New York Undercover Appreciation

I'd watch but doubt I'd be able to get into a reboot.

It appealed to me as a kid in elementary/middle school and became sentimental like Juice, Clockers, etc mainly because of the 90's NY culture and cinematography. Hard to redo that. Sometimes it's better to leave classics alone.

I'd watch but doubt I'd be able to get into a reboot.

It appealed to me as a kid in elementary/middle school and became sentimental like Juice, Clockers, etc mainly because of the 90's NY culture and cinematography. Hard to redo that. Sometimes it's better to leave classics alone.

This. I can watch the reruns all day, but there’s no way to accurately reboot all that culture and environment in 2018. Taylor Lautner and Chance The Rapper would be casted as Torres and JC, and Playboi Carti, SixNine, and Desiigner would be the performers in the updated jazz club

They really bout to quantico New York Undercover.

some shows are just one of a kind and can't be duplicated, this is one of those shows. It came during the right time and was relevant for the time it was released, it's really hard for a show to accomplish that.

The original literally covered every possible job they could go undercover in.

could still see it thriving though with a new audience, it obviosuly isn't for me.

I can see a reboot appealing to the young viewers that don’t even know about the og. NYC and even more so BK are a brand that is easy to market. Slap that on anything and it will sell these days.
Anywhere to catch reruns of the OG?

I barely remember the show as it is. Ice-T was the villian for a portion of a season. Spin-off perhaps?

Sometimes it's better to leave classics alone.

I never quite understood this argument.

Do the older episodes somehow get influenced by a bad remake? I don't think so.

Does a newer "version" being made tamper with your perception of the original? I doubt it.

They will still be two different things.

The newer 90210 existing doesn't ruin the greatness of the classic show. Same thing with NBA Inside Stuff. Same with all of the various Ninja Turtles variations SINCE the 1990s.

It isn't for US. ait is a different show that happens to share the name of a classic.

Last edited:
I never quite understood this argument.

Do the older episodes somehow get influenced by a bad remake? I don't think so.

Does a newer "version" being made tamper with your perception of the original? I doubt it.

They will still be two different things.

The newer 90210 existing doesn't ruin the greatness of the classic show. Same thing with NBA Inside Stuff. Same with all of the various Ninja Turtles variations SINCE the 1990s.

It isn't for US. ait is a different show that happens to share the name of a classic.

Not a fan of remakes if the OG is perfectly fine. I'd rather them use the writers, actors and budget for fresh ideas. It's always felt like a lazy cash grab to me. At least leave the name NY Undercover out of it. I'm admittedly sentimental about pop culture though.

Last edited:
Not a fan of remakes if the OG is perfectly fine. I'd rather them use the writers, actors and budget for fresh ideas. It's always felt like a lazy cash grab to me. At least leave the name NY Undercover out of it. I'm admittedly sentimental about pop culture though.
I get your anger but looking at it from a production standpoint, why not go for those easy cash grabs?

I get your anger but looking at it from a production standpoint, why not go for those easy cash grabs?

I'm definitely not angry :lol:

If they do it whatever. I'm not gonna go picket Fox studios. I'm just speaking casually.

I absolutely get it from money POV. They'll probably lure a chunk of our generation in with the title. I just think it's tacky from an artistic POV.

The unsung episode about this show was really good. Showed how from the start Fox basically wanted to undercut their own show.

Andre Harell and Kevin Arkadie (the producers and writer) original idea was 2 black cops. Fox wanted a white cop, they settled on a latino cop. Then after the first season it took Fox forever to renew them, the 2 stars had to basically beg them publically. Then after season 2 Fox wanted the show to be more "mainstream" so they forced the white cop in there and when his character didn't work, chemistry wasn't the same they killed him off. Killed off the Torres character later. They started playing less hip hop on the show cuz the "negative image" of hip hop and by season 4 it was a mess. :lol: :smh:

backdrop-1920.jpg

Episode was kinda sad. It's like Fox didn't want a black show to succeed so they would just stress them out and sabotage it.

I’d rather they work to acquire the rights to ALL of the original music they used as part of each episode’s storyline and re-release the series through Netflix/Hulu/Amazon Prime. The show hit during a very vibrant time period culturally. It’s not the same, and that won’t work in anybody’s favor if they go the reboot route. That show was NEW YORK. New York isn’t even NEW YORK anymore lol

‘New York Undercover’ Star Malik Yoba To Reprise Role In ABC Reboot Pilot

Written by Watkins based on a story by Wolf and him, New York Undercover picks up 20 years after the end of the original series that changed the face of TV cop dramas. It will follow detectives Nat Gilmore and Melissa Ortiz as they investigate the city’s most dangerous criminals from Harlem to Battery Park. Some cast members from the original series are expected to reprise their roles.

:nthat:

Basically this
I think a reboot would be fine with Malik Yoba being an he boss / lieutenant ... andthey can incorperate some younger people on the show

Eddie is dead ... leave him dead lol

Show is like 20 years old ... wish they would of continued then

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom