News Report: Chicago Gangs Shoot Out On Basketball Court

Great story. It is good to see some positive efforts being put in action. We get caught up in the bad thing that these members do and this showed that many of them dont seem like such bad people, it was just what they were born into and the choices they made. The young man and the old head seemed like good peoples. I am glad they are trying to create opportunities for these men and hope that this program is able to continue and thrive.

It does scare me that some stuff like Above the Rim could happen but they do have security that pats the players down.

I thought this was about a gym or blacktop getting shot up

I was about to be like damn nothing is sacred

But good people are trying to fix stuff over there

Title is misleading as hell lol. But this story is :pimp:
Hard to believe fights don't break out on the court though. Elbow gets thrown, somebody gets fouled too hard then a huge skirmish breaks out. Happens all the time on the court.

Last edited:
dope story and major respect to the dude organizing this all and leading the effort to fix things instead of just giving up hope.

and it once again shows the power of sports in this world and how it can be more than just a game.

Really great to see something like that come together...hopefully more events like that will start up and help quell the sensless violence in that city, even other cities nationwide :smokin

I'm from Chicago, and I still would be hesitant to attend something like this.....
frown.gif
mean.gif

A positive video on WSHH :wow:

Hopefully this happens all year and not just during basketball season.

ROUND OF A M***** F****** APPLAUSE!!!

That warms my heart to see someone actually making an assertive effort to save these guys, help them out, and get them to see the bigger picture. Not enough reps in the world to acknowledge how GREAT this is.

:nthat:

Saw the title, First I was like
mean.gif

Saw the video, then I was like
happy.gif

Damn he said shot dude 6 months ago and they were on the same court together
eek.gif

Just shows you progress can be made

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom