Next Gen Xbox Reveal Confirmed for May 21

I find it funny how SOME PEOPLE were ready to burn M$ down over DRM w/o even knowing the features it provided
mean.gif
My bad, I thought he meant playing two games at once and switching between the two.
Thats exactly what it is, you can play a single player game while waiting for a multi match

I don't really see the need for it to be truthful because if you have enough time to get into a single player game while in a multi lobby then something is seriously wrong w/ the multi lobby, brings back gears 2 memories
mean.gif
mad.gif

Well, with the drm gone, it's just a slightly underpowered, more expensive PS4. Where is the fun in that?:tongue:

Technically the system itself isn't higher with the kinect it's higher. But even then nobody should be talking about what other people are buying. I just can't do the controller of PS which is why I'm not getting it. It's other factors besides power especially if the power is just on paper right now.:rolleyes

Well, with the drm gone, it's just a slightly underpowered, more expensive PS4. Where is the fun in that?:tongue:
I just can't do the controller of PS which is why I'm not getting it.

What is it about the controller you don't like?

it was too small and too light for my liking. There wasnt any heft to the ds3. I found myself gripping it harder when I would play with it as opposed to the xbox controller

it was too small and too light for my liking. There wasnt any heft to the ds3. I found myself gripping it harder when I would play with it as opposed to the xbox controller

I definitely agree with you. Although I never owned an Xbox whenever I heard the controller it felt like I was holding a real controller. But this:

There's a new controller.

View media item 464466
You can tell they've really worked on it.

Last edited:
Thats exactly what it is, you can play a single player game while waiting for a multi match

I don't really see the need for it to be truthful because if you have enough time to get into a single player game while in a multi lobby then something is seriously wrong w/ the multi lobby, brings back gears 2 memories :smh: >:

OK so I just watched the video.

Are you supposed to be able to jump back into Ryse after the Killer Instinct match and continue from where you left off or does it quit one game and start the other once it's found a multiplayer match because if it's the former then it will require a lot more RAM.

That's what I meant by playing two games at once as in can you jump back and forth between two games like TV channels

Last edited:

Are you supposed to be able to jump back into Ryse after the Killer Instinct match and continue from where you left off or does it quit one game and start the other once it's found a multiplayer match because if it's the former then it will require a lot more RAM.

That's what I meant by playing two games at once as in can you jump back and forth between two games like TV channels

its pretty cool, when i get online with my friends they usually take their sweet time setting it up or waiting on ppl to join. in the 360 your stuck in the lobby waiting. with the xbone you can leave the lobby and play something else/tv . once its ready you can jump in instantly like you never left the lobby.

Well, with the drm gone, it's just a slightly underpowered, more expensive PS4. Where is the fun in that?
tongue.gif
I definitely agree with you. Although I never owned an Xbox whenever I heard the controller it felt like I was holding a real controller. But this:
There's a new controller.

You can tell they've really worked on it.
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-next-gen-joypads-a-true-evolution

I don't really see the need for it to be truthful because if you have enough time to get into a single player game while in a multi lobby then something is seriously wrong w/ the multi lobby, brings back gears 2 memories
mean.gif
mad.gif

They said from now on any game you play is instantly saved when you stop to do something else. Your game is basically paused until you come back to it

This is basic stuff they announced in the reveal, but for some reason, people only heard tv tv tv tv ect ect

Microsoft has the worst PR team in the world , the One has some killer features that the average joe would never know about.

They said from now on any game you play is instantly saved when you stop to do something else. Your game is basically paused until you come back to it

This is basic stuff they announced in the reveal, but for some reason, people only heard tv tv tv tv ect ect

I know that that you can multitask with a game and snap in other apps like IE, Skype or the TV Guide while the game is in the background. Matchmaking is also done on the OS which is why you can queue it up. It's having 2 games at once that is iffy to me. i.e. playing one while the other is paused in the background

Games have 5GB of RAM reserved and the OS has 3GB so you can switch between games and apps since they have a set amount of RAM set aside for them respectively.
However, to pause one game and jump into the other while the other is paused in the background will mean both game will have to share the 5GB since the paused one is still active. It's no problem for the apps sharing the 3GB since that is plenty. Windows 7 only needs 2GB (recommended) to run. The games however will be using as much of they can out of the 5GB so sharing is not an option.

Unless, they're going to make a snapshot of the game's current state in RAM and dump it on the HDD before you boot up another game. Kind of how hibernation in Windows works but with it requiring 5GB+ per save state for what is on the screen and in RAM.
I guess it could actually work but it would be a lot more complicated than my theory and it won't be as quick as they showed in their press conference.

This isn't me trying to put the XBone down, it's just me being a tech head trying to understand how it'll work because it would be a pretty big thing if it worked like that. I know both consoles have a suspend mode so that you can put the console into standby and wake it up exactly where you left off so if it works similar to that when the console is on then I can't wait for next gen.

Microsoft has the worst PR team in the world , the One has some killer features that the average joe would never know about.
Everyone who has xbl can see an ad for the xb1 on their home page.

If they click that ad, they'll be able to see what the one does and where to find more info.

The kinect was an add on last gen, which is what I think he's referring to.
I understand that it was last gen, but its built in this nextgen, so its not like you can remove it, like you couldn't remove a blu-ray player from a ps3 and have it work.

I just don't see how you can say "it's not higher", in regards to the price because last gen it was an add-on?

The kinect was an add on last gen, which is what I think he's referring to.
I understand that it was last gen, but its built in this nextgen, so its not like you can remove it, like you couldn't remove a blu-ray player from a ps3 and have it work.

I just don't see how you can say "it's not higher", in regards to the price because last gen it was an add-on?
the nextgen kinect is a mandatory add on.

With that in mind, I think you can see why he said that.

I know that that you can multitask with a game and snap in other apps like IE, Skype or the TV Guide while the game is in the background. Matchmaking is also done on the OS which is why you can queue it up. It's having 2 games at once that is iffy to me. i.e. playing one while the other is paused in the background

Games have 5GB of RAM reserved and the OS has 3GB so you can switch between games and apps since they have a set amount of RAM set aside for them respectively.
However, to pause one game and jump into the other while the other is paused in the background will mean both game will have to share the 5GB since the paused one is still active. It's no problem for the apps sharing the 3GB since that is plenty. Windows 7 only needs 2GB (recommended) to run. The games however will be using as much of they can out of the 5GB so sharing is not an option.

Unless, they're going to make a snapshot of the game's current state in RAM and dump it on the HDD before you boot up another game. Kind of how hibernation in Windows works but with it requiring 5GB+ per save state for what is on the screen and in RAM.
I guess it could actually work but it would be a lot more complicated than my theory and it won't be as quick as they showed in their press conference.

This isn't me trying to put the XBone down, it's just me being a tech head trying to understand how it'll work because it would be a pretty big thing if it worked like that. I know both consoles have a suspend mode so that you can put the console into standby and wake it up exactly where you left off so if it works similar to that when the console is on then I can't wait for next gen.
shhhh... let them believe that everything at e3 was as instantaneous as the reveal

Last edited:
the nextgen kinect is a mandatory add on.
With that in mind, I think you can see why he said that.
I didn't mean in terms of one piece or two pieces.

I meant in terms of price of purchasing a xbox one. Is it or isn't it higher than PS4. Unless they change the price/bundling setup, it is.

Last edited:
I didn't mean in terms of one piece or two pieces.

I meant in terms of price of purchasing a xbox one. Is it or isn't it higher than PS4. Unless they change the price/bundling setup, it is.

It's mandatory because they said it is. If you buy the move its 65 bucks higher besides I think it's dope to include the kinect never know when I might want to use it. That being said if you take the kinect away it would be the same price as the ps4. Yeah it's mandatory to have one now but down the line things might change

Back
Top Bottom