Nets 10-11 Pre-season- Haifa Oct 3 at THE ROCK/VC3FAN Life rant. lol

I like what I saw from CDR in the preseason.

T-Will had a great game tonight. To me, it looked like he was trying to do too much the last few games, but he looked real comfortable tonight.

And Lee has a nice jumpshot.

I think we'll take our first game in Minnesota on Wednesday.

Between October and November, we have 6 home games.

Between October and November, we have 6 home games.
sick.gif

Glad to get a win tonight... Really didn't want to fal winless in the preseason.

Been with my girl most of the weekend but Friday night before we went to bed I saw the fourth quarter show twill put on

I have high hopes for him and cdr this season

Wednesday afternoon I will have a full preview of the season done

I figured once we get a set starting 5 announced I will have a better understanding of how this team will be

Originally Posted by VC3FAN

Been with my girl most of the weekend but Friday night before we went to bed I saw the fourth quarter show twill put on

I have high hopes for him and cdr this season

Wednesday afternoon I will have a full preview of the season done

I figured once we get a set starting 5 announced I will have a better understanding of how this team will be

i thought it was official now?

Devin

Lee

CDR

Yi

Brook

I wanna go to a couple of Nets games this year. I live 5 minutes away, and I've never gone.

How much do tix go for? And when does Harris come back?

Devin will most likely be back opening night.

Tickets can go for as cheap as $10 at the arena... buy those & move down. That's probably your best bet.

Originally Posted by AIRJORDAN JB23

Devin will most likely be back opening night.

Tickets can go for as cheap as $10 at the arena... buy those & move down. That's probably your best bet.
It's THAT easy just to move down?

Depends where you want to move down. If you plan on moving around the upper section, nobody will bother you. If you want to move to the lower section, usherswill give your trouble getting down, but if you get down, ushers won't come up to you to check your ticket. Its a pain getting down there though...

Tickets for the lower level start at $70 if you buy from the box office.

Jordan201,

Find me if u have too, I can try to get u down and u can try to move around.

I have a downstairs season ticket so if u want to get down and take your chances of moving around, just PM me.

Roc boy Jada:

It is not set yet.

Frank can really throw a curveball when it is all said and done.

I think CDR won the spot but Twill has played well as well. Hayes also is still in the mix

I do believe though CDR has that spot locked down for now.

^Depends on the ushers you find.

Usually after the 2nd quarter if you talk to one and ask, they might let you.

Just dont go right away because they will turn you away.

Okay, I have time at work so here we go for my views on the season. Anyone can add to it or knock me for what I have said. It is all good here. Sorry for thelength.

Starting Five -

Brook Lopez
YI
Chris Douglas - Roberts
Courtney Lee
Devin Harris

It is a young, quick, scoring starting five. Defense will be hard to come by with this group on the floor.

Devin Harris - says he has gotten himself back up to his defensive form when he was in Dallas. Lets see if it rubs off on this group.

Devin also will not play in all 82 games this year. his style of play prevents him from not getting hurt. Just how his play has always been. He will be at anall-star level again but at what cost to the team?

Brook will be very important this year. He will learn how to defend the double team this year in time. yes he seemed to be frustrated by it but who wants twoguys all over you? no one wants that ever. Brook will get use to it like other big men do and will play through it. I look for close to 20 ppg from him thisseason and close to double digit rebounds.

I may be wrong but can courtney lee be a poor man's Kerry Kittles??? Defends, shoots three's.

He just seems to be that 15 points automatic everynight

I like him, I just fit him in with all the other Wings we have.

CDR - He will be fun to watch but will get on alot of people's nerves sometimes.

He has an all around game but his will to win is like Devin's. He will try to take over games but will force shots at times. He also will forget that thereare 4 other guys with him on the court.

YI- he will be the reason this team makes the playoffs or not. (I am not kidding)

If he can be the PF that this team needs and not be what we saw last year, this team could surprise people, if not, we will be out manned at that spot andBrook will have to carry the load. He has looked good this pre-season versus the knicks and sixers. I just hope he can produce.

The bench - Stronger, more depth, confusing.

Twill is the one that will be playing sporadically until about the first of the year.

He is what we heard he was and has been very impressive. But what will he play? SG, PG, SF??????

The bench rotation should look like

Battie
Boone
Hayes
Dooling (once healthy)
Skip

Najera
Twill

Reserves

SWAT
Hassell
Simmons (Interchangeable with Eddie Najera once his back flares up)

I like the Depth of the team especially the veteran bench. Twill will play until Keyon is Healthy.

Predicitons -

surprise - 41 WINS - Playoffs

best - same as last season

worst - under 29 wins

LFrank is coaching for his job. If he fails and the Russian gets ownership. His buddy in italy will be coaching the Nyets.

I know 2010 is more important than this year but if 2010 is realistic, winning has to start now.

The schedule is rough to open the year but as long as this team plays hard, they should stay close in these games.

I have my hopes but I do realize that Playoffs is a surprise move. I think we can win 30-34 games. Have two draft picks next year and get ready for thesweepstakes to begin.

But until then, lets focus on this year. Basketball is back!!!! can't wait for wednesday and I will be there for opening night at the Izod Friday. Alwaysone of my favorite nights of the year.

Lets go Nets!!!!!

The preseason really got me excited to see what this team can do. Right now, I think we'll get something around 25-30 wins. I agree with most of what yousaid, especially about CDR.

He's able to create his shot off the dribble, but like you said, at times, he forgets about the other players on the floor. There's no possible waythat that can work with Devin on the floor.

The person who I'm most interested in watching this year is Yi. Hopefully, he shows signs of progression early on in the season.

I think T-Will would do a good job playing the 2 spot.

I see Devin averaging about 25 ppg.

How I would like the lineup:

Harris
Lee
CD-R
Yi
Lopez

*Dooling/Skip
TWill/*Dooling
Hayes/Simmons/Hassell
Boone/Najera
Battie/SWat

*Interchangable with the 1 & 2 spot.
I think having TWill, Dooling, & Alston will cause randon minutes/positions for all three. That, in my opinion, is agreat thing. All will be solid thisyear I think. It's important to play Williams though, I've said it a lot, but developing these young guys is the most important thing thisyear.

I see our record being around the same as last years.

Some key Player predictions/hopes-

Devin- He'll end up being an all star again & will put up great numbers. I hope to see the defense & passing there this year.

CD-R- He'll be a great scorer this year & all that hard work he put in in the summer will show. I don't see the defense & passing being theremuch this year, but its his 2nd year, take it 1 step at a time.

Yi- Hoping for 12 & 8. I've heard great things about his play over the summer, I want to see it this year. I still have faith in him to be a solidplayer for this team, but the window of oppurtunity is closing.

Brook- Looking for 17 & 10. He has a bright future ahead of him. His play last year was great & I only see him improving.

CLee- The flashes last year shown in Orlando will be showcased this season. He'll be a great scorer for this team & will thrive off the freedom.Similar to how Devin shined in Jersey his 1st year. Different styles of game, but similar situations.

TWill- Great passer, slasher, finisher. I see him coming off the bench & showcasing each of these. Like Iguodala said: It doesn't matter where heplays, as long as he plays. His work with the glove will be shown. Needs some work on the jumper though. Would love to see him in the dunk contest this year.

So I just completed a fantasy draft and I have:

Amare
Kidd
Vince
J Rich
Horford
Westbrook
Kevin Love
RJ
Demar
Nenad
Tyreke
Ryan Anderson
Anthony Morrow

Can anyone spot the common link??
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

There are a couple factors from that statement made in the casual thread that play here SHUGES.

1. 2. 3. AND 4.

My Girl is the type that would go bananas on me. Even if it was just for fun

5. Boss was with me with three kids under 12. Not losing my job for something innocent. (Yes he is that bad) Especially at the open practice. I think I did geta shot of her. I will post it at home. on my phone. She has improved in the face over the weeks but at that practice, straight chest and booty stare only.

My girl is actually coming with me Friday so the cheerleader comments will be in check at the game with the group I sit with.
smile.gif

Will be back later for the game post unless JB23 beats me to it. (He has fancy pictures and the odds to win and stuff when he does it
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
)

Okay the start of the season is here. The Wolves always give the Nets problems in Minny so it should be a good game

1z6wqkj.jpg

20ifdol.jpg

jq6xjb.jpg

scdks6.jpg

znwyec.jpg

VS

24oonzb.jpg

2427x36.jpg

25ic460.jpg

4se0xd.jpg

2z53zg5.jpg

lets go nets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Besides Brook and Twill, this game has been awful so far.

These two teams have played some of the worst basketball to start the year I have ever seen.

Yep, Brook and T-Will are off to great starts.

Damn, Jarvis fell awkwardly there. Hope he's alright.

^Knee/Leg did not look like it bent right going forward.

he has had leg problems his whole career.

very happy to have this depth.

11 mil and you would of never entered this game if Hayes did not get hurt.

Am I in reason to hate this guy?????

Back
Top Bottom