NFL Discussion Thread: Pats win SB XLIX. Offseason begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just read this comment on a site about Josh Gordon

"This report makes no sense to me. Under the new agreement, based on what they report in the other article, Gordon should either be reinstated immediately, or still receive his full year ban for testing positive prior to the March 11, 2014 retro-activation date. He is clearly below the new threshold, though I can't find when he was officially tested for this current infraction. So he is either still fully guilty under the old agreement or fully cleared under the new one, there is no gray area for getting only a partial punishment on it.

The current one-year suspension he is serving doesn't include the DUI conviction because that case is still pending. While he will likely get a conviction when the case is concluded, sometime in November I believe, there is no current punishment handed down for it that should have any bearing upon his current suspension. So, at that point he will have either served a one game suspension for no infractions or should only receive an additional game, or none dependent upon this Sunday, based on "time served" so-to-speak."

I agree with everything this dude said, and this is what I've been saying all along while rumors have came out about a reduced suspension. Can anyone seriously tell me what the **** he's still being suspended 10 games for? This is a legitimate question. Does anyone on here know the answer to this?

I understand the old school mentality and beatings that most of us came from...but some of y'all really can't be defending a ******* 4 year old getting thrashed like this.

**** AP. Despicable.

Does the membership for NFL Game Rewind have an Xbox 360 app? Anybody know?

I agree with everything this dude said, and this is what I've been saying all along while rumors have came out about a reduced suspension. Can anyone seriously tell me what the **** he's still being suspended 10 games for? This is a legitimate question. Does anyone on here know the answer to this?
Plain and simple...it's for PR reasons. These people care more about NOT looking bad than any other entity in sports. He got hit with a year for repeated violations and was denied after an appeal. The repeated violations probably pissed them off more than the (barely) failed test because we all know you have to fall in line and can't ever make the almighty SHIELD look bad.

All this **** is still fresh in everyone's minds since it became a hot topic for weeks. The geniuses in the league office

A. see how MJ is steadily gaining acceptance on a national level

B. know a good # of their players smoke it

C. would clearly go to any lengths to reduce bad press for teams and this happens to be the least controversial method

D. ALWAYS want to give the appearance of having a steady hand and knowing what they're doing every step of the way

E. would strongly prefer to bend over as little as possible for the PA

So Roger and his guys are willing to relent just enough so he can play this season, but they want to make sure their previous recent decisions look somewhat competent after policy revisions. Keeping Josh at 10 games sets an example and could deter potential violators that might think the new rules are lax.

Last edited:
Well now that I see that the drug policy hasn't even been OFFICIALLY passed, and Mort turned around and changed his report, I really don't know if it's for sure yet that Gordon is getting 10 games. We'll see tomorrow I guess.

Jerick McKinnon's SPARQ score of 147.5 was one of the top scores among all running backs over the last 16 years.
As you can read in the Zach Whitman column linked below, SPARQ is a metric developed by Nike to apply a single composite score to a player's athleticism. An elite NFL athlete is around 140 and the 150+ range is reserved for the Calvin Johnson types. The point is that although McKinnon is very raw as he comes out of Georgia Southern and has very little pass pro experience, he's a freak. "Backs with McKinnon’s speed, lower-body explosiveness and upper-body strength just don't exist," wrote Whitman. He'll be a change-of-pace back behind Matt Asiata to start, but his fantasy ceiling is far higher. McKinnon is a solid stash while we see where Adrian Peterson's case goes.

Source:  Analyzing Player Athleticism
@MaryKayCabot
#Browns Josh Gordon has been notified that his suspension is now a total of 10 games. That's pending final approval of the new drug policy.

guus talking like gordon is some randy moss or calvin johnson. come on now. that fool. let him sell his cars

I used to think that too, but these days I don't believe anything is too big to fail. Or if such a thing exists...it's only a very very very select group, which does not include the NFL.

"Pigs get fat, hogs get slaughtered."

Proper quote is, bulls make money, bears make money, pigs get slaughtered. lol

Nah, the NFL thing is no biggie. You violate, you pay. Not sure what the fuss is really. The more theu talk about policy, the better, cuz it clears the air for everyone, and those that offend going forward, get no grey area.

guus talking like gordon is some randy moss or calvin johnson. come on now. that fool. let him sell his cars
You do know Gordon led the league in receiving yards last season, right? 
indifferent.gif

It didn't, I rep The O.

I'm just saying, leading the L in recieving yards is a lot, but not enough for me to put him up there with the proven elites.

Gordon is easily one of the most talented WRs in the league. Not talented between the ears (obviously) but if he doesn't derail his career he can be on track to something great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom