NFL Discussion Thread - Hall of Fame Game: August 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look forward to that Chi and GB game. Aaron is back but Chicago has a solid offense.

Never thought Romo would play. That whole day to day **** was beyond annoying though.

I don't think Pitt gets in. They need to win and 3-4 teams to lose. Anything is possible though.

They should flex that Dallas and Phila game. No interest in it now. Even though I think Phila wins it if Romo plays.

Last edited:
That bears defense has been getting gash though.

And Lacy had been running well.

It amazes me how the Lions and Bears couldn't take care of the division, possibly the best player in Football goes down and they screw it up :smh:
Bears lost their starting qb. So that's that.

The lions tho. Yea. The lions have no excuse.

I really can't see the Bears even staying close unless Rodgers is extremely rusty

I think prez has a point. A shootout will be their best chance. Chicagos offense is explosive.

I think both defenses are equally bad. There's a lot of points to be put up against both.

I don't think it'll be as easy a win for the pack as many presume, all things considered.

Last edited:
Texans: 50th TD pass really wasn't
Updated: December 27, 2013, 2:00 PM ET
By Tania Ganguli | ESPN.com

HOUSTON -- Upon further review, Denver quarterback Peyton Manning shouldn't have set the NFL record for touchdown passes in a season last week, Houston Texans interim coach Wade Phillips said Friday.

Phillips said the NFL informed the Texans that Broncos receiver Eric Decker's second touchdown catch from Manning on Sunday shouldn't have counted because Decker was juggling the ball.

Phillips acknowledged that the league's mea culpa wouldn't reverse Manning's record, but he couldn't help but get a dig in before he left.

"Poor Manning," Phillips said. "He thought he broke the record."

The fourth-quarter play tied the NFL mark of 50 touchdown passes in a season, set by the Patriots' Tom Brady in 2007. Manning later threw No. 51 against the Texans to break the mark.

Decker's catch was reviewed during the game and upheld, giving the Broncos a 30-13 lead with 6:57 left in the game. Phillips asked the NFL for clarification this week as he maintained Decker was juggling the ball.

shut up, wade :lol:

texans really embracing that cry baby sore loser MO that the ravens defense is all about

Last edited:
Decker caught the ball 3 times and got like 7 steps in the endzone. You're worn out Phillips, just finish the season and clean out your office. You can even stay in Tennessee, as they will have a vacancy as well.

I hope Peyton throws 5 TDs Sunday and mails one to Wade.

"Poor Manning. He thought he broke the record"

Your team has been one of the biggest busts this year and that's what you say? ******g clown

Mildly worried about this ATL game on Sunday...

Division rivalry games are always a toss up but I think the Falcons are mentally in the offseason now after how that game ended Monday night. I'm correct in assuming that a win gives Killa a bye week?

Wow the disrespect to Mo Wilk. SMH

Hope he plays angry on Sunday...

Last edited by a moderator:
Division rivalry games are always a toss up but I think the Falcons are mentally in the offseason now after how that game ended Monday night. I'm correct in assuming that a win gives Killa a bye week?

I think you're right to a degree, and sure do hope so. The pessimist in me just thinks Tony G. is gonna be able to get away with everything in the book since it's his last game, and folks will want at least a semblance of a proper send off.

Yep, bye week with either a win or a Saints loss. Outside shot at #1 seed still, but it's most likely gonna be either the 2 or 5 for us. Just don't wanna have to go to Lambeau in the WC Round, that would be trouble.

Last edited:
Giants are trash but Antrel Rolle gotta be in the Pro Bowl son

The defense has been very good, and Rolle leads the team in 93 tackles playing SS, 2 sacks, 6 interceptions, 1 forced fumble

.......meanwhile Revis makes the pro bowl with 40 tackles and 2 interceptions.

I'm seriously trying to think what other NT was as disruptive as Wilkerson this year.

Makes sense if the fans vote on the pro bowl

Last edited by a moderator:
looking at my Pats who made the pro bowl . im shocked Talib and Slater made it . Talib bc hes been straight GABBAGE every since the Carolina game . Slater deserves it 100% , but was injured and missed 4 games this year so i figured he wouldn't get the nod

Brandon stokely retired today old boy should have stayed w the broncos cuz manning made him look like a stud last season lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom