News On Future Films Based on Comics/Paranormal/Sci-Fi

Originally Posted by illmaticsoulchild

The sad part is that if Singer would have done a sequel, his sensibility as a filmmaker leads me to believe it would have reached TDK status. I still think WB made a mistake by not allowing him to follow it up.
That is a bit fo a reach for Singer, to be honest I feel that the X-Men films were mediocre to good but X3 was terrible. I still don't know why he included a kid in the Superman film, I can't even imagine where he migth be going with that. The Usual Suspect was a very good film but Valkyrie wasn't. So really I didn't have much hope of the sequel being much better than Returns outside fo Superman actually punching something.

In Singer's defense, I really did like X2, and he had nothing to do with X3. Matter of fact he left X3 to do Superman Returns (along with James Marsden).

Zack Snyder’s Man of Steel (aka the Superman reboot) is in the midst of pre-production, with Russell Crowe having been recently cast in the part of Superman’s biological father, Jor-El, and Christopher Meloni in the part of a general (possibly Lois Lane’s father).

Unfortunately, fans are going to have to wait much longer than they previously expected for this movie, because Man of Steel has just been pushed back a whole half a year – from December 2012 to June 2013. That’s one month less than two years from now, folks.

According to The Playlist, the precise new date is June 14, 2013. Speculation at the moment is that December 2012 is just too packed full of major features, including The Lone Ranger, http://cdn.apture.com/med...cialLink.png"), default;" class="" id="apture_prvw2">http://screenrant.com/superman-reboot-pushed-back-benm-124739/#/cdn.apture.com/media/imgs/crsr/socialLink.png"),">http://cdn.apture.com/med...cialLink.png"), default; color: inherit; top: -1px; border-radius: 2px 2px 2px 2px;" class=" snap_noshots">http://cdn.apture.com/med...cialLink.png"), default; left: 1px; top: 1px;">Quentin Tarantino ’s Django Unchained, and most importantly, The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey.

Originally Posted by illmaticsoulchild

In Singer's defense, I really did like X2, and he had nothing to do with X3. Matter of fact he left X3 to do Superman Returns (along with James Marsden).
X2 was good but nowhere near TDK level and even Batman Begins is much better. 
To be honest, when I first saw Superman Returns, the kid wasn't as big of an issue although I initally felt it was at least 20 minutes too long but as I kept watching it over and over, the kid just really is a travesty and really ruined the film for me. Performances were solid too, Routh as Clark/Supes wa pretty good, Spacey as Lex was excellent, Bosworth as Lane could have been better but it isn't that bad. The film would have just been much better if they cut the kid from being Supes son and the last 20 minutes off. 

HUGH JACKMAN CONFIRMS THE WOLVERINE VILLAIN

During the Real Steel truck event at the San Diego Comic-Con earlier today, Hugh Jackman confirmed who the villain will be for The Wolverine.

He told the crowd that filming is scheduled to start in October and that "Chris McQuarrie has written a fantastic script." He added that he will fight the Silver Samurai in the new film and "that should be exciting."

As we've previously reported, Jackman said that most of the filming will take place in Japan.

A new director for the film has not been announced and 20th Century Fox has not set a release date yet.

SIN CITY: A DAME TO KILL FOR MOVING FORWARD

Long-anticipated, Robert Rodriguez's sequel to his and Frank Miller's 2005 Sin City looks like it's finally getting ready to hit the big screen.

"Frank has written a script for 'Sin City 2,'" Rodriguez just announced in Comic-Con's Hall H, adding, "It could shoot as early as later this year."

Though the film will feature the title A Dame to Kill For and will adapt that original Frank Miller story, it will also feature two all-new stories set in the Sin City universe. The title for one of them was revealed for the first time as, The Long Bad Night.

At this point is unknown which actors might return for the sequel, though the Dame to Kill For story again features Marv (Mickey Rourke) and Nancy (Jessica Alba).

RELEASE DATE SET FOR DREDD

Variety reports that Lionsgate is planning on bringing Dredd to theaters on September 21, 2012. That is a week after Resident Evil: Retribution and the same day as Hotel Transylvania hits theaters.

Dredd is directed by Pete Travis from a script by Alex Garland and stars Karl Urban, Olivia Thirlby and Lena Headey.

The film takes us to the wild streets of Mega City One, the lone oasis of quasi-civilization on Cursed Earth. Judge Dredd (Urban) is the most feared of elite Street Judges, with the power to enforce the law, sentence offenders and execute them on the spot - if necessary.

Originally Posted by Falcon4567

Originally Posted by DimSum9

The post credits scene for Captain America is badass, IMO the best one for marvel. I don't know what easter eggs they are throwing in but I'm guessing the birth of s.h.i.e.l.d. and I heard there's a classic superhero cameo too.
Jim Hammond
I read this too......... Could someone school me on this guy/droid
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by RFX45

The post credits scene for Captain America is badass, IMO the best one for marvel. I don't know what easter eggs they are throwing in but I'm guessing the birth of s.h.i.e.l.d. and I heard there's a classic superhero cameo too.
Jim Hammond

Which is just all too ironic really

???
In the Capt. America movie or Avengers?

Plus I thought SHIELD already existed in all of these films minus Capt. America, which is set in the past.

SHIELD does exist in the films, not sure how they will introduce them in Capt. America. In Iron Man 2, Nick Fury says that Howard Stark was one of the founders of SHIELD so we'll get to see Howard Stark who was one of the scientists working with Capt. America. 

The cameo is the original Human torch.

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

Jim Hammond
I read this too......... Could someone school me on this guy/droid
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by RFX45

Jim Hammond

???
In the Capt. America movie or Avengers?

Plus I thought SHIELD already existed in all of these films minus Capt. America, which is set in the past.

SHIELD does exist in the films, not sure how they will introduce them in Capt. America. In Iron Man 2, Nick Fury says that Howard Stark was one of the founders of SHIELD so we'll get to see Howard Stark who was one of the scientists working with Capt. America. 

The cameo is the original Human torch.
Whatttttttttttttt
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Read the history of the original Human Torch...I had no idea. I always thought that the Human Torch from the OG Marvel comics was Johnny Storm. I learned something new!

^ Yeah, Marvel is an environmental friendly, they like to recycle...past, present and future.~

Thanks for all the info posted on here guys.

Green lantern sucked.
Transformers 3 sucked
Xmen 1st class was supprisingly good.

Rin tin tin movie? Crazy

Thx for posting that scene Falcon -think I've seen it before, but I tend to steer clear from all things SR related nowadays.

I still maintain that Brandon Routh was & is the perfect casting for Superman, his looks are spot on both facially & physically & his acting as well as his duel Supes/CK mannerisms were excellent in SR. Personally I would have loved to see him return for MOS.
Unfortunately of course the dim-witted general movie going public would not have been able to comprehend the reboot/different direction/same actor scenario.

Still undecided on Henry "no shoulders" Cavill. Don't get me wrong, I think he might just pull it off under Snyder, but no matter how good a performance he puts in, he just isn't as impressive as Routh to me.

As far as my other thoughts towards SR -Bosworth was certainly cute enough to watch & with a different script maybe she could have shone. Spacey's Hackman impersonation was just dreadful, although to be fair I think terrible screenplay & direction were more at fault there.
But ultimately & like most agree, the main reason that film flopped was the utterly awful Lois' boyfriend/kid plotline ....I think I would have prefered a comeback from Nuclear Man than those two.

Also noted, Judge Dredd comeback? -Hmm, interesting, will be keeping an eye on that one.

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]don't know if this has been talked about, but i'm mad excited. [/color]

Director Neill Blomkamp is gearing up to start shooting his next project Elysium, with a cast that includes Matt Damon, Jodie Foster, and Sharlto Copley. Producer Simon Kinberg recently spoke about the project, and while he wouldn't say much about the story, he indicated Elysium isn't exactly an alien movie, and will be very different from Neill Blomkamp's first movie, District 9. Here's what he had to say below.

"I can't tell you about the content of Elysium but I can tell you, it won't really be... it's a very different movie than anything you've ever seen before. It's not necessarily an alien movie. He set himself up, because [District 9] was one of the greatest first films any director's ever made. I'm hoping that this movie has an opportunity to be even better. He was very young when he directed that movie, he was like 26 or 27. He's only 31 now. He's learned as a filmmaker, he's evolved as a filmmaker. Visually, stylistically it's actually very different than District 9."

The producer also said he would, "literally will be murdered in my sleep if I tell you too much more." However, he did go on to address the large themes and social issues present in Elysium.

"I can't tell you what the big themes are, but I can tell you that there are big themes. He's someone who's really interested in the world. He's not a filmmaker who's only interested in other movies. He's somebody who's interested in the politics of the world, the reality of the world. Whatever kind of movie he makes in whatever genre, it's never simply going to be a synthetic movie about the movies he liked growing up. It's always going to be about something bigger, and this movie is too."

to read the full interview with producer Simon Kinberg.

Elysium comes to theaters March 1st, 2013 and stars Sharlto Copley, Matt Damon, Jodie Foster, Wagner Moura, William Fichtner, Alice Braga, Diego Luna. The film is directed by Neill Blomkamp.

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]man, Neil Blomkamp is a beast. very much looking forward to it. District 9 is amazing, can't wait for district 10...[/color]
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]and this movie is gonna be majority violence... i'm all for it.[/color]

Videos%20Posted%20by%20The%20Dark%20Knight%20Rises-%20The%20Dark%20Knight%20Rises%20-%20Teaser%20Trailer%20%5BHD%5D_1311006063241.jpeg

The guy in white looks like he's carrying a camera, maybe possibly recording the fight. Could be a reporter or some civilian in the film. 

All that's missing are Thor and Hulk
I won't quote the pics for this page's sake.  These look straight out of the Ultimates (a huge plus in my book).  Now if I could just see Thor in his Ultimate outfit with Ultimate Mjolnir then I could die happy.

Videos%20Posted%20by%20The%20Dark%20Knight%20Rises-%20The%20Dark%20Knight%20Rises%20-%20Teaser%20Trailer%20%5BHD%5D_1311006063241.jpeg

The guy in white looks like he's carrying a camera, maybe possibly recording the fight. Could be a reporter or some civilian in the film. 
Looks like a gun to me

I don't know what easter eggs they are throwing in but I'm guessing the birth of s.h.i.e.l.d. and I heard there's a classic superhero cameo too.
Jim Hammond

Did not see or noticed him. Can anyone confimr if Hammond is in fact in the movie somewhere?

Hmmm... I can't recall. Is he supposed to be the costumed display? That was the only thing I noticed that stood out in the fair scene.

Back
Top Bottom