NFL Discussion Thread - Hall of Fame Game: August 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.

This group was amazing. :smh:

Too bad Cowher couldnt get them a chip *wink wink Cowboys 95' 96'

The fact that XXX was as close as it was is pretty remarkable. Those picks though :x

I'm kinda glad they didn't go in 94, that 49er team...well wouldn't have gone well :lol:

I can already hear the complaining if the super bowl is played in the snow 
laugh.gif

if it was tonight it would be INSANE

I would love a snow super bowl but I damn sure wouldn't want to sit in the stands. I'm good sitting comfy watching the big screen with beer that don't cost 12 bucks a cup

if a storm like the current one hit during superbowl weekend, would the nfl play on or change the location?

Football is so commercialized. :lol:

I remember back when I was a kid, getting up for a football game and looking out the window and saying, "today is a good day for football." It didn't matter the weather. I would always say that. Rain, snow, sunshine, cloudy...Didn't matter. You don't hear people ever say "it's not a good day for football" based on the weather.

Football is meant to be played in the elements and in the outdoors. One in every 4 SB's in a cold weather stadium wouldn't hurt.

Last edited:
Football is so commercialized. :lol:

I remember back when I was a kid, getting up for a football game and looking out the window and saying, "today is a good day for football." It didn't matter the weather. I would always say that. Rain, snow, sunshine, cloudy...Didn't matter. You don't hear people ever say "it's not a good day for football" based on the weather.

Football is meant to be played in the elements and in the outdoors. One in every 4 SB's in a cold weather stadium wouldn't hurt.

Blame the NFL. They dont want the weather affecting all of the pre-Superbowl events they have planned because they want to milk every penny out of it.

For once, I wouldn't mind seeing that slobber-knocker of a game. Just a hard-nosed, gritty, battle of attrition with two defensive minded teams. Play in the snow for that added element. Woohoo!

Make it happen New York weather Gods.

Man, this is why I try not to bother with draft pundits or the monday morning quarterbacks. So much more going on than what they see at face value.

Seattle nailed it though. I like Schneiders grade system though (or maybe it's the Vikings GM, Rick Spielman I'm thinking of). He doesn't assign a grade to a draft class until after the third year, which makes a lot more sense. Right now though, it's pretty safe to say they did very very well in last years draft.

The Seahawks whiffed big-time on this one. They traded down and missed on linebacker Mychal Kendricks and had to settle here for Wagner. Not to discredit Wagner, but he is a consolation prize for missing out on Kendricks.

:lol: Who?

Looking back at what some people were saying about the Seahawks draft picks.:lol:

"Seattle Seahawks

The Seattle Seahawks have come out swinging in the 2012 NFL
 draft. What are they swinging for and how much has their war room had to drink?

Every selection from GM John Schneider has come with question marks surrounding it. Why select a troubled Bruce Irvin, seen as a situational pass-rusher, with a top-15 pick?

Why draft a 5’10” quarterback when your team just signed free agent Matt Flynn to presumably come in and be the team’s franchise quarterback?

Then, there is Bobby Wagner.

136425303_crop_exact.jpg
Stephen Dunn/Getty Images

The Seahawks whiffed big-time on this one. They traded down and missed on linebacker Mychal Kendricks and had to settle here for Wagner. Not to discredit Wagner, but he is a consolation prize for missing out on Kendricks.

What was Schneider thinking?

These questions and more attribute to the low grade Seattle gets for their poor judgment over the first two days of the draft. 

Grade: D

No. 15: Bruce Irvin, OLB/DE, West Virginia

No. 47: Bobby Wagner, LB, Utah State

No. 75: Russell Wilson, QB, Wisconsin"

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...eahawks-and-worst-grades-after-first-two-days

Bleacher Report :lol: :lol:

The Equivalent to the draft know it all on here :lol:

^yeah, i remember a lot saying they made bad draft picks and Wilson was repeatedly blasted.

Steven A and other sports journalists kept making fun of his size  

Still dont know how Schneider didnt get Exec of the year

The whole world took a large **** on almost every pick they took
laugh.gif

The knock on trillson was his size, everyone said had he been a few inches taller he would've been top 10 and 3rd QB taken.

Not sure why they acting like it was such a reach.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom