New Firefox 4

How do I make 4 look like 3.6?, I kinda wanna downgrade, bc I think 4 is slowwwwwer. I don't like how the home button is at the end, and I don't like that the back/forward buttons, are so opaque.

How do I make 4 look like 3.6?, I kinda wanna downgrade, bc I think 4 is slowwwwwer. I don't like how the home button is at the end, and I don't like that the back/forward buttons, are so opaque.

Originally Posted by Big J 33

It still eats up memory on my computer... starts out fine but slowly creeps up.

Plus I've just found Chromium (not Chrome), works better on Ubuntu than Firefox so that's what I've been sticking with.

yes, yes it does.
I use it on my old PC that only has like a gig of ram. Works great, Lubuntu

Originally Posted by Big J 33

It still eats up memory on my computer... starts out fine but slowly creeps up.

Plus I've just found Chromium (not Chrome), works better on Ubuntu than Firefox so that's what I've been sticking with.

yes, yes it does.
I use it on my old PC that only has like a gig of ram. Works great, Lubuntu

Originally Posted by Spidermachine916

the only problem i'm having with it (JUST installed it) is when i exit my browser and have multiple tabs open it doesn't ask me to save them anymore... is there a way to save them?

It doesn't offer that option anymore - because they built it in.

It depends how you have your screen set up but if you go to history>restore previous session you can do it every time you start a new session - you don't need to save them - it does it automatically.

I think there's a way you can have a button on your toolbar too but I don't have that.

I love the new version - it's just streamlined compared to the old one. It's especially good on my netbook as you can use more of the screen than the old one - but keep all the functionality instead of hiding things.

the only problem i'm having with it (JUST installed it) is when i exit my browser and have multiple tabs open it doesn't ask me to save them anymore... is there a way to save them?

It depends how you have your screen set up but if you go to history>restore previous session you can do it every time you start a new session - you don't need to save them - it does it automatically.

I think there's a way you can have a button on your toolbar too but I don't have that.

I love the new version - it's just streamlined compared to the old one. It's especially good on my netbook as you can use more of the screen than the old one - but keep all the functionality instead of hiding things.

Originally Posted by Jokey III

Firefox>opera>chromium>internet explorer>netscape>chrome>safari
laugh.gif

Been rockin it for about a month now. I love how the toolbar at the top is slimmer, and there is no bar on the bottom. And it's waaay faster
pimp.gif

Been rockin it for about a month now. I love how the toolbar at the top is slimmer, and there is no bar on the bottom. And it's waaay faster
pimp.gif

I think I'm gonna stick with 3.6 for now. I downloaded 4 when it first came out but flash wasn't working. I know alot of people with Macs had the same problem but I havent heard of any fixes yet.

I think I'm gonna stick with 3.6 for now. I downloaded 4 when it first came out but flash wasn't working. I know alot of people with Macs had the same problem but I havent heard of any fixes yet.

I've had FF4 for a while, beta tester. It has it's pros and cons like any other browser.

I've had FF4 for a while, beta tester. It has it's pros and cons like any other browser.

Originally Posted by kdawg

thank you, good sir!

Originally Posted by kdawg

thank you, good sir!

Back
Top Bottom