NEW YORK METS 2016 SEASON THREAD

Yeah its a shame the way the fans booed him. This guy pitched his heart out last season, all the way through to the world series. The fans have really turned on this man. Not that harvey is mister innocence or anything, but i think he deserves some time to figure it out. And you know he will, wether its with the mets or with another team. Which is for sure to come. No way he stays here. But like i said, I think he will figure it out, i just hope its in time for a playoff run.

hope harvey isnt going down the same path as lincecum 
frown.gif

Enough of that jabroni Harvey. Matz is back and pitched a great game. Hopefully, the start of a win streak, we need one.

Yeah its a shame the way the fans booed him. This guy pitched his heart out last season, all the way through to the world series. The fans have really turned on this man. Not that harvey is mister innocence or anything, but i think he deserves some time to figure it out. And you know he will, wether its with the mets or with another team. Which is for sure to come. No way he stays here. But like i said, I think he will figure it out, i just hope its in time for a playoff run.

The booing is different here, people will boo for bad performances, but I understand it especially with everyone deep down knowing he won't stay here once FA hits.

Mets will have his best years at least, don't think fans would boo deGrom or Thor if they had poor starts to the year.

He hasn't had one good start all year and got embarrassed in the biggest game of the season. Booing is expected and appropriate.

Was at today's game. Got there a little earlier to get a bucket hat. It's no Thor Garden gnome.

DeGrom pitched today but Matz came out briefly during BP

Granderson right before he hit a HR in the first inning

Bases loaded for Wright

Victory!

I love Left Field Reserved seat

Robles :pimp:

If it weren't Mets players, Yo could have signed with a different team. Glad we got him back

Never understood booing. If a guy is dogging it, sure. But Harvey is struggling and its not for lack of effort. Having an effective Harvey only makes this team that much more difficult to beat. Supporting him could only help. Why add to the negativity?

Anyway, as long as he is on the team, I'll continue to root for him. He just needs to pitch through this. Benching him should not be an option yet.

Fustrating man, hope he breaks out of this. Reminds me of strasburg's season last year.

And hopefully I'll be going Friday [emoji]128076[/emoji][emoji]127998[/emoji]

I think at this point, we need to sit him until he gets his stuff right. Clearly there's something going on and until he and the Mets figure that out, can't afford to throw him out there every 5 days.

the final game he started against KC in the world series got him good 
frown.gif
 hasnt been the same since. damn you eric hosmer 
mad.gif

Last edited:
Nothing wrong with sending him to the minors for a while to get himself right, I hope the Mets go that route.

Sending him to the bullpen would be a waste

I dont like the idea of sending him to the minors outright but I'd DL him and make him prove himself in rehab starts

He's got a lot of issues right now. His arm action is a mess. Some innings it was inverted, other innings he reached like 90% of the way straight back. This is a guy who used to extend his arm straight back then follow through and deliver, right now he's just not doing that cleanly or consistently. Idk if it's him trying to get more velo, or what the issue is, but he needs to clean it up and be consistent.

Last edited:
Was at the game last night and going today again to see Matz. The way Harvey looked yesterday wasn't right even when he was throwing strikes he just looks likes he's struggling

His velocity looked a lot better yesterday, and he was pitching pretty "solid" until the 5th came, the location on his secondary pitches is just terrible right now

Nothing wrong with sending him to the minors for a while to get himself right, I hope the Mets go that route.

Sending him to the bullpen would be a waste

Watching harvey last night like....
View media item 2044405
Its best to send him down to the minors now while the season is still early and we're not far from 1st place.

Mets are dealing with both mental and physical injuries right now.

Back
Top Bottom