News On Future Films Based on Comics/Paranormal/Sci-Fi

Originally Posted by illmaticsoulchild

The Infinity Gauntlet will be just be a nice easter egg in the film. The rate that Marvel is going with their movies though, I wouldn't be surprised if an Infinity Gauntlet story will develop in 5-6 years.

I heard a lot a times that this story was very good but never got a chance to see what it was about entirely. Can anyone enlighten me on it or point my to a source for it?

Originally Posted by CherryJ23

The Infinity Gauntlet will be just be a nice easter egg in the film. The rate that Marvel is going with their movies though, I wouldn't be surprised if an Infinity Gauntlet story will develop in 5-6 years.

I heard a lot a times that this story was very good but never got a chance to see what it was about entirely. Can anyone enlighten me on it or point my to a source for it?
i've been collecting comics for 15+ years and have been a strict marvel head...out of all of the saga's that marvel has put out the infinity gauntlet is probably one of my fav just because they incorporate so many characters.  Basically Thanos tries to win the affection of the mistress death who is straight friendzoning fool so he's like "how do I impress this chick" so he decides to collect all of the infinity gems, each gives a mastery over a certain aspect of the universe: time, space, reality, soul, power, and mind.  Thanos goes on a quest and gets all the gems then puts them into a glove and he wipes out half the universe to impress death.  So the silver surfer is the first one to warn everyone on earth about thanos's coming.  After that Adam Warlock gets involves and a whole slew of super-heroes and villans and @@*# gets wild.
Theirs also the infinity war and infinity crusade comics that sort of share a similar plot.

i've been collecting comics for 15+ years and have been a strict marvel head...out of all of the saga's that marvel has put out the infinity gauntlet is probably one of my fav just because they incorporate so many characters.  Basically Thanos tries to win the affection of the mistress death who is straight friendzoning fool so he's like "how do I impress this chick" so he decides to collect all of the infinity gems, each gives a mastery over a certain aspect of the universe: time, space, reality, soul, power, and mind.  Thanos goes on a quest and gets all the gems then puts them into a glove and he wipes out half the universe to impress death.  So the silver surfer is the first one to warn everyone on earth about thanos's coming.  After that Adam Warlock gets involves and a whole slew of super-heroes and villans and #*%+ gets wild.
Theirs also the infinity war and infinity crusade comics that sort of share a similar plot.

Issue 4 of Infinity Gauntlet was epic. When Thanos turned Thor into glass and just shattered him in a million pieces it was a wrap.

Originally Posted by GrimlocK

i've been collecting comics for 15+ years and have been a strict marvel head...out of all of the saga's that marvel has put out the infinity gauntlet is probably one of my fav just because they incorporate so many characters.  Basically Thanos tries to win the affection of the mistress death who is straight friendzoning fool so he's like "how do I impress this chick" so he decides to collect all of the infinity gems, each gives a mastery over a certain aspect of the universe: time, space, reality, soul, power, and mind.  Thanos goes on a quest and gets all the gems then puts them into a glove and he wipes out half the universe to impress death.  So the silver surfer is the first one to warn everyone on earth about thanos's coming.  After that Adam Warlock gets involves and a whole slew of super-heroes and villans and @@*# gets wild.
awesome  
laugh.gif

is there a book / graphic novel out that puts all of the issues in one place?  i wish marvel would make an animated movie about it.  it would be
eek.gif
.  dc makes great ones.

This year's marvel movies don't look epic to me, of course im watching them but i feel im going to be more excited after the credits for the teasers.

Thor trailer looks straight...looks straight looks like their gonna go in depth with asgard cuz I saw some ice demons in there. Can't wait to see his team (Baldur, heimsdall, etc.)

Also i don't know if it was mentioned in this thread but looks like this will make a guest appearance somehow in Thor:

infinitygauntlet-CCIshowphoto-full.jpg

pimp.gif
if it does
30t6p3b.gif

can not believe they are just throwing/putting stuff together so that MORE ppl will flock to the theaters. and the gems are by themselves, they are not on a glove. can not believe marvel is destroying my childhood, so that newbies can eat it up and call it gold.

as for the thor movie. i'm not really impressed. seems dull. full of those cheesy one liners, but who knows, hopefully i will be proven wrong.

^Well yeah, we all know what the Infinity Gauntlet is, but the Gems still needa be collected and put into the Gauntlet.

Originally Posted by Lieutenant Kif

Originally Posted by FloatOver
Wow, this costume is perfect.  I just hope the Hydra costumes aren't as dopey as they look.
man i'm trying not to be a hater on comic book movies but this costume is crazy wack.  looks like some indiana jones x osh kosh bgosh overalls.  I think it would've been better with a chain mail/fish scale patter even though thats more of caps modern look keep the buckles and switch up the color to a darker blue.  Maybe it will look different in the movie but it looks like one big denim jumpsuit.  They could've done a way better job on the helmet though but its marvel and you can't expect too much from them in terms of aesthetics of their movie characters.  Story I still believe will outweigh this by leaps but it would've been nice if they did the same kind of effort they put into the iron man costume. 

Originally Posted by Lieutenant Kif

Originally Posted by FloatOver
Wow, this costume is perfect.  I just hope the Hydra costumes aren't as dopey as they look.
man i'm trying not to be a hater on comic book movies but this costume is crazy wack.  looks like some indiana jones x osh kosh bgosh overalls.  I think it would've been better with a chain mail/fish scale patter even though thats more of caps modern look keep the buckles and switch up the color to a darker blue.  Maybe it will look different in the movie but it looks like one big denim jumpsuit.  They could've done a way better job on the helmet though but its marvel and you can't expect too much from them in terms of aesthetics of their movie characters.  Story I still believe will outweigh this by leaps but it would've been nice if they did the same kind of effort they put into the iron man costume. 
I see your point...But I personally believe the costume is good. I don't know if this will be main staple of the costume, but hopefully when he wakes up and joins the Avengers he'll have an updated outfit? Either way, I'm excited for both Thor and Captain America.

They can make a nice fish scale version for Capt. America if they use the same material as they did for Thors sleeves, maybe make the scales a bit smaller though.
Chris%20Hemsworth%20in%20Paramount%20Pictures%20Thor%20movie%202011.jpg
chris-hemsworth-anthony-hopkins-thor.jpg

exactly I didn't even notice that...I think caps costume would have been better if they did use a fish scale patter but once again that's really caps modern look. Marvel basically went the route of ultimate captain america and atleast there keeping that true but I still would've preferred a motorcycle bucket style helmet over the one they went with.

I think thors costume is pretty well done I especially like the helmets which kept it 100 with how it was in the comics...atleast modern day comics

Thor+Helmets.jpg

I was about to get this helmet for the hell of it last year or so

yhst-92207538504947_2146_61287650

then I realized I could just make it rain on %@*+

exactly I didn't even notice that...I think caps costume would have been better if they did use a fish scale patter but once again that's really caps modern look. Marvel basically went the route of ultimate captain america and atleast there keeping that true but I still would've preferred a motorcycle bucket style helmet over the one they went with.

I think thors costume is pretty well done I especially like the helmets which kept it 100 with how it was in the comics...atleast modern day comics

Thor+Helmets.jpg

I was about to get this helmet for the hell of it last year or so

yhst-92207538504947_2146_61287650

then I realized I could just make it rain on %@*+

nice helmet, I was looking into getting the Mjollnir they came out with, but opted for Cap's shield instead and didn't wanna get too carried away
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom