[[ NEW YORK METS 2009 OFFSEASON POST: Beltran ahead of schedule ]]

4 run lead couldn't Jerry give JJ the 9th inning or a day off and have somebody like Green or Parnell throw the 8th. I swear his arm is gonna fall off.

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Taking care of buissness
Something the Mets have NOT done the past two years.

Nice to get Santana the W despite that tough 4th inning.

...and also nice to see the other guys pick up David Wright for a day, he (along with TRON) have carried this team for a while already.

Mets win. Yay.
indifferent.gif

(And no, the stoneface isn't directed at you Mez.
laugh.gif
Just my general mood right now.)

A Mets fan telling me "Kobe mother %*%$$%"

And a Yankee fan chiming in with a rolling smiley.

No wonder I'm listening to Dido - Thank You right now.

That melancholy melody is fitting my @*%@*! mood right now.

I don't know if to cuss at y'all or laugh.
ohwell.gif

laugh.gif

That Arnold gif gets me everytime.

And yeah, Proshares.... I'm ok now. *forced smile*

laugh.gif

Todd Zolecki of MLB.com talked to Barry Axelrod, who represents Padres RHP Jake Peavy, to gauge if his client would be interested in pitching for the Phillies.

According to Zolecki, while Axelrod believes the Phillies fit many of Peavy's requirements, Philadelphia's geographic location would most likely be adifference maker in Peavy's decision.

…while the Phillies are in desperate need of starting pitching, from what i can gather, the likelihood of the Phillies trading for a high-priced pitcher isunlikely as the team has nearly exhausted their budget for this season…

Buster Olney of ESPN.com reports the Yankees have had internal discussions about trading for Indians utility-man Mark De Rosa.

Meanwhile, at his blog for Newsday, Ken Davidoff reports the Nationals are willing to trade veterans such as Nick Johnson, Josh Willingham and Austin Kearnsfor impact players that will improve the team in the present and future.

Gordon Edes of Yahoo says the Nationals have been actively scouting several Mets prospects, such as Jon Niese, Mike Antonini and Eddie Kunz, to find fit for apossible trade for Johnson.

Edes believes Bobby Parnell may be the 'linchpin' in any Mets deal for Johnson.

If the Mets trade Parnell, and it's not for Adrian Gonzalez or a big impact player, I'll lose it.

Mets are not THAT dumb, Nick is not a big time impact player.

I don't see Peavy leaving the West Coast at all.

I don't get why the Yankees would want a "utility man" on their team, they just need a RF.

Originally Posted by BTLlovesJays

Bad news guys, Julie Alexandria is no longer on beer money
frown.gif
%##* Julie. I'm STILL mad about Jocelyn Pierce.
smh.gif

Oh, and I hate the Marlins.

edit:
1-1 game in the 9th.
nerd.gif

edit:
In the 10th!

Back
Top Bottom