NEW PICS of whips on the street!! Vol. Recession? For who?!

Originally Posted by ItsGettinHot

Originally Posted by Cameron Nelson

Originally Posted by dland24

Originally Posted by useref15

All those cars look obnoxious.

Cosign.   When I was looking at the pics on page one, the thought going thru my head was "I cant be the only one who wouldnt want a single one of these cars."

Hey, everything doesn't appeal to everybody......and that's what makes this hobby so great; the diversity.

Fittednoob: How can a car be "ignorant"?
Cause you know that if the owner put a down payment on a house instead of buying/fixing that car, they would be making money instead of wasting it?

So, you're now assuming they dont own a house?!
laugh.gif
So, everybody with a fixed-up car lives at home w/their parents, or is scraping by?!

Since when did we as shoe collectors have the right to tell people what they should spend their money on, like our hobby is any better?! Or question what they have in life because of it?
Did I say they didn't own a house?  Are you like, trying to find hate in our responses?

Apparently you don't seem to understand that it's perfectly acceptable for people to own more than one piece of property.

Property tends to appreciate in value.  These cars, don't.

I find it hard to believe that these people's entire families are living good.  Not cause i'm judging their family values or situation or whatever the hell reason you're gonna try to find, but simply because most people have way more people that they could be taking care of than they can handle.

So maybe i'm wrong, and these owners are all on some super baller stuff with their whole family rockin' mansions, but I doubt it.

And if it's like I say it is, then yes, I would consider this an ignorant, ridiculous waste of money.

(BTW, Jordans also tend to appreciate in value, unlike these whips.  Not to mention they're hundreds of times less expensive.)

I'm not tryin to find hate at all. I honestly dont know why these threads bring up all these negative connotations...

I dont know the people that own these cars, and neither do you....or anyone else on here. So, I can't judge how they live and I certainly dont know where they live. It just seems whenever cars like these get posted, all the negative connotations and stereotypes get thrown around

It may be a waste of money. A lot of things are. But, life isn't always about what's going to make you money or what's going to appreciate. Some people just truly enjoy fixing up their car, whatever it may be...luxury, european, etc.

In regards to shoes/cars, I just dont get how we...shoe collectors, have the right to say what's a waste of money and what isn't. Not a day goes by where someone on here isn't making a statement about how much money they've wasted and "they're glad they're out of that phase".

I knew a guy who owned a Benz, and everybody thought he was ballin...BUT, dude was eatin Ramen Noodles damn near everyday tryin to maintain this "image"...like, he had wealth because of what he had, but could barely keep the lights on.

In regards to Jordans, or shoes in general, appreciating in value....that depends. I've seen WAAAAAYYYYY more amounts drop more than ever. Just a few weeks ago, a DS pair of OG Olympic VII's went for $225 shipped in the B/S/T forum...my size, too....damn shame considering they were $800-$1000 5 years ago.

To make a long story short, I wasn't tryin to "hate" or argue with you......I just dont understand why when these cars get posted, all the negative comments come out of the woodwork, BUT....when people on here post luxury cars, or anything but these, no assumptions are made.

Cosign.   When I was looking at the pics on page one, the thought going thru my head was "I cant be the only one who wouldnt want a single one of these cars."

Hey, everything doesn't appeal to everybody......and that's what makes this hobby so great; the diversity.

Cause you know that if the owner put a down payment on a house instead of buying/fixing that car, they would be making money instead of wasting it?

laugh.gif
So, everybody with a fixed-up car lives at home w/their parents, or is scraping by?!

Since when did we as shoe collectors have the right to tell people what they should spend their money on, like our hobby is any better?! Or question what they have in life because of it?
Did I say they didn't own a house?  Are you like, trying to find hate in our responses?

Apparently you don't seem to understand that it's perfectly acceptable for people to own more than one piece of property.

I find it hard to believe that these people's entire families are living good.  Not cause i'm judging their family values or situation or whatever the hell reason you're gonna try to find, but simply because most people have way more people that they could be taking care of than they can handle.

So maybe i'm wrong, and these owners are all on some super baller stuff with their whole family rockin' mansions, but I doubt it.

And if it's like I say it is, then yes, I would consider this an ignorant, ridiculous waste of money.

(BTW, Jordans also tend to appreciate in value, unlike these whips.  Not to mention they're hundreds of times less expensive.)

I'm not tryin to find hate at all. I honestly dont know why these threads bring up all these negative connotations...

I dont know the people that own these cars, and neither do you....or anyone else on here. So, I can't judge how they live and I certainly dont know where they live. It just seems whenever cars like these get posted, all the negative connotations and stereotypes get thrown around

It may be a waste of money. A lot of things are. But, life isn't always about what's going to make you money or what's going to appreciate. Some people just truly enjoy fixing up their car, whatever it may be...luxury, european, etc.

In regards to shoes/cars, I just dont get how we...shoe collectors, have the right to say what's a waste of money and what isn't. Not a day goes by where someone on here isn't making a statement about how much money they've wasted and "they're glad they're out of that phase".

I knew a guy who owned a Benz, and everybody thought he was ballin...BUT, dude was eatin Ramen Noodles damn near everyday tryin to maintain this "image"...like, he had wealth because of what he had, but could barely keep the lights on.

In regards to Jordans, or shoes in general, appreciating in value....that depends. I've seen WAAAAAYYYYY more amounts drop more than ever. Just a few weeks ago, a DS pair of OG Olympic VII's went for $225 shipped in the B/S/T forum...my size, too....damn shame considering they were $800-$1000 5 years ago.

To make a long story short, I wasn't tryin to "hate" or argue with you......I just dont understand why when these cars get posted, all the negative comments come out of the woodwork, BUT....when people on here post luxury cars, or anything but these, no assumptions are made.

laugh.gif

Well, for what it's worth, everyone I personally know that owns a car like this is a career criminal.  The only other times I see them are in the hood or in rap videos.  I can see why you'd feel like people are judging the car owners, but are you honestly telling me that you don't see why they think that way?

And I feel just the same about anyone pushin' a big luxury whip if there's better ways they could be spending their money.  Myself for example, I would need a couple milli to take care of all the people I feel obligated to.  And until I get that kind of money, there's no way i'm spending tens of thousands of dollars on a hobby.

laugh.gif

Well, for what it's worth, everyone I personally know that owns a car like this is a career criminal.  The only other times I see them are in the hood or in rap videos.  I can see why you'd feel like people are judging the car owners, but are you honestly telling me that you don't see why they think that way?

And I feel just the same about anyone pushin' a big luxury whip if there's better ways they could be spending their money.  Myself for example, I would need a couple milli to take care of all the people I feel obligated to.  And until I get that kind of money, there's no way i'm spending tens of thousands of dollars on a hobby.

The Chevelle and was the only thing I really liked. I swear, sidewalls are non-existent on some of those whips.
roll.gif

Originally Posted by 2LipsLegit

Ferraris and Lambos are NOT daily drivers, dont care what anybody says.

lol

Why not?

The Chevelle and was the only thing I really liked. I swear, sidewalls are non-existent on some of those whips.
roll.gif

Originally Posted by 2LipsLegit

Ferraris and Lambos are NOT daily drivers, dont care what anybody says.

lol

Why not?

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
I understand where you're comin from. It sucks, though, cause I'm in the process of building one of "these" types of cars, and it's a shame that'll I'll be subject to this type of scrutiny, when it's the furthest from the truth. I've NEVER been to prison....hell, I've never even been to juvenile! I dont know what handcuffs feel like, BUT when I finish my car, people will think that I've spent a majority of my life in prison or that I live "in the hood".

In regards to "better ways they could be spending their money", if it's their money, I have no right to tell them what to do with it. People always say "paying $10K for rims is a waste of money", BUT...those are the same people who love the "Hellaflush" movement, and have NO PROBLEM buyin a new set of tires every month...the same people who'll dump $15K into a Civic motor, and still have no damn torque...or that'll buy a $85K BMW 745LI new, so it'll only be worth $25K in 4 years.

As far as "people I feel obligated to", I'm obligated to my wife and my kids. THAT'S IT. I'm all for saving and investing, but I also live and breathe this car stuff, and just like shoes, I'll always be involved in one way or another.

Who do you feel like you're obligated to? With a couple mill, that list must be pretty long!

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
I understand where you're comin from. It sucks, though, cause I'm in the process of building one of "these" types of cars, and it's a shame that'll I'll be subject to this type of scrutiny, when it's the furthest from the truth. I've NEVER been to prison....hell, I've never even been to juvenile! I dont know what handcuffs feel like, BUT when I finish my car, people will think that I've spent a majority of my life in prison or that I live "in the hood".

In regards to "better ways they could be spending their money", if it's their money, I have no right to tell them what to do with it. People always say "paying $10K for rims is a waste of money", BUT...those are the same people who love the "Hellaflush" movement, and have NO PROBLEM buyin a new set of tires every month...the same people who'll dump $15K into a Civic motor, and still have no damn torque...or that'll buy a $85K BMW 745LI new, so it'll only be worth $25K in 4 years.

As far as "people I feel obligated to", I'm obligated to my wife and my kids. THAT'S IT. I'm all for saving and investing, but I also live and breathe this car stuff, and just like shoes, I'll always be involved in one way or another.

Who do you feel like you're obligated to? With a couple mill, that list must be pretty long!

these cars are wack...... huge *+% rims... smh... please dont ruin the Q7 and the FX35 ... smh.... but diff strokes for diff folks... thats a south thang......

these cars are wack...... huge *+% rims... smh... please dont ruin the Q7 and the FX35 ... smh.... but diff strokes for diff folks... thats a south thang......

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Anyone that had a hand in raising me.  If they ever have to think about money, then I shouldn't be spending it like this.

My homies.  Not to say that it's my job to be supporting them, but I share everything with my brothers.  Including money and hardships.

I guess I just feel like if you have enough money to invest, and you're not yet in a position to handle all the problems of the ones you love, then your toys shouldn't be this big.  Just me tho.

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Anyone that had a hand in raising me.  If they ever have to think about money, then I shouldn't be spending it like this.

My homies.  Not to say that it's my job to be supporting them, but I share everything with my brothers.  Including money and hardships.

I guess I just feel like if you have enough money to invest, and you're not yet in a position to handle all the problems of the ones you love, then your toys shouldn't be this big.  Just me tho.

Cam,

Although I dislike the majority of the cars you posted, I completely admire and respect the effort, time, money and creativity put worth it making the car what it is. As a car guy, there isn't nothing better then someone taking a car, any car, and turning them into something.

What website/forum do you get your pics from? I usually stick to mustang forums but love venturing into other forums (honda-tech, bimmerforum, vipcar, etc) to browse around, get ideas, and appreciate the car culture from a different vantage point then I'm use to. Could you direct me to forums where I can see these type of cars you posted?

Cam,

Although I dislike the majority of the cars you posted, I completely admire and respect the effort, time, money and creativity put worth it making the car what it is. As a car guy, there isn't nothing better then someone taking a car, any car, and turning them into something.

What website/forum do you get your pics from? I usually stick to mustang forums but love venturing into other forums (honda-tech, bimmerforum, vipcar, etc) to browse around, get ideas, and appreciate the car culture from a different vantage point then I'm use to. Could you direct me to forums where I can see these type of cars you posted?

I just dont understand why when these cars get posted, all the negative comments come out of the woodwork, BUT....when people on here post luxury cars, or anything but these, no assumptions are made.
wait, seriously?

I just dont understand why when these cars get posted, all the negative comments come out of the woodwork, BUT....when people on here post luxury cars, or anything but these, no assumptions are made.
wait, seriously?

Some of those cars are clean
even thought its not my cup of tea

some of you cats are looking to deep into this for nothing

saying $#!@ like they still in the hood and all this BS

where does all this remarks come from

you dont know any of these cats personally

some of this cats do this for a living(meaning they own detail shops)

I never understood how somebody determines another persons living conditions

off of a picture of something materialistic

TRYING TO GOT DAMN HARD 

for no reason at all 

Some of those cars are clean
even thought its not my cup of tea

some of you cats are looking to deep into this for nothing

saying $#!@ like they still in the hood and all this BS

where does all this remarks come from

you dont know any of these cats personally

some of this cats do this for a living(meaning they own detail shops)

I never understood how somebody determines another persons living conditions

off of a picture of something materialistic

TRYING TO GOT DAMN HARD 

for no reason at all 

thats a little too much and definately on some ghetto %%*!....id much rather invest all that money into a car that i dont have to pimp in order for it to break necks imo.....just my 2 cents.
when i drove to miami i noticed this was the thing down south.....dont see too much of this in NY...might be a regional thing.
grin.gif

thats a little too much and definately on some ghetto %%*!....id much rather invest all that money into a car that i dont have to pimp in order for it to break necks imo.....just my 2 cents.
when i drove to miami i noticed this was the thing down south.....dont see too much of this in NY...might be a regional thing.
grin.gif

I feel the same way about both, I just assume the luxury car has a warranty and right or wrong these cars look ghetto 
laugh.gif
 and the owners are going to get judged.
for Xmas I was in a home with a 32 leather seat in home theater, bar, arcade , they didn't have anything crazy in the garage/driveway.

Back
Top Bottom