News On Future Films Based on Comics/Paranormal/Sci-Fi

My only thing is why change the characters race in the movie if it was never at any point that in the comics...if in one of the universe Johnny and Sue were adopted and different races cool, but if not, why complicate a movie they have yet to get right in the first place?...Johnny and Sue are siblings, but Johnny is black and Sue is white...can't wait for the explanation to this...

Johnny has never been black in any continuity of the Marvel Uni. I like Michael B. Jordan but i honestly HATE the idea of him being Johnny Storm.

Last edited:
Why cant they be adopted?

That's what I'm trying to figure out, was this the case in any of the marvel universes?

No idea. First time for everything though

Johnny has never been black in any continuity of the Marvel Uni. I like Michael B. Jordan but i honestly HATE the idea of him being Johnny Storm.

I'm a MBJ stan so I'm hyped for him getting the role. He'll excel.

Wow. Mike b confirmed as torch
pimp.gif

Rest of the cast is wack though. Miles teller is awful. Mara is cool i guess. Other dude idek him.

I just hope mike b shines tho tbh lol
Miles Teller is arguably the best young actor in Hollywood today and is in more demand then anyone. Go watch The Spectacular Now, and later this year go see Whiplash
And? Doesn't mean I think he's a good actor though. But I'll watch the movies you recommended. I'm basing my opinion of him based on seeing That awkward moment. I just can't get out my mind that hes the guy from Party X
Miles was great in awkward moment though.

So was MBJ, only zac effron was eh.

script was meh too.

Best comment I've seen on it:

Exec 1: Hey, that last X-men movie did pretty well, right? What was different about it? Was it the story? Was it somehow more focused? It couldn't have been the lack of Ratner, right? That guy's got it all.

Exec 2: Nah, dip****. It's age. Young. You want 'em young. Old people? Teens can't relate to that ****. Young. The nerds will come see it anyways. They'll get pissed about whatever and come see it anyways and get pissed about it again on the internet. But they'll pay. We want the people who are lining up for that Twilight ******** to line up for ours. Everyone's all over that teenage drama. [Bends over and does a line of coke.] What I'm thinking is: young and *****ble. Real young and *****ble. And they wanna **** each other. That's drama, see? So we cast them young. Maybe the villain wanted to **** too. But then she gets upset. **** it. Cast that ****. We'll figure it out later. People will see it. Did you see the last two? We made 600 million off that ****! Now just imagine the money if we make 'em young.

^ exactly. All 4 actors are young and on the rise. That alone will make it a box office hit (which is all the studios care about lets be real).

In a world where we scream and cry for racial equality and non-judgement, there is a slew of hypocritical people coming out the woodwork because of this story. What does it matter if he's black and she's white. I'm sure there will find a way to make it work.
Hypocritical? People of all races complain that figures who were likely not white are potrayed as white(Jesus and St. Nicholas) in the media and that stories centered on black people, for the longest amount of time, where believed to be white (creation of rock and roll for instance).

Being fine with doing the reverse is hypocritical.

Still waiting on an Incredibles sequel, especially if finding nemo got one...
Pixar has already said they have no intention on making a sequel. Odd considering it is their only movie whos ending was made with a sequel in mind.

What a reach lol. We're talking about a comic book movie, not the civil rights movement. I don't care that there's a black actor. What I'm getting at is that they're brother and sister. They should both either be black or whatever other race they choose.
I care if he is black. They should be making movies surrounding black characters instead of making white characters black. Even when they do it in the comics it is stupid unless it is done for a good reason. I care a lot more about what happens to Miles Morales, Black Panther, Storm, and even currently lower rate characters like Cpt Universe than what happens to Nick Fury Jr (who is a lame character in 616 anyway). Instead of rebooting X-Men and doing a good job at it, giving us an awesome Storm, they pull this crap?

Yeah that's my only problem with the casting... they seem so young.

This too. The guys making this movie have no respect for the comics.

Ultimates F4 are much younger so there is a source material where they are young, it isn't exactly disrespect.

In a world where we scream and cry for racial equality and non-judgement, there is a slew of hypocritical people coming out the woodwork because of this story. What does it matter if he's black and she's white. I'm sure there will find a way to make it work.

What does this have to do with the movie though? Keep origin stories and characters the way they are. I don't like the casting for the fact they all appear so young and Ben Grimm is hugely miscast.

My only thing is why change the characters race in the movie if it was never at any point that in the comics...if in one of the universe Johnny and Sue were adopted and different races cool, but if not, why complicate a movie they have yet to get right in the first place?...Johnny and Sue are siblings, but Johnny is black and Sue is white...can't wait for the explanation to this...
Johnny Storm is black in a couple alt universes off the past 10 years of comics. The recent F4/FF books had a black Sue Richards and Johnny (but Johnny was all ****** up so you couldn't tell he was black).
Wow. Mike b confirmed as torch :pimp:

Rest of the cast is wack though. Miles teller is awful. Mara is cool i guess. Other dude idek him.

I just hope mike b shines tho tbh lol

Miles Teller is arguably the best young actor in Hollywood today and is in more demand then anyone. Go watch The Spectacular Now, and later this year go see Whiplash
If he is then all young actors in Hollywood suck.

Also to your other post I don't agree with the idea that just cuz everybody is young (even the director) this will be great. Youth does not equal quality.

Not sure how a younger cast means it'll be a hit. The new spiderman has a fairly young cast but what other superhero / comic films have young actors in the lead?

Last edited:
It's not even about how much money it'll make. The ****** F4 movies made money.

My whole thing is a young cast does not mean the acting will be great, that the story will be great, etc.

ASM has legitimate complaints to it. The first one isn't better than the first two Raimi versions. There's a long way to go on this front.

And on another note hollywood pretends to be fwd thinking with changing these dudes race but they still haven't changed the lead character. Watch the highlight of Torche's character be an attitude problem too. :smh:

Johnny Storm is black in a couple alt universes off the past 10 years of comics. The recent F4/FF books had a black Sue Richards and Johnny (but Johnny was all ****** up so you couldn't tell he was black).
If he is then all young actors in Hollywood suck.

Also to your other post I don't agree with the idea that just cuz everybody is young (even the director) this will be great. Youth does not equal quality.
Images? Couldn't find anything on Wiki about this.

No doom? They would of ruined him anyway. Niptuck doom was worse than im3 fake Mandarin

He will still likely be in the film, he might even end up helping F4 against Annihilus and then betray them in the end but Doom will just have to be in the film in some capacity.

Back
Top Bottom