Next Gen Xbox Reveal Confirmed for May 21

really how stupid can microsoft be to set themselves up to fail like that? should have never announced anything about the drm and online 24 hour crap.

now because of the backlash they go with what they should have done in the first place.

i can see why they charged 500 because the kinect is included but wouldnt help to sell a kinectless system as well.

still cant believe these fools scared everybody off only to revert back to the traditional disc way...

we've known for years the the next xbox was going to come packaged with a kinect. people need to get over that. MS has plans for it. And lets be real, the backlash was mainly because of ms terrible marketing and pr. If they wouldve sat down and explained the advantages and actually presented it in a professional way, this wouldnt have been as big an issue. Sure people would still be upset, but this is a prime example of how to not present "bad" news to customers

Last edited:
Titanfall will have dedicated servers.
Man, this right here is almost reason alone to pre-order.
nthat.gif

I wish, wish, WISH COD would do this.
I'm pretty sure MS said all multi games on the X1 would be on dedicated servers

Can someone explain to me why dedicated servers are a good thing?

From my understanding, dedicated servers=less lag, better game connection quality, etc.

What else is good about having dedicated servers?

Did any current games have dedicated servers?

really how stupid can microsoft be to set themselves up to fail like that? should have never announced anything about the drm and online 24 hour crap.

now because of the backlash they go with what they should have done in the first place.

i can see why they charged 500 because the kinect is included but wouldnt help to sell a kinectless system as well.

still cant believe these fools scared everybody off only to revert back to the traditional disc way...
we've known for years the the next xbox was going to come packaged with a kinect. people need to get over that. MS has plans for it. And lets be real, the backlash was mainly because of ms terrible marketing and pr. If they wouldve sat down and explained the advantages and actually presented it in a professional way, this wouldnt have been as big an issue. Sure people would still be upset, but this is a prime example of how to not present "bad" news to customers
That's all fine and dandy, but the kinect is a gimmick.

m$ knows that, which is why they aren't even giving their customers the option of not having it next gen.

Smart but a douche move my m$.

Last edited:
From my understanding, dedicated servers=less lag, better game connection quality, etc.

have u ever played a multiplayer game without it? its horrible at times. I remember a few years ago playing gears 2, and it was ridiculous how a host player had an advantage. Also CoD plays fast enough as it is, its just frustratiing when you get the jump on a player, but he ends up killing you anyway cause of the lag

left 4 dead 2 does

but who's to say the kinect won't become popular as far as the One is concerned it's apart of the game. It allows all the voice features and blah blah the kinect justifies the price. Take away the kinect you have a 400 dollar system but I mean who cares what other people buy, I'm not buying their console for them. I say this and I'm getting the one
Define "popular".

Either way, I don't ever see a day where a video game console or video game accessory is going to be more popular for homes in america than a movie viewing device. And I wasn't really trying to compare Kinect and Blu-Ray directly, I was just saying "this is part of reason why PS3/X1 was so expensive", and one was relatively not expensive in comparison to alternatives for that feature.

Battlefield would be an example of dedicated servers. Socom too if you ever played that.

The alternative is peer hosting which is what CoD does, and you get things such as delays.pauses for host migrating and in worse cases severe host advantage. With peer hosting, everything is running on players console, so its limited what it can handle. Dedicated servers can handle more and you will see games with more players and larger maps available.

Its a good and bad thing. Good it pretty much every way while your playing. The main negative being after a while they may or may not shut down the dedicated server. But during the lifetime of the game its all good. Also if servers crash you can't play at all(but this happens in CoD w/o dedicated anyways.)

Don't think we have heard it from MS yet. As of now (this gen) its always been up to developers how to do it. We can assume that all Microsoft Studios will have dedicated for sure though.

Last edited:
Titanfall will have dedicated servers.

Man, this right here is almost reason alone to pre-order. :nthat:

I wish, wish, WISH COD would do this.

WHAT!? Really? Do you have a link?

Man, that is a HUGE factor in FPS. Thats a definite advantage.

http://games.on.net/2013/06/titanfa...ers-will-be-running-from-the-xbox-live-cloud/

http://www.polygon.com/2013/6/24/4460224/titanfall-xbox-live-cloud-dedicated-servers

now I dont quite know about 3rd party games like CoD, but all ms games would. I mean, if they could somehow get CoD to use their servers, then Im not sure why anybody would play any multiplayer 3rd person shooter anywhere but an xbox
A lot of people are clueless and don't even understand dedicated servers.

There are A LOT of people that claim CoD is better on 360 because Xbox Live uses dedicated servers..... Yes CoD is better on 360, but that's not the reason why, nor is that even true.

These kids still won't even know the difference come X1/PS4 generation.

now I dont quite know about 3rd party games like CoD, but all ms games would. I mean, if they could somehow get CoD to use their servers, then Im not sure why anybody would play any multiplayer 3rd person shooter anywhere but an xbox

There are A LOT of people that claim CoD is better on 360 because Xbox Live uses dedicated servers..... Yes CoD is better on 360, but that's not the reason why, nor is that even true.

I didnt say CoD did. Clearly it doesnt for anybody thats played CoD recently. I was saying if they actually did that for the xb1, it would be better

I didnt say CoD did. Clearly it doesnt for anybody thats played CoD recently. I was saying if they actually did that for the xb1, it would be better
I didn't mean you.

I meant that a lot of people in general(not you) don't know the difference. So even if X1 was running all dedicated, they still would be clueless.

It most definitely would/will be better.

Last edited:

Currently Battlefield 3 runs on dedicated servers and its great, ridiculous amounts of servers provided by DICE based on world location, game maps, game modes, etc. etc.

If you want to, you can even rent out your own server on BF3 and set all the options customized to your liking and people around the world can join in and play (and there are tons of people that do just this in addition to the DICE servers)

Maybe this dedicated server news means 2k online team up will finally be playable :lol:

Last edited:
Don't think we have heard it from MS yet. As of now (this gen) its always been up to developers how to do it. We can assume that all Microsoft Studios will have dedicated for sure though.
http://www.examiner.com/article/xbo...-all-have-dedicated-servers-up-to-128-players
Perhaps most intriguing, however, is that Xbox One gives game developers the ability to access Microsoft’s Azure cloud computing platform. That leads to a few obvious and immediate applications: All your downloaded and installed games and achievements are synced to the cloud and can be accessed and played without interruption on any Xbox One you sign in to; stable, dedicated servers for every multiplayer game rather than the notoriously fragile practice of hosting matches on one participant’s console; even multiplayer matches that can grow to 64, even 128 participants, rather than the usual limit of 16 or 32.

I want to know more about the dedicated servers... Is MS trying to say the ability to have dedicated servers is the same as ability to have "free" dedicated servers where MS bears all the financial burden? These are 2 completely different things. If they are just giving developers the option to pay to use their servers, then I can see games still using the P2P format on the XBone. Dedicated servers have a lot more upside IMO, but they do put a shelf life on the game. So for FPS this is good news, for other games with MP aspects I would say it could be a bad thing. My opinion is out for deliberation at this point.

That's a pretty big deal that all MP games will be on Dedicated Servers... this factor is bigger than any DRM or used game stuff to me.

Still have my PS4 preorder but if their online doesn't improve and everything is still better on the X1.. It would leave me no choice. 

But if they're offering servers like M$ then I'd stay ps.. if not I'm prolly going back to the box

MAN MY PS3 ONLINE EXPERIENCE WAS SO MISERABLE COMPARED TO XBOX LIVE. IF THAT DOESN'T IMPROVE THEN MY PS4 WILL BE FOR OFFLINE ONLY AND MY XBONE WILL BE FOR MULTIPLAYER GAMES.

People complain about PSN like they paying for it, lol.. You got what you paid for with xbox, a better experience. Now PS is charging, you really think it's gonna be the same?

Back
Top Bottom