News On Future Films Based on Comics/Paranormal/Sci-Fi

That is what I was thinking. I dont know how everyone decided on miracles. Joss Whedon writes comics. Doubt he would approve of that ********.

I think he will make a great quick. And I like how they look like they could be brother and sister in real life

That is what I was thinking. I dont know how everyone decided on miracles. Joss Whedon writes comics. Doubt he would approve of that ********.

I think he will make a great quick. And I like how they look like they could be brother and sister in real life

aren't they married in Godzilla? but yeah I hope they aren't called miracles. Sounds... weird.

Last edited:
couldnt just be that he was sayin miracles cuz its a miracle to see a superfast guy and a shorty moving blocks with her mind

everytime i read about aaron johnson i can only see him as that guy from Savages with dreads lol

dude looks like a nerd in everything else

thinkin about it now, he was a nerd in savages :lol:

hopefully hes more of a badass in the avengers

He did get pretty yolked in Kickass 2.

When I think of him, I think of the guy who was banging his cougar director that's twice his age and married her. Dude's had a weird life.

I'm really looking forward to seeing Elizabeth Olsen as Scarlet Witch, she should be awesome.

"This video has been removed by the user." :smh:

I didn't even know there was a teaser already. These Daniel Craig Bond films are some of my favourite current movies. I need to see this.

EDIT: I looked it up. Apparently it's fake and an April Fools Day prank that got leaked early. :smh:

Last edited:
"kill them"

"why?"

"because they are Miracles"

"yes, we are going to kill all the Miracles"

yea that wont work 
laugh.gif

i wonder how many times Odin cheated on his wife

wonder how many times she joined in

Last edited:
CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER REVIEW User_image
ROTH CORNET
THE TERMINATOR OF SUPERHERO MOVIES.

MARCH 20, 2014 The ninth installment in the Marvel cinematic universe, Captain America: The Winter Soldier is also perhaps its most intricately crafted. The set-up is straightforward enough: Cap and Black Widow are working for/with Nick Fury when S.H.I.E.L.D. comes under attack. Unsure of whom, if anyone, to trust, they must uncover a hidden threat before it destroys them all. The film not only serves as a strong follow-up to Cap’s first outing, Captain America: The First Avenger, and Joss Whedon’s ensemble juggernaut The Avengers, it also has the strongest ties and most profound impact on the Marvel Cinematic Universe at large. The repercussions of the events of this film will reverberate throughout all of Marvel’s properties.
Perhaps more to the point, the film is one of, if not the strongest individual installment to date. One part spy thriller, one part character journey, one part visceral action movie, and one part straight-up superhero adventure film, The Winter Solider hits all of the right notes and serves as an example of the very best of what comic book movies have to offer. The scale of the film alone is unprecedented for Marvel. If feels as though the studio has taken every lesson they’ve learned in terms of how to construct and effectively execute an action sequence and integrated it into one elaborate and gorgeous piece of spectacle. It’s all right there on the screen.
02:32Captain America: The Winter Soldier - Trailer #2
Best known for their work on television comedies such as Community and Happy Endings, no one will ever question whether or not directors Anthony and Joe Russo are capable of delivering exhilarating and innovative spectacle again. The Winter Soldier moves at a pulse-pounding pace and one never gets the sense that even one of the 136-minutes of screen time was wasted. Car chases, hard-core hand-to-hand, aerial dogfights and pressure-cooker gun battles are interwoven with multi-layered script that combines elements of at least three genres.
On the whole, the film works on multiple levels. This is a sharp script that harkens back to the ‘70s-era political thrillers. The filmmakers understand the tropes enough to both

Marvel's The AvengersSkyfallCaptain America: The First AvengerIron Man revel in and toy with them, delivering moments that feel once classic and fresh. Things do get a bit plot-heavy in moments and the villains’ motivations read as somewhat amorphous. It’s not quite, “we like evil because it’s so EVIL,” but, it’s in that arena. Having said that, the film doesn’t shy away from some of those pulpy elements; in fact, it plays with and utilizes them to infuse the proceedings with a sense of play.
One of the most surprising aspects of The Winter Soldier is how bold Marvel is willing to be with it. Not only does it potentially shake-up the structure of their entire cinematic universe (we won’t say why or how here, but stay tuned to IGN for more on that once the film has been release), but they understand the political thriller enough to get that if they’re going to do one, and do it well, then they’re going to have to introduce a strong point-of-view about something that is relevant to our contemporary world – and that they do.

The film offers a strong perspective about a current geopolitical hot button issue - the cost of freedom. The execution is graceful, though, in the sense that it does so without ever veering into proselytization or becoming too convoluted. There are ideas to chew on if you’re so inclined, but at its core, The Winter Soldier remains a pulsing and fast paced piece of entertainment.
Character isn’t sacrificed for the sake of plot, though. The Winter Soldier is a well-balanced film that serves up comedy, drama, and action. The big and small moments are equally thick with tension and there is some powerful development in this film. In fact, Chris Evans’ Steve Rogers / Captain America in some ways becomes the most relatable of the Marvel heroes in this film, which is, of course, a bit odd, given his origin.
There was a promise of an arc for him that began in The Avengers and really pays off here. The Winter Soldier explores the cost of being Cap: a man out of time, who in many way belongs to no one and nothing, in a wrenching manner. There is a sequence early on in the film which is particularly shattering to watch as a fan of these characters. We’re truly exposed to his vulnerability in this film, but he's also ten times the a**-kicker and name taker. That shield has never been utilized so dynamically or been rendered as fiercely.
00:54Captain America: The Winter Soldier - "In Pursuit" Clip
In general, the characters are given rich ground to play in, with the exception of a few who’ve been introduced in this film. Emily VanCamp’s Sharon Carter is only afforded cursory treatment, and while Anthony Mackie gives a strong showing as Falcon and fans will likely enjoy his presence, his purpose is primarily to serve as Cap’s sidekick. Rogers’ true partner in the film is Scarlett Johansson’s Natasha Romanoff/Black Widow.

Building on what Whedon established for her in The Avengers, The Winter Soldier continues what is evolving into a fascinating character trajectory. She and Cap have a great repartee which feels akin to some of the truly witty early cinema rom-cons (though, theirs is not a romantic engagement). She is a powerhouse unto herself as well, though. Widow, whose already been endowed with fantastic comedic moments and a fascinating and full backstory as a character, is given a tremendous moral conflict here and left at a very interesting crossroads by the film's end.
Nick Fury is also granted scenes ripe with genuine emotion in the film. Humor, heart, and sincere fear are all in play and he too is brought to a surprising and exiting place by the story’s conclusion. In some ways, we see more from Fury here than in all of his previous appearances combined.
One very notable new addition is Robert Redford’s Alexander Pierce. This is more than just a cameo, and Redford, not surprisingly, turns in a gorgeous performance that illustrates that he is well aware of exactly the movie he’s in. The actor brings a gravitas that helps to sell the film as the ‘70s spy-thriller that it is. He brings the weight of his entire cinematic legacy with him, which also helps us to immediately buy into his character’s power and authority. We don't want to give too much away, but will say that seeing him in this capacity will likely be a thrill for cinephiles and comic book fans alike.
Finally, the titular character himself: The Winter Soldier. It is no exaggeration to say that Sebastian Stan’s Winter Soldier is – other than Loki – Marvel’s most successful, and by far most terrifying, villain to date. Again, we’ll leave the details off the page, as we want audiences to enjoy the experience fully. However, we will say that Stan is both heartbreaking and legitimately chilling. He is relentless, feels unstoppable, is fundamentally the Terminator of the superhero world and is absolutely one of the most exciting new characters we’ve seen in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

THE VERDICT

With a mix of effective character moments, viscerally thrilling action, humor, intrigue, and surprising heart, Captain America: The Winter Soldier is one of Marvel Studios' strongest entries to date. This one is in fact a game changer.

Captain America: The Winter Soldier on Movies
AMAZING
Cap 2 is one of Marvel's best and sets the bar for all of the summer 2014 comic book movies to follow.
+Awesome action.
+Powerful character moments.
+Great story.
+Bold choices.
+Legitimately terrifying villain.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/03/20/captain-america-the-winter-soldier-review

Last edited:
I am really surprised by the hype train on the Cap2 that the reviews aren't 10/10 all around though most are in love with the film already.

It's difficult to ascertain movies out of these reviews though, IM3 got great reviews from the get go and ended with 78% at RT while Thor2 got ok reviews and ended 65% at RT and Thor2 is 100x better than IM3.

I hope it follows the Thor2 path than Im3 though.

Well...how much comic book fans like the story =/= what was a better movie?

I think for a good amount of people Thor 2 had a cleaner and better story, that didn't leave a bad taste in people's mouths.

But IM3 was obviously a much better made, directed, and written film than Thor 2. If IM3 didn't piss people off, it'd probably be in the 90s on RT.

I think for a good amount of people Thor 2 had a cleaner and better story, that didn't leave a bad taste in people's mouths.

But IM3 was obviously a much better made, directed, and written film than Thor 2. If IM3 didn't piss people off, it'd probably be in the 90s on RT.

Antidope hack you?

Not for me, even if they left out the Mandarin trash, the movie still wasn't very good. It was too much Stark and not enough Ironman. It was like Macguyver movie there at some points and the overall film just didn't work for me. IM3 also had too many themes that was unnecessary like the Christmas crap everywhere because of the director, it's like who gives a damn, they accomplished nothing. :lol:

IM3 might be directed slightly better but to me that was about it. I think Thor 2 was just better, production and how it was written.

Both villains were very forgetful though, I really wish Killian was a bit better written but while he isn't as bad as Malekith, it is pretty damn close.

Last edited:
Antidope hack you?

:lol: IM3 had a lot of flaws that made it a movie I'm cool with not ever watching again.

But it's straight emotional if you can say Dark World was a better directed or written movie.

You and everyone you know might like it more, but that RT don't surprise me.

Last edited:
No one should be surprised at cap 2 being :smokin especially since cap 1 is the best phase 1 film before avengers (yes better than iron man 1)

As far as what the twins will be called, they shouldn't be called anything at all in the film. I don't know why but I feel like Ultron will make quick work of the already established Avengers and quicksilver and Scarlett Witch will be the ones to destroy Ultron because they actually have super powers.

I'm betting money on a scene with hulk becoming frustrated because he cant catch quicksilver

Last edited:
Not for me, even if they left out the Mandarin trash, the movie still wasn't very good. It was too much Stark and not enough Ironman. It was like Macguyver movie there at some points and the overall film just didn't work for me. IM3 also had too many themes that was unnecessary like the Christmas crap everywhere because of the director, it's like who gives a damn, they accomplished nothing. :lol:

Agree. That Mandarin twist would not matter if they did the extremis and the final battle right. Don't even get started with the IM suits..

See, that's personal. There were more good Iron Man in action scenes in IM3 than the other 2. You just built up emotions on Shane Black in general. Christmas is the problem? Too much RDJ? Nah, it sounds more like you were mad that the ads promised RDJ would get Extremis powers, and he'd get into all those different suits. Those are more problems you had before the movie even started.

You ain't looking at it from a standpoint of good filmmaking. Just 'disappointed comicbooking.' And that's fine, but that RT score is gonna make sense to me and not you is all. Besides...RT doesn't even matter like that.

Last edited:
IM3 was just a poorly made movie in many regards (other than the obvious action scenes, special effects, star power). The writing was off & there were just too any generic elements to it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom