Brees, Rodgers, been locks for over 5+ years. Name some other names. Like Matt Stafford. You did mention Ryan...

There’s a reason jimmy Johnson should have been the cakewalk to the HOF and not no damn Troy aikman

you stated the obvious. BB, Brady, Brees, Rodgers, been locks for over 5+ years. Name some other names. Like Matt Stafford. You did mention Ryan...

and you can read what I wrote about Ryan.. and rivers.. and I didn’t forget about stafford, I don’t think he deserves to be in there as of right now

it’s the hall of damn fame, it should be obvious

and you can read what I wrote about Ryan.. and rivers.. and I didn’t forget about stafford, I don’t think he deserves to be in there as of right now

it’s the hall of damn fame, it should be obvious

what about the STATSSSSSS tho!! Look at Stafford, Ryan’s and Rivers stats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Compared to Troy!! STATISTICS!!!!

If you have a HOF QB your team should at least be making the playoffs or near it most of the time while you have those guys

By no means do I think a HOF QB can do it or should be expected to do it all.. which is amazing about what elway did in the 80s

but look at russ, for example.. we know that offense can play better to his and their strengths.. we’ve seen the injuries to key guys they’ve had

Arguing relative levels of mediocrity in the NFC East. It’s evergreen and across eras I guess.

Rodgers
Brady
Brees
Roethlisberger
Rivers
Wilson
Ryan :nerd:

Barring catastrophe Ryan will very likely end up top 5 all time in multiple passing categories. Add in a trip to the Bowl and an MVP he could never make another SB and he’s a HOFer

Last edited:
I get the argument for Ryan and I know the hall of fame don’t work this way but I’ve always agreed with the thought process the hall of fame should be more exclusive.

to use my pops criteria 30 years from now if some kid who never watched Brady or Peyton guys of that class play asked you about em your reaction would most likely be “damn if only you’d seen him play incredible” and then a whole *** convo would probably ensue talking about how great they where and how dominant they where in their career. But if some kid asked you about Ryan or or Rivers 30 years from now you’d most likely just say “oh yea I remember that guy very good QB dependable had a nice respectable career couple great seasons” and that would be the end of the convo :lol:

crude way to explain it but I get what my pops meant :lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom