[[ NEW YORK METS 2009 OFFSEASON POST: Beltran ahead of schedule ]]

Santos and Sheffield have been amazing.

I like Castro but I think he will be designated for Assignment.

Does Santana prefer Castro though over Brian and Omir?

Hopefully tomorrow he will still be here.

GO METS.

Update, 9:30 pm:
In a post to Twitter, SI.com's Jon Heyman writes, "White Sox talking to Mets about catching, most likely Ramon Castro."
Heyman adds, "That sound you hear is Jerry Manuel cheering."

Original Post, 5:13 pm:
Adam Rubin of the Daily News believes the Mets are trying to trade C Ramon Castro before Saturday's game.

Rubin reports Brian Schneider will be activated tomorrow.

Rubin also provides information on where Castro might be traded, and how the Mets plan to manage the roster if he's unable to moved.
uh oh, roster squeeze with omar at the wheel, look out…
there is no way this team can justify carrying three catchers, especially with how often they tend to play short-handed…
hopefully, they find a taker for castro, whose removal from the clubhouse could be a good thing, frankly… if not, i realize castro is probably due around $2million more this season, but they have to consider releasing him… i know they will not, but they should…

The 28-year-old Santos is batting .268 with two HR and 15 RBI.
Meanwhile, Castro, who missed several games each of the last two seasons with injuries, is batting .253 with three HR and 13 RBI.

Team Francessa?
roll.gif

[table][tr][td] [h2] [/h2] [/td] [td] [table][tr][td]News: Castro Traded To White Sox[/td] [/tr][tr][td]By Mike Nichols - May 29, 2009 11:02 pm[/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [/tr][/table]
The Mets have traded Ramon Castro to the White Sox for RHP Lance Broadway.

Broadway, who is 0-1 with a 5.06 ERA in in games this season, will report to Triple-A Buffalo.

Castro is 33 years old and breaking down, always hurt.

Broadway was the # 15 overall pick in the 2005 draft for the White Sox (their 2nd best pitching prospect), he is 25 years old. He got rocked in 2006 but Ican't complain since you're not really going to get much value in return for Castro, you can never have enough pitching (3 catchers isn't cuttingit with Schneider coming back).

Best of luck Shrek.

^ That's pretty much what I'm reading on the guy, seems like he never panned out but I'll trade an aging catcher for a young starter anyday.

He'll play for AAA.

Ramon has some pop, he can't hit the fastball but he'll crush any off=speed stuff.

I don't know about young starter....I think Lance is destined for long relief but you never know he could find it with the Mets

Despite being a first round pick, Lance was always kind of omitted or forgotten whenever anyone in or outside of the organization talked about the youth.

The trade makes very little sense from our side but whatever

edit - nevermind

Corky Miller DFA and Wes Whisler has been called up

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ScarsOrScabs

What's the talk about Castro having been a problem? Or Manuel didn't like him?
It seemed like Manuel didn't like him... I heard he was lazy or whatever... but Castro is 10x the hitter Schneider is.

I just watched that clip
laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif

Francessa did bring up some good points though...

"Mikedoes bring up good points on Joba, but the team has done well since Abreboo and Matfooey are out of the lineup, the Lightning-Rod is staying out of the media as well, what is this an alternate Yankee universe? .....what??"

Schmoozer monologues FTW.

Back
Top Bottom