NEW YORK METS 2016 SEASON THREAD

Nothing wrong with sending him to the minors for a while to get himself right, I hope the Mets go that route.

Sending him to the bullpen would be a waste
I agree, but collins has faith in harvey. I thought last nights game was it for him 

I just don't see how it's beneficial for him to keep getting beat up, we're already at the end of May.

Mets have the luxury to let him sit out for a while, this is a bad decision by the team imo. We've been saying "this is it" for 2-3 starts already

Matz :smokin

Matz put the team on his back like "don't worry about that piece of chet, Harvey, I got this".

Also, I hope Cabrera's back spasms aren't serious. We need him, especially with Duda out. 

Last edited:
I've never been a Harvey fan but booing him is idiotic.

I'd just DL, let him chill out for the month and take a break. Think some of its mental, send him down to some rehab starts and build his confidence back up.

What is D'arnaud's timetable at this point? Need him back as soon as possible and hitting hopefully.

Just got to keep afloat and keep pace until we get everybody healthy at the all-star break. Really pumped to be getting Wheeler back eventually, still think he'll be really good.

Tremendous outing by Matz today to take this series. Also disagree with not sending Harvey down at this point. His confidence is shot and it looks to be affecting him mightily. Literally went from no hit stuff to not even belonging in the majors, never seen anything quite like this.

Harvey's confidence is shot right now for sure. But how do you guys think he will feel if he gets sent down to the minors?? You all are too quick to pull the trigger. Smh.

Terry is doing the right thing so far. Matt has to pitch through this and figure things out. It's called growing pains. He's a young guy who probably never had a stretch like this and it's messing with his brain which in turn is leading to him tinkering with his mechanics.

The fact that the season is still young, it affords the team a bit of leeway with Harvey. At worst, they skip a start and if he stinks it up after the skip, then reassess.

On another note, did anyone see Jake and Noah on Mike & Mike this morning? Noah with the Terminator demeanor and Jake chuckling throughout at him like "this dude is nuts". Lol

I honestly think 2 months is enough to get a guy going. Luckily we are in this despite the piss poor start by one of our more important players. I think we should get him right as soon as possible and the best option to do so would be sending him down. But oh well, he might also snap out of it up in the majors too which I hope is the case since the mets are scared to send him down obviously. If this was anyone else, he would not be in the majors now.

If any of you follow basketball, sending Harvey down would have been like if the Raptors wanted to send Lowry to the D league when he had that stretch of horrible games.

I would be HIGHLY against sending any pro of Harvey's caliber to the minors. That's the ultimate confidence breaker. While we're at it, let's send Wright down too. Oh, and I wonder if the Nats thought of sending Harper down after this past month of struggles he had.

Typical NYers. :lol:
And I mean that in a funny way. Not condescending.

If Noah wanted to hit Utley he would have, no warnings, what an absolute horse**** call.

Complete nonsense.

Last edited:
Cringed when I saw the next few batters up were Campbell, Kelly, Rivera, and Verrett (pitcher obviously)

Really will need another bat at some point despite the injures, tired of Campbell getting reps.

Last edited:
Still can't believe how the home plate Umpire just completely sabotaged the game yesterday, probably lose today

Personally, I would love to see Bart Colon hit Utley with the very first pitch tonight.

Noah did a poor job by NOT drilling Utley.

I think everyone moved on. Can they just get him out? Haha hate him. Tough task tonight against kershaw

Didn't realize Mets game started at 1 pm today

Went to Mets game last night. No, I didn't get a ring. :smh: Thought all fans get their own ring but only first 15 k. Oh well. I enjoyed the game but disappointed that we didn't win the series. Let's win the series in Chicago.

Back
Top Bottom