**NEW** Common - Stay Schemin' (Drake Diss)

Common was the subliminal one with Sweet. With Stay Schemin we know who Drake's comin at, he doesn't need to say Common's name.
If I was rapper and Common came at me I'd be sad as *!+%, cause I really look up to him.

Anyway, Common'll body Drake.

Can anybody find that diss song Drake did to some Canadian Rapper before he was famous. I saw it like 2 years ago and can't find it now.

lol common came hard on this track..i want YM to try to come back at him....lol this is gonna be comedy!

Originally Posted by sillyputty

Fandom/allegiances aside...

Do ya'll really think Drake can't bring the heat?

I mean dude has diss records under his belt...and he wasn't a fraction as famous as he is now.

Common...well everyone knows the story there.

For the sake of discussion, I really don't think spectators are weighing the two contenders as equally as they should be...

I won't say Common is overrated (because I don't think he is), but I will say that Drake is definitely the underrated underdog here.
what other diss records does he have other than goodnight and goodluck? srs
and even if he does, that was before he was dropping platinum selling R&B albums 

Here are the disses Drake did when he was beefin with some dudes up in Canada before he got famous for those that asked.
One is directed at this duded named Voyce Alexander who changed his name to something else Aion Clark I think...but hes currently working with Bryan Michael Cox last time I saw.
  Drake - exposed voyce diss by negro_napoleon
The other deals with something about some dude called Aristo ...Random I know but it is what it is:

This one is another diss...I don't know who this one was directed at either

I mean to be honest...dude doesn't sound that aggressive but again, I wouldn't count dude out...If aggression means someone won to you?...I really don't know how to handle that. I figured a beef was more about the literal dismantling of someone...not just yelling in a cushioned booth over a beat against someone you dislike
laugh.gif
I just want to hear the music

Drake's best diss was on Good Riddance when he was dissin Aristo but that was ARISTO 
grin.gif
and we're talking about Common here. Aristo was trash to begin with and Common ain't new to the battle arena so IMO the verdict is still out on Drake's battle ability. A lot of yall are saying Drake can bring the heat based off of songs directed at noone but directing that heat towards a specific person is a totally different story.

Originally Posted by RavageBX

Drake is talented lyrically, no one is denying that. But battling is more than lyrics. It's you cadence, your aggression, your style, everything counts. Drake could put out a lyrically dope dis but if he sounds like he did on stay scheming he's lost before the battle even starts. That's what Nas had in spades. Ether was lyrically nothing special but his cadence and aggression won people over. No one ever heard Nas like that before. No one has ever heard Drake like that. And I doubt we ever will. He's not built for battle. You gotta put bass in your voice and venom in your words.
THIS.
He could say everything right in a battle, but if you always sound like you're  on the verge of bursting into tears when you rap, it doesn't matter.

Drake gonna have to release a pic of him banging Serena with his verse to come back at com

I'm glad people are finally naming names now, tired of all the subliminals

Originally Posted by Peep Game

Originally Posted by RavageBX

Drake is talented lyrically, no one is denying that. But battling is more than lyrics. It's you cadence, your aggression, your style, everything counts. Drake could put out a lyrically dope dis but if he sounds like he did on stay scheming he's lost before the battle even starts. That's what Nas had in spades. Ether was lyrically nothing special but his cadence and aggression won people over. No one ever heard Nas like that before. No one has ever heard Drake like that. And I doubt we ever will. He's not built for battle. You gotta put bass in your voice and venom in your words.
THIS.
He could say everything right in a battle, but if you always sound like you're on the verge of bursting into tears when you rap, it doesn't matter.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ninjahood

in da age of instant internet, he's taking his TIME to reply......
Right?
Today Common is technically supposed to be releasing his response to the verse Drake dropped two days ago in response to the Scheming Diss 
roll.gif

Whats funny though is that 10 years ago, we'd have to wait at least 2 weeks AND try and read magazines for tips. 
laugh.gif

30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by RealRubirosa

Have y'all heard Common's disses? They're weak. Super weak. Drake ethered him on Stay Schemin already.
you cant be older than 19

Originally Posted by DT43

Have y'all heard Common's disses? They're weak. Super weak. Drake ethered him on Stay Schemin already.
you cant be older than 19
indifferent.gif
 Hip-hop elitists think liking Common makes them a "better" rap fan. Look at the verses objectively. Common's was distinctly weaker.

FTR I'm 25 and in law school and don't have YMCMB OVOXO in my Twitter bio.

the @#*$% in yoo > any diss drake can ever make

Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

the @#*$% in yoo > any diss drake can ever make
That's great and all but Common didn't really say anything too
eek.gif
worthy on Stay Schemin.  He really just sounds butt-hurt because his ex-fiance left him to mess with other rappers.

Maybe the black and white line but it was pretty weak for the most part.

Drake just gotta get that money. beefin with a legend like common could be fatal to his career. The thing is, is that Drake could spit "ether" bars at common but at this point in his career his brand is synonymous with the lighter side of hip hop and by default interpretation people are not going to respect anything he has to say. I honestly think he could go bar for bar with common but at the end of the day its not as simple as that and there is a lot on the line for him, more so then there is for common. Either way it will be interesting to see what transpires

Back
Top Bottom