Status
Not open for further replies.
[h1]  [/h1]
[h1]Peyton Manning autographs couple's wedding invite[/h1]
  • _Hanzus_2-65x90.jpg

• By Dan Hanzus
  • Around the League Writer
  • Published: Dec. 3, 2013 at 02:10 p.m.

As someone who recently got married, I would not suggest you send wedding invitations to famous strangers.

While it's a funny story to tell friends, invitations are expensive, and they shouldn't be sent around the world all willy-nilly. Besides, you always can tell friends you invited Kanye to your wedding. Trust there won't be much in the way of fact checking on that one.

All that said, if you're OK with sending 10 bucks into the ether, take heed in the fact that a response is possible. Case in point: This RSVP posted Tuesday on Reddit, in which Denver Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning regretfully declines a wedding invitation from Anna and James.

That's genuinely awesome, and living room frame-worthy. I take it all back. Send all your invitations to famous people.
pimp.gif

^ it's way too suspicious. He can claim innocent but he's watching the screen and doesn't see him coming towards him?

Oh ok

^ it's way too suspicious. He can claim innocent but he's watching the screen and doesn't see him coming towards him?

Oh ok

is it that fishy ?

i dont know what camera angle they had on the big screen , but from the angle we got on TV his reaction appears realistic . he is only in the picture for about a sec before he reacts and jumps out of the way

Last edited:
Classy move by Peyton.

Nobody knows or talks about it, but Austin Howard had himself a game amidst the Geno disaster.

i really hope denver makes it into the superbowl instead of new england
the superbowl is not in seattle so i dont think it makes a difference
wink.gif

They actually have the most road wins in the league since 2009. This narrative about both Seattle and NO is wrong.

Now, I don't know about their dome vs. outdoor record.

Ill put it like this. They may beat teams like the panthers and bucs when they suck on the road but what elite teams have they beat on the road.

Closest I could think of is a mnf win in Atlanta in 2010 against a fraudulent 1 seed falcon team that got smashed by the 6 seed that year or a Sunday night win in Dallas in 06 against a 9-7 cowboy team.

I just can't see Brees going into Lambeau against a good packers team, Seattle in January, New England etc and getting the win. He came close in New England this year though.

Baltimore, the 49ers, New England, Denver, seattle, green bay, indy when peyton was the qb, the giants, hell even the jets from a few years ago all at one point have had a key road win or wins against elite teams.

I can't say the same for the saints as of now.

If they don't get the 1 seed I just can't see them beating a team like Seattle on the road. Hell if Carolina wins the south I wouldn't see them going into Dallas Philly or Detroit as a for sure thing.

I'm curious as to how much of a role weather plays into this though. Peyton's been proven to struggle when it gets cold i wonder what Brees's track record is in similar circumstances.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom