NEW YORK METS 2010 SEASON POST: Collins named New Manager

smh.gif
At least the collapse started earlier this year rather than the last few weeks.

Originally Posted by holdupstop23

Can't wait till Jerry is fired and Backman is up here.
Backman won't do anything different. This team's problems are beyond the manager. If we were losing because Jerry was constantly putting guys in the wrong spots, I'd agree with you, but this team just can't hit. Everybody we go against comes out looking like a HOFer.

Just not hitting, even during this losing some good pitching has been there.

Bay was supposed to be that big bat in the lineup but he is on pace to have 10HR and 75 RBI.

Beltran won't be in sync for a while, its been over a year since he played on a consistent level.

They are def pressing (with some poor at bats), but Atlanta will cool off eventually. With the exception of two hot streaks, they've been an average team for the most part this season. When Wright/Reyes were on a tear they carried the team, nobody is hot right now and this is what happens.

that offense was pretty bad today. the pitching did it's part but it can only do so much when the bats are dry. hopefully they end the series right but i've been saying that i hope they'll step it up on the road all season and i'm still hoping.

They've been this way since Puerto Rico, its been a long time already.

The most frustrating part is that they've been losing games 1-0, 1-0, won 3-2 (blew a Santana 2-0 lead late), 2-0, etc.

Plus all the strikeouts, they can't even make contact and play some small ball, no patient at bats.....all signs of frustration and everyone tring to do too much.

Team needs a spark, its STILL JULY!

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

Bay was supposed to be that big bat in the lineup but he is on pace to have 10HR and 75 RBI.
*sigh*

This is exactly why I didn't like this signing during the off-season.

Hopefully he can catch fire down the stretch.

At worst, he just needs that 1st year adjustment of playing in NY out of the way. Then maybe we can see him produce more effectively in 2011.
ohwell.gif

finally saw this team play with some kinda fire and it started with defense. lets hope its a sign of better things to come

Then maybe we can see him produce more effectively in 2011.

That's what I feel with happen, but its def not a pressure thing because he went to Boston to replace Manny with no problem, its just a not a very good year.

We HAD to get a bat and it was only Bay and Holliday, and one was going back to the Cards.

13 of 21 starts less than 1 run allowed, and he is only 8-5

Lol we should have got Holliday... imagine we got Holliday ( .308, 18 hrs, 57 rbi) even though he struggled early on.
frown.gif
eyes.gif
embarassed.gif
 hahahahah
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/font]

Main is done for the season, prob done as a Met for good.

If Reyes sees that ground ball, should've been a 1-2-3 inning to start to give Pelf some confidence.

Why couldn't you just use a pitcher to pinch run instead of Blanco? Neise would've scored on that base hit.

Nice at bat from the # 2 hitter, on the first pitch. Even a squeeze would've sufficed with slappy up there but we had Blanco pinch running.
indifferent.gif

Smoking and listening to the Damian Marley and Nas album is probably the only way I've been able to tolerate today's game. Good to see Reyes hitting, though, we need him to light a huge spark for all these lazy +%!+%%! bums.

ok people cant ignore wright's strikeouts anymore. this dude is getting ridiculous on pace for 200 strikeout season 
smh.gif

roll.gif
@ fox playing Rhianna song when matt kemp was thrown out 
anyway... it seems like both teams are having the same problem... lack of scoring runs. Hopefully we can pull off a win today. 

On a brighter note, Pelf pitched decent and did not have an unbearable start lol.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
Ollie? Really?  Fire Omar Fire Jerry.  Mets are obviously not serious about winning right now

Back
Top Bottom