+ New Jay-Z "D.O.A." drops tonight... +

The song went real lite on the whole subject...y'all just od'n.

He had like 2 lines speaking on the trends. There is more shout outs in here than insults.

He shout out Ye, Jeezy, Khaled, Flex, Mister Cee and Weezy.

Ya boys jeans to tight, ya colors too tight, ya voice too light.

You rappers singing too much, get back to rap you T-Paining too much.

Thats literally all that he said that you could perceived as hate. Real lite, just touching on something that everyone has been saying/rapping about for yearsnow.

"That what all this bout?"

On some G s_...y'all doing most of the hating.

Originally Posted by jefffort5

this is like tryna have a conversation with Christians about dinosaurs
laugh.gif
What?

Originally Posted by HueyP in LouieV

Then everything in Hip-Hop is hating.

Hating on wack MCs.

Hating on the police.

Hating on fake thugs.

Hating on your enemies.

Hating on cats frontin in the clubs.

How is this different from any other Hip-Hop song?

I can hit random on my Winamp library and any songs that pops up will have "hate" towards something on it.
naw..like i said in another thread..there is nothing wrong with autotune..its like screwed up hooks or sampled beats..when its done right..itsgood..when its not..its not...wack mcs, police brutality, fronting in the clubs, enemies......nothing positive comes out of that....

He got a 34 page thread in 48 hours.

Shut down Twitter and made haters blood pressure rise to all time highs...

I think hes still relevant.
roll.gif
can people in this thread stop saying he shut down twitter. it was scheduled maintenance that had been posted on twitter all day

Originally Posted by cartune

laugh.gif
What?
no matter what u say or what facts u bring to the table...Christians will shut u down if u talk about fossils or dinosaurs or just try to get outof the convo all together...same thing that goes on with stans..not just of jay z...but everything...my two fav artists are lupe and fab.....when they makeweak or sub par records..im not going to sugar coat it...fabs last album was not all that good...and im a big fab fan..but if i was a stan i would make anexcuse for it or try to sugar coat it...

Originally Posted by chitown4eva

N's mad
roll.gif

Word.

Budden got less relies for his entire album than this one song got.

Hate is the ultimate marketing tool.

*tosses out enlightment books and replaces with hov discography

roll.gif

Jay has dropped a lot of sub-par stuff since AG and I spoke on that but the hate for this track is just that...hate IMO.

People talking about his age, his relevance, his clothing, the co-producer....everything else besides the song.
i wasnt gon really post again..but isnt that what jay is doin in the track..hating!? or am i lost...talk about hating his clothing...didnt he talk about other ppls clothing?

Originally Posted by AirUpHere23

Originally Posted by BlackBenz

kanye didnt produce the song

what are you talkin about!?
indifferent.gif
The song was solely produced by No I.D. but Kanye had assisted in the production of this beat. Google the songs producers...

Kanye didn't assist anything.

*dissing ya boy on the low is still a B move*

The song is average (at best).... Thats all there is to be said about it...
The point is, n's that feel that way are saying WAAAAAY more than that. #*$% is funny as hell.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by cartune

laugh.gif
What?
no matter what u say or what facts u bring to the table...Christians will shut u down if u talk about fossils or dinosaurs or just try to get out of the convo all together...same thing that goes on with stans..not just of jay z...but everything...my two fav artists are lupe and fab.....when they make weak or sub par records..im not going to sugar coat it...fabs last album was not all that good...and im a big fab fan..but if i was a stan i would make an excuse for it or try to sugar coat it...
O
laugh.gif
but I still dont get why this debate is still goin onwhether u like him or hate him no other artist brings this kinda emotion out of grown men

^ u kno what..i dont kno why either..imma do what my homie jewels does...and just browse nt and only post in my own post

Originally Posted by Mebo03

He got a 34 page thread in 48 hours.

Shut down Twitter and made haters blood pressure rise to all time highs...

I think hes still relevant.
roll.gif
can people in this thread stop saying he shut down twitter. it was scheduled maintenance that had been posted on twitter all day
You know some of these stand make stupid comments, just cuz. That's why I didn't say nothing when it was first mentioned. The notice wasright there for all to see
laugh.gif

jay-in-cc.jpg

jay-z-beyonce-courtside.jpg
jay_z_7_7_08.jpg

notorious-jay-z.jpg

I don't think Jay has any room to speak about people following questionable trends... Looks like he didn't mind "bright" colors & smediumshirts...
smh.gif
smh.gif

Damn Nay.... your screenname should really be Sodium Chloride... you stay with the Lawry's attitude about anything other than BIG.

I mean you say Jay ain't relevant so exactly why are u checking for his music, u be in every Jay music thread going on an on about he's not relevant,like the other cat that use to call him Ole Man Jigga
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

^Use to? I still do man. I check his threads to see if the music is good/great. Only reason I check for Ol Man Jigga is to see if there's any truth to himsaying that he can still make good music. More times than not it's been 60/40 against him. When it gets down to the song dude sounds like a clown.

Somebody post the pic of Ol Man Jigga rockin that LL one pant leg rolled up style even I never thought I'd see that
laugh.gif

Only reason I check for Ol Man Jigga is to see if there's any truth to him saying that he can still make good music. More times than not it's been 80/20 against him. When it gets down to the song dude sounds like a clown.

Fixed

I don't think Jay has any room to speak about people following questionable trends... Looks like he didn't mind "bright" colors & smedium shirts...
smh.gif
smh.gif

I agree....fashion/trend wise this song seems almost hypocritical....cause I noticed Jay was on the hipsterish kick to. I mean he rocking clearlens Wayfarers in the pic above
eyes.gif

Plus being from Brooklyn it seemed like he was rocking with it, shoulda just talked about autotune on the track, because what does autotune have to do anythingwith current fashion besides the fact it's a trend?

That being said I still like the song
grin.gif

laugh.gif
@ Jay.... Dude can Hi Five all these cats that use autotune and dress like them same dudes but turn around and diss everything these other artist areabout
indifferent.gif

Kanye co-produced the song ... do yall dudes even know what co-produced means ?

Dudes are still giving their angry opinions like Hov can hear them or something .
laugh.gif

He used to give a +%%% ... now he gives a +%%% less . What does he think of success ? It sucks ; too much stress . I guess he blew up quick because friends hegrew up with ... see him as a premie but he not & his nuts big . He doesn't know what the fuss is . His career is ILLUSTRIOUS . His rep is impeccable .He's not to be f'ed with .

With ...

Originally Posted by tmukg21

Originally Posted by Chi ILL

Since when has Wayne only had one autotune song in his catalog ? REALLY ?

Nearly half of his catalog is autotune ...

list them for me NT, cuz yall stretching the truth
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

HALF??? as in 50%
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

reminds me of folks givin %'s jay "bitin" lyrics.
laugh.gif

Which is still MAYBE 5% of Jay-Z's lyrics as a whole .

Back you shall fall .

where have I heard that horn sample? it's driving me crazy how i can figure it out.

i'm sure it is mentioned in this thread, but I don't want to go through 36 pages

Back
Top Bottom