NFL Regular Season Thread 2019-2020: The Brazen Bahamian Battles Over Eli’s Legacy Til He’s Blue In The Face

I mean champ had to play post colts getting the rules changed

chuck’s value was always better because of his versatility.. but he would have been better as a cover guy with the more he could get away with

but guys like Deion, rod and Darrell I think thrive in any era.. like champ because dudes had elite speed to go along with their skill.. that’s why that’s the clear top 4 to me

I only worry about zone guys because they usually don’t have speed.. which is fine when you could get away with more but after rule changes in early 00s it’s harder on those guys

I mean you even gotta look at say someone like nnamdi who was strictly a boundaries guy, whereas you had other guys who could just follow a guy wherever

Rhonde Barber, Dale Carter.... Ty Law, Ray Buchanan...

The NYC market overrated Revis. Joe Haden was always overrated too.

I don’t understand how with modern NFL passing inflation, these modern dudes actually be on pace for LESS INTs!!

Aqib Talib, Janoris Jenkins... Marcus Peters are the guys I like.

Revis played 11 years..... 29 INTS :lol: :rofl: :lol:

“They never threw Deion’s way”... still had 53 INTs.

REVIS PLAYED IN A GLORIFIED PASSING ERA AND ACCOUNTED FOR 29 INTS

Rhonde Barber, Dale Carter.... Ty Law, Ray Buchanan...

The NYC market overrated Revis. Joe Haden was always overrated too.

I don’t understand how with modern NFL passing inflation, these modern dudes actually be on pace for LESS INTs!!

Aqib Talib, Janoris Jenkins... Marcus Peters are the guys I like.

Revis played 11 years..... 29 INTS :lol: :rofl: :lol:

“They never threw Deion’s way”... still had 53 INTs.

REVIS PLAYED IN A GLORIFIED PASSING ERA AND ACCOUNTED FOR 29 INTS
This is such horrible logic. Shutdown corners start getting less INTs because QBs don’t throw their way as often. You know who gets lots of INTs? Guys who gamble a lot. Marcus Peters? Lol. Evaluating a DB solely on INT count is one of the dumbest things I heard in a minute.

Yup..

Asante is another great example, dude was a great zone corner.. but if you got him in man, he bit on 90% of shhh

also was a damn shame earl thomas didn’t get included for the satires for that nfl list.. those guys played so damn well off of each other and what they allowed to happen because of their skill sets

Here we go with the rules argument. Want to nitpick. The NFL is SOFT AF nowadays.

DBs had to play the run and pass back then. With more balanced offenses so, things were unpredictable.

These modern day DBs KNOW the ball is getting thrown 65% of the time and still get baited. QB does a 3, 5, or 7 step drop, and these DBs still don’t read their keys.

we ain’t gone even talk about hands, I see so many DBs drop INTs or don’t turn their head.

If you’re lined up against the Julios, D-Hope, Odells, etc. you know he’ll be targeted 10+ times a game. Again and again, these cats get beat....

You can beat me for a few catches and maybe 100 yards receiving but, better believe I’ll get an INT.

HOW ARE INTERCEPTIONS NUMBERS DOWN, COMPARED TO PAST ERAS????

“rules changes” are not the blame. Most of these newer DBs just do not have ball skills.

Yup..

Asante is another great example, dude was a great zone corner.. but if you got him in man, he bit on 90% of shhh

also was a damn shame earl thomas didn’t get included for the satires for that nfl list.. those guys played so damn well off of each other and what they allowed to happen because of their skill sets

exactly! Guys like Zant (Broward County finest, dame high school as Eddie Jackson btw :pimp: :pimp:) and Terrell Buckley still had 51 and 47 INTs. Played like 10-12 years.

Revis and Pat Pete again, only 20 something INTs. But they’re all-timers?? Hell no. They both ROUTINELY get beat. I’ll admit, Sherman probably is one of the most intelligent ever and has good ball skills. But he’s not an all-timer, IMO.

These dudes don’t even have the confidence or swagger. Except dudes like Jalen, Marcus Peters, Janoris, Marshon Lattimore, etc. I like diva CBs.

Pate Pete looks the part but man, bruh overrated. I’ve seen him load and give piss poor effort on many plays.

I’d say CBs are forced to play the run more now than they did back then with the spread and blocking concepts

you just can’t be as physical in coverage downfield, which I have zero issue with

my only issue is being practical with some of the calls and the dumb replay rules which is on the refs and the league

‘Joe Handen overrated’

‘janoris Jenkins and Marcus peters’

7C38BCF2-45C2-413D-8C1E-3D84F4DA3316.jpeg

I’m getting my car serviced and I’m trying so hard to not scream in public

Sherm runs a 4.6 and is still dominant....

That's how you know he's good.

That transition to safety finna be flawless.

I'm Suprised Baby Bosa made the Pro-Bowl.

Kirk and Kendricks got snubbed big time. They need to just do away with the Pro Bowl all together

Def become a popularity contest like the All-Star game in the NBA. Only way to explain dudes like Dak, Jacobs, Kirk and Jamie Collins getting snubbed.

Tyrann should've gotten Earls spot too

The reason Sherman is the best since Revis is that he’s always been great. He was a pro bowl level player as a rookie. He hasn’t had these up and down seasons, he’s been capital G Great every year he’s been in the league. The clear best many of those years, maybe debatable for others but always top 3.

Oh, and Joe Haden is having one of the better seasons this year at CB.

At 30.
Joe Haden is a perfect example of most DBs having very up and down careers. He straight sucked for a couple years there. Peterson also had a roller coaster early career.

I’m just gonna chime in on this topic the same way I always do. After a decade of being cursed with CB’s who couldn’t tackle.

Richard Sherman’s tackling >

Back
Top Bottom