New Season Thread Made, Move on Over :)

If Kobe can adjust his game similar to how Pierce adjusted to Rondo once he took the helm, then this team will be deadly

The Orlando Magic want Bynum, and need to find a way through a deal with the Lakers – or perhaps the assistance of a third team – to land him. The Lakers want to win championships now, and here’s a question they’re asking themselves: With Howard still rehabilitating back surgery, do they risk a season where he's still physically recovering?

For the Lakers to make a deal for Howard, Orlando will push them to take on a long-term contract it wants to unload: Hedo Turkoglu or Jason Richardson. For all the local TV revenue that’s coming to the Buss family, they still get queasy over paying so much in luxury taxes. Still, Howard, 26, can be the Lakers' marketable Hollywood star once Bryant is gone. Bynum will never the be that presence, even if he’s an excellent center.

From Adrian Wojnarowski

Originally Posted by HybridSoldier23

I feel the need to state the obvious...

DO IT MITCH!
Seriously Just do IT!

But Nash doesn't want Jrich.
laugh.gif

yea i dont know why Mitch is even bothering playing coy... come out and say the city of LA wants youuu Dwight... stroke his ego a bit and hell be n Hollywood by sundown
laugh.gif

I'm sorry, I know this question may seem dumb but what was the point of doing a sign and trade if he was a free agent? Was it a courtesy he was doing their franchise or was it to pay him what he wants since the home team can go over the cap?

Originally Posted by AG 47

Originally Posted by cleansneaksonly21

Saddens me that Lowry is in Toronto...

wanted him in purple and gold bad

With what assets? Gasol? Bynum? Can we be somewhat happy with what management did yesterday, especially considering no PERSON was moved to get Nash? Can we smile today? %@@+##! @*%# people.
 The rockets traded lowry for a bag of chips

it makes no sense

someone look for those rocket fans posts in this thread talking about how lowry was untouchable even for gasol or something like that

Originally Posted by prison mike

I'm sorry, I know this question may seem dumb but what was the point of doing a sign and trade if he was a free agent? Was it a courtesy he was doing their franchise or was it to pay him what he wants since the home team can go over the cap?

Courtesy and to get the money he wants

Originally Posted by SenorRoboto2k5

The Magic are definitely trading Howard. It's just a matter of where. That whole "blackmailing" story was probably the fifth or sixth nail in the coffin. The Magic will rid their hands of him, one way or another.

Yea with the damage that he's done already, there's no way he returns to play in Orlando for a year(or even half a year). It really is just a matter or where and when

This is completely out of nowhere but does anyone know if the Shaq jersey retirement ceremony will be opening night?

I plan to be there regardless, but his jersey retirement coupled with the Nash/Kobe backcourt debut will be
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by SenorRoboto2k5

- We all saw the train wreck of Hedo on the Suns
- Is it still possible that J Rich is the father of Nash's baby?
I thought the rumor was it was Leandro Barbosa who knocked up Steve Nash's wife 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by HybridSoldier23

This is completely out of nowhere but does anyone know if the Shaq jersey retirement ceremony will be opening night?

I plan to be there regardless, but his jersey retirement coupled with the Nash/Kobe backcourt debut will be
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I doubt it man.
I'm guessing sometime before or after the all star break.

I'll be there also and I think the NT Laker vets like tupac & rexryan are trying to setup a NT summit the night it happens.

The NBA 2012-2013 season schedule should be out by the end of July.

Don't know if this has been mentioned already but an article in the LA Times this morning said that we won't be resigning Sessions and Blake is penciled in as our main backup pg  
sick.gif

We gotta be rooting for Quinn Snyder to get that Orlando job right?. That opens up a coaching vacancy right?
nerd.gif
D'antoni?
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by jumpmantwenty3

If Kobe can adjust his game similar to how Pierce adjusted to Rondo once he took the helm, then this team will be deadly

Huge if....

Originally Posted by SHUGES

Originally Posted by jumpmantwenty3

Huge if....
i really think if everybody plays the way they are supposed to, mamba wont feel like he has that onus to take over.  i think nash with literally get everybody involved and good high quality shots.  he'll put everybody in the best position to be successful, even kobe.  and the fact nash can score too, it'll just make things easier for us.  we still need more pieces, but i think we've taken a step in the right direction.

Back
Top Bottom