New Season Thread Made, Move on Over :)

Why wouldn't you want BRoy off the bench? We've never had a backup sg.

I'd take a flier on him for less than 2 mil, but I think PHX is the best spot for him...

I'm looking to see LA buy a pick and get into the late 1st/early 2nd, lots of depth in this years depth
if we could get some backcourt help in Teague, Miller (Quincy or Darius), or Lamb... I would be content.

... here's hoping Odom comes back too, we need all the bench help we can get.

Originally Posted by SoHi 23

I'd take a flier on him for less than 2 mil, but I think PHX is the best spot for him...

I'm looking to see LA buy a pick and get into the late 1st/early 2nd, lots of depth in this years depth
if we could get some backcourt help in Teague, Miller (Quincy or Darius), or Lamb... I would be content.

If we could get him for a vet's minimum... Hell I'd bite..  I'd still make a move for an Iguodala still, just in case BRoy sucks.. Then you can decrease AI's minutes at the 3. And increase his minutes at the 2.

It's an overrated draft..  IMO..  If we got into the 1st Round.. I'd bet that pick is right out the door in another trade.

Last night's game has me wondering how close the Pau-for-Rondo trade was to happening.

I was sort of down for it at the time, especially if the Celts included Brandon Bass.

lol dude said he's willing to bet his unborn child. Yea like anyone would be interested in his child. Maybe he meant to bet his first born so he won't have to pay child support

Originally Posted by SenorRoboto2k5

Last night's game has me wondering how close the Pau-for-Rondo trade was to happening.

I was sort of down for it at the time, especially if the Celts included Brandon Bass.

If you listen to the Celtics FO, Rondo was never offered, and they were not interested in Pau at all

I hate knowing how many holes we need to fill, but hate even more knowing that one of our huge holes used to be one our strengths; remember The Bench Mob? Our bench used to be great, man. Like, teams couldn't think "Thank god, Kobe & Shaq are resting" or "Good, Phil's resting Kobe & Pau." There was no relief for other teams, because our bench could hold leads; hell, sometimes Phil would go to the bench w/ like a 9 point lead, and Kobe would come back in w/ us up 16 or 17.
ohwell.gif

Those days are LOOOOONG gone, and I don't just mean time wise. We are a LONG ways from that.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

I hate knowing how many holes we need to fill, but hate even more knowing that one of our huge holes used to be one our strengths; remember The Bench Mob? Our bench used to be great, man. Like, teams couldn't think "Thank god, Kobe & Shaq are resting" or "Good, Phil's resting Kobe & Pau." There was no relief for other teams, because our bench could hold leads; hell, sometimes Phil would go to the bench w/ like a 9 point lead, and Kobe would come back in w/ us up 16 or 17.
ohwell.gif

Those days are LOOOOONG gone, and I don't just mean time wise. We are a LONG ways from that.

Someone call up Mitch..  I HAVE IDEAS!
roll.gif

^Part of the problem is that we trade away our draft picks nearly every season. We need more youth and I'm not just talking about the 2nd round picks we take a stab at occasionally.

The Spurs: Splitter 1st round, George Hill 1st round, Neal undrafted, Dragic 2nd round, Blair 2nd round, etc...

These are all solid depth guys or starters somewhere else. We HAVE TO be able to bring in talent outside of trades. Obviously we don't have the flexibility now to do so, but in time, we have to return to the draft to build our team.

^ Well what's the point of keeping our draft picks if we aren't going to use them?

Goudelock and Ebanks ended up being pretty good young players and for the most part, Mike Brown didn't use either of them.

Instead of putting in Blake and Sessions in all those times, they could of easily put in Goudelock as a backup for Kobe and see how it works.

I wont be surprised if they keep Bynum, I think the only big move we will make is shipping out Gasol.

Would be nice to get a guy like Beasley as a starter and get Lamar for dirt cheap as his backup or something.

I know a lot of people don't want Lamar bad, but realistically all the moves everyone wants usually do not happen. Hell, last season we were expecting the team to get blown up or something and this season it ends up being the same damn thing.

xsalvioutlawx,

You're referring to this past year. Cool. What about the year before? Or the year before that? We have been very successful in the past decade improving the team through trades, but 9/10, that was because we could fleece another squad. That time is over and we're going to have to invest in the draft more. That young talent. Look at the SAS since they're obviously playing the best ball in the league. They have the old Big 3, but they surrounded those guys by talented youth. That's all I'm saying.

Originally Posted by Essential1

Originally Posted by SoHi 23

If we could get him for a vet's minimum... Hell I'd bite..  I'd still make a move for an Iguodala still, just in case BRoy sucks.. Then you can decrease AI's minutes at the 3. And increase his minutes at the 2.

It's an overrated draft..  IMO..  If we got into the 1st Round.. I'd bet that pick is right out the door in another trade.

I disagree........now i can see where some might think this class is overrated, because outside of AD there's no real "star power" guys, or really any guys you can build a franchise around. We obviously have needs at pretty much every position, if we could somehow sneak into the mid to late 1st round, there's no doubt that there will still be quality players who can be plugged in and help us out next year.

And to your other point essential, in years past you are 100% right, our 1st Rounders held little to no value to us, but that was the Phil Jackson era....it was no secret, he didn't like to play young guys for whatever reason. But if you think about it, that's why we're in the position we're in now.

Originally Posted by AG 47

xsalvioutlawx,

You're referring to this past year. Cool. What about the year before? Or the year before that? We have been very successful in the past decade improving the team through trades, but 9/10, that was because we could fleece another squad. That time is over and we're going to have to invest in the draft more. That young talent. Look at the SAS since they're obviously playing the best ball in the league. They have the old Big 3, but they surrounded those guys by talented youth. That's all I'm saying.

I'm not even disagreeing with you.
I'm just saying, we actually got some good players from the draft in Ebanks and Goudelock who at times played way better than most of us would have thought. Mike Brown doesn't even use them unless he absolutely has to.

It got to the point that Ebanks during the regular season said he would seek playing on another team the following season, or something along those lines.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

ohwell.gif

The biggest hole we have to fill is the coaching position. 

Originally Posted by xsalvioutlawx

^ Well what's the point of keeping our draft picks if we aren't going to use them?

Goudelock and Ebanks ended up being pretty good young players and for the most part, Mike Brown didn't use either of them.

Instead of putting in Blake and Sessions in all those times, they could of easily put in Goudelock as a backup for Kobe and see how it works.

I wont be surprised if they keep Bynum, I think the only big move we will make is shipping out Gasol.

Would be nice to get a guy like Beasley as a starter and get Lamar for dirt cheap as his backup or something.

I know a lot of people don't want Lamar bad, but realistically all the moves everyone wants usually do not happen. Hell, last season we were expecting the team to get blown up or something and this season it ends up being the same damn thing.

Would you trade Gasol for Beasley, Ridnour, player (s) who's money matches up with his contract?
Beasley's like 23, given a bigger role I just wanna see how good he can be.
Timberwolves want Ricky to have a spanish friend.

Chris Broussard really needs to STOP doing anything.

You can't be an insider and propose your own trades....  Whether the trade makes sense or not..  He can't just be doing trades all willy nilly  with no source saying that it is possible

Chris Broussard really needs to STOP doing anything.

You can't be an insider and propose your own trades....  Whether the trade makes sense or not..  He can't just be doing trades all willy nilly  with no source saying that it is possible
If he's not spilling his own stuffs to make it interesting how is he going to eat ?

It's the media bro. They'll go broke if they're not trying to make up stuff

Man I'll be pretty disappointed if Royce White drops to the 20's in the draft, his skills remind me of Lamar Odom but younger. Could have been a player for the future since Sessions did not pan out this season.

No GM or owner would ever be as aggressive as we need them to be this offseason... I'm beginning to think we will do the same thing we did the last 2 offseasons..  No major moves that benefit us.. All minor tweaks hoping things happen, when we need to rock the boat and damn near tip it over.

No GM or owner would ever be as aggressive as we need them to be this offseason... I'm beginning to think we will do the same thing we did the last 2 offseasons..  No major moves that benefit us.. All minor tweaks hoping things happen, when we need to rock the boat and damn near tip it over.
The main thing is we're trying to save money. Which means we won't be going after any big name players. 
ohwell.gif

I think this team should just go "H.A.M" (can't believe I'm using that term) this offseason and sign players to 2 year contracts. Surround Kobe with the aggressive players and deepen that bench.

Originally Posted by mrdieselfuel09

I think this team should just go "H.A.M" (can't believe I'm using that term) this offseason and sign players to 2 year contracts. Surround Kobe with the aggressive players and deepen that bench.
We can hope but it's hopeless. 

Back
Top Bottom