New Season Thread Made, Move on Over :)

Of course Kobe is overpaid.. No one's worth $27 mil in salary in the NBA.. EVER..

But themz da bricks....

Anyway.. I just realized how fun it's going to be watching that Andrew Bynum led team get demolished in the playoffs.. :rofl:

Last edited:
I'm w/ Essential.

Forget a Bynum. Was never a fan, honestly. Only part of me that liked him was because he was a Laker. Pau's interior passing is going to be what Drew misses the most, imo.

Im going to be rooting for YOLO on the East
pimp.gif
I won't.. No longer a Laker.. So now I can bury his play the way he deserves.. And see him off in constant 1st Round Playoff exits.
me too bruh.

sig check
pimp.gif

I know I don't post much here, or anywhere on NT for that matter, but I figured someone in this thread would enjoy it

For what it's worth, saw Mike Brown playing basketball late night at my local 24 hour fitness yesterday.

I was shooting around with my brother and Coach came in with another dude and played one on one. Got a chance to talk to him afterwards..

Really chill guy, funny too, made me feel bad for all the times I've cursed his name but when I asked him right before I left if this year was the year the Lakers win it all and he hit me with the

..and I was never more worried for the Lakers.

I know I don't post much here, or anywhere on NT for that matter, but I figured someone in this thread would enjoy it

For what it's worth, saw Mike Brown playing basketball late night at my local 24 hour fitness yesterday.

I was shooting around with my brother and Coach came in with another dude and played one on one. Got a chance to talk to him afterwards..

Really chill guy, funny too, made me feel bad for all the times I've cursed his name but when I asked him right before I left if this year was the year the Lakers win it all and he hit me with the

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

tooo funnny

which 24?

[if IE]><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="640" height="390" /><![endif]

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I'm dead here :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I was also at that game.It was my one my homie's first Laker game live at any arena.
Here it is in HD quality:

Funny things I remember was Vic The Brick storming out and running out onto the court in his Laker Pancho and celebrating with Kobe.
I miss VTB now that the Lakers radio is on ESPN and not Fox Sports Radio.

Wow..man I still get chills when I watch that video. We went to that game on a whim. I looked at ebay that morning for tickets and got 3 seats for 80 in the upper corner. It's crazy how cheap seats were then. 05-09 Lakers games were easy to get into. I was just showing my daughter a pic of us from that game...

That was before tip off....she doesn't remember that she saw one of the great moments in the history of the franchise..

Now she remembers all of them! :smokin She goes with me to at least 2 games a year. She been a fan since day one!!! :smokin

Happy 34th birthday to #24 Kobe Bryant

NBATV's running some of Kobe's best all day long. Here's the schedule:
9/pt: 1998 NBA All-Star Game
11am/pt: 2001 Western Conference Semis Game 1
1pm/pt: Kobe scores 81 in 2006
3pm/pt: 2010 NBA Finals Game 7
4pm/pt: Kobe scores 14 of 46 in 4th vs. Thunder

Pacific Time Guys. meaning the all-star game is staring in a half hour. I'm only taping the AS game and the 81 point game again. I'm thinking if I should've taped the 2001 semis too tho. I wish they had done 2001 finals game one. ahhh the memories!

Last edited:
Aside from CP, I honestly don't think some of you guys have a clue as to what was so wrong with the rotation last year. I feel like many of you guys just piggy back off of what somebody else was saying and just stuck with that as an excuse

:rolleyes Can you explain what you mean then? If I'm looking at the way NBA rotations work in the wrong way, let me know.

I just think it's never a good thing to change around the rotation at the rate that Mike Brown did. I think there's value in having a semi-set rotation, and missing that value ends up making a difference. (That's my opinion, not someone else's btw)

Guys develop a feel for each other and also their own game. That's hard to do if it's always changing. Brown kept switching up a lot of things: which PG played the bulk of the minutes with the main unit, which PF got the most minutes, which starting big to sub out first, which starting big to play more with the second unit, when to sub in the majority of the backups.

I agree the bench was awful overall, but it's not an excuse to keep changing the rotation around. If you've got really bad players (Murphy) then it should be an easy decision to nail him to the bench, not given 15 minutes every few games. On paper he could give the second unit that stretch-the-floor element, sure - but he didn't show that he could do that once. By February he shouldn't have seen the floor.

But I think the biggest rotation mistake was penning Steve Blake as the backup 2. That was doomed - it only brought negatives to the table. If you're going to play a player out of position, why not Barnes/Ebanks instead of a guy who is inevitably going to get abused by James Harden? Offensively they might have been out of place, but it's not like Blake's shooting brought enough to the table to justify it.

Last edited:
Was just thinking about this play today

On another notes.. Even though I get why he left.. I wish we tried to persuade Ramon to come back.. More than what was reported..

Sessions-Meeks-Ebanks-Jamison-Hill would have been :D

But no use crying over spilled milk... I do hope we can find a guard who can drive & kick.. Would make our bench deadly

Last edited:
Damn Tupac, time flies. Your daughter looks all grown up in the last pic compared to her as a baby.

I have a 3 week old daughter, and I can't imagine her getting older :\

Back
Top Bottom