[[ NEW YORK METS 2009 OFFSEASON POST: Beltran ahead of schedule ]]

I don't like Sheff starting over Daniel though, only way he'll learn to play the outfield is if he's out there every day.

I would sit Wright tomorrow, even though he is looking better as of late (especially today). He will come around sooner or later.

I mean how could ya not like Murphy?? Triple!

And Mez, I prefer Murph starting over Sheff too.

I was saying that this is a good secondary lineup... (no Delgado, no Murphy).... and Castillo at the 2 spot.

Yeah I agree, but Santos def needs to be out there everyday with Castro only on day games after night.

Castillo looked like he had a back spasm touching 1st base, so Tatis needs to get some starts at 2nd if he misses some time.

Maine with 1 unearned run today, good job.

David is going to come around slowly but surely, he was one of the best hitters in the game for the past 3 years, but last year (even with career highs in HRand RBI) he wasn't the same contact hitter.....but he will figure it out he looks good at the plate today. Even his throwing looks better, not side armingeverything.

Well it was good to see that vid of him and HoJo working on his batting and trying to level off his swing. So maybe he's turning things around.

The reason I said I was tired of hearing about his batting is because once stuff like that gets into a player's head, it tends to screw up his mechanicseven more by having him altering too many different things at once.

But I'm not worried at all about David.

Just got back from the game and what can I say?
I really like Citi Field. Its structure was nicely done. I like the extra leg room in the seating.

It will take time to get used to Citi Field but I am impressed with what I saw today.

Great win by the Mets. Maine pitched well. Santos with the Grand Slam was siick!
pimp.gif

this park + high fences = impossible for hrs, its ridiculous how many triples the team has so far.
laugh.gif

rangers lose
frown.gif

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

Reyes - SS
Cora - 2B
Beltran - CF
Sheffield - LF
Wright - 3B
Church - RF
Tatis - 1B
Santos - C
Hernandez - RHP

What the f... Why didn't el Gato and Murph start again?

Anyway, I'm irked that Cantu ALWAYS seems to kill us. At least recently....

Florida is a real thorn. I definitely didn't expect a sweep...

Gato has a sore hip so he won't play till Philly this Friday.

Murphy will start tomm since its a day game. If Gato aiin't get hurt Wright would've had a game off but there is an off day Thursday anyways.

I'm upset over a LOSS but not how they lost, although Jerry left Green in too long, you have to see what you havesometimes since its still early. Pen has been lights out from day 1, a slip up WILL happen once in a while.

Originally Posted by true 3 blue

I swear you always say the right things Mez, makes it hard to argue.
laugh.gif
I feel like I talk to myself a lot, well, mainly with SHUGES.
laugh.gif

hotkicks, no SNY? What's the deal sir?

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by holdupstop23

oh the joy of being a mets fan. Guarantee the Mets dont get Santana the win today.

Nah, I feel good about today for some reason.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

hotkicks, no SNY? What's the deal sir?

Long story short, my cable company is trying to screw me for some free channel packages I got through corporate. After arguing with them for two weeks (sayingthat I don't owe hundreds of dollars), I had to cancel the account, and i'm in the process of getting new service (probably DirecTV since FiOS isunavailable). I should have SNY soon. I'm never home on Sundays (when the games play on PIX), so the only times I catch games is if I go to bars.

.....aannnnnnnnndddd David strikes out LOOKING yet again.

Its pretty embarrassing for a guy who's high in K's is 118, already has 25 in April already.

I know he gets off to a slow start sometimes, but 1 Hr and 8 RBI in a whole month is pretty terrible.

EDIT: and is anyone going to plunk Cantu or what? Dude is in the batters box locked in and completely relaxed, throw one near his chin and back him off.

Back
Top Bottom