Nets 10-11 Pre-season- Haifa Oct 3 at THE ROCK/VC3FAN Life rant. lol

Hayes will be back tonight or saturday. Waiting on the trainers blessing.

Brook hopefully can get back into the swing of things tonight. He usually plays well against Lee.

Maybe YI being more of a presence in the post and getting the ball more has something to do with brooks game.

I still think they are capable of playing together.

Boone may be back tonight as well and CDR wants to play tonight but will probably play saturday against the cavs.

Easy part of the schedule is over now (Yes, the Nets brass deemed up to tonights game the easiest part of the schedule for this season........)

GO NETS!!!!

Sean -
laugh.gif
roll.gif
eyes.gif
frown.gif
mad.gif
indifferent.gif

I would say to sit down when you read this but I'm guessing you are seated.

Ready?

You sure you're ready?

OK. Here goes

You like the dramatic pauses?

Chris Douglas-Roberts is playing tonight, starting tonight. That means unless something happens between now and 7:30, the Nets will have their opening nightstarting lineup for the first time since their home opener on Oct. 30.

That means you should see Devin Harris, Courtney Lee, Brook Lopez, Yi Jianlian and Douglas-Roberts all on the floor together. Sounds like the start of awinning streak.

"Take it one game at a time," Harris said. "One game at a time."

"One of the things that's been very difficult for all of us is not knowing who's going to play every single night," Kiki Vandeweghe said."If you got teams that are successful, doing well, maximizing their talent, whatever you want to call it, the guys are on the court, understand therotations and you can get a sense of what's going on."

Vandeweghe stops here because Sean Williams is skipping across the court and the coach/GM loses his train of thought.

Here's another piece of news that may knock you off of your chair.

Ready?

Unless something happens between now and 7:30, the Nets will have 13 players available tonight. The five starters, Keyon Dooling, Rafer Alston, Josh Boonewill be back, Tony Battie, Terrence Williams, Trenton Hassell, Bobby Simmons and Sean Williams.

That means, yes, Vandeweghe actually has to decide who to de-activate instead of the injuries dictating it. Our guess is it will be that same happy fellowwho was skipping across the court earlier, Sean.

Final game of 2009, final game of the decade.

In short it's been a pretty good decade for the Nets, their most exciting and successful in the NBA: the Jason Kidd years, the two NBA Finals, fourAtlantic Division titles, six straight playoff berths.

But it's been a very bad year, obviously with 60 losses to just 21 wins since the calendar turned, and 19 of them were from January to April.

Try to remember the decade more.

A few questionable shots, but overall the shot selection has been good.

We need to defend the perimeter better.

Yuku.
indifferent.gif

That was some great shooting in the first half. We need to continue to drive in the second half, as well.

Congrats guys.

You Net fans that have stuck with the team, I'm happy for you.

Brighter days are most certainly ahead.

Ah, a win.
pimp.gif

We were shooting over 60% up until the 4th; ended the game at 51%.

Even though some weren't connecting into assists, T-Will was making some good passes.

Great game all around.

Simply amazing.
pimp.gif
Its surprising what we can do with a full compliment of players.

Brook and Yi can a good front court for awhile.

I surprised we shot that well for the ENTIRE game. Certainly didnt see that coming.

Originally Posted by Roc Boy Jada

Great game all around.
True.

But now the question is: was it b/c it's the Knicks? Or was it b/c they FINALLY had a healthy rotation out there?

Brook Lopez and Yi
pimp.gif

If only Yi can stay constant this year with his numbers, he'd be an all-star in no time...word to China.

Originally Posted by NomadicSole21

Brook Lopez and Yi
pimp.gif

If only Yi can stay constant this year with his numbers, he'd be an all-star in no time...word to China.
eyes.gif
. word to good numbers. he doesn't need good numbers tobe an all-star cause of china. but if is consistent, he deserves it because of his numbers, not because of china.

Originally Posted by SHUGES

Originally Posted by Roc Boy Jada

Great game all around.
True.

But now the question is: was it b/c it's the Knicks? Or was it b/c they FINALLY had a healthy rotation out there?
I definitely wouldn't say it was because we played the Knicks, they've been playing well, lately. This is the first time they'veallowed a team to score over 100 in about 3 weeks. And David Lee has been playing like an all-star, as well.

So I'll lean towards this being a result of having a healthy rotation. But we'll see.
nerd.gif

Yi has played great since he has came back from his injury. I was really high on this guy coming out of the draft. It seems his mentality is much moreaggressive now. Thats the way Yi should be playing.

Yeah, Yi is a lot more agressive than in the past, which is something we def. need. Playing well at all phases of the game.

Next up, Cavs.

Here's to a brighter 2010!
pimp.gif

Wow, so thats what it looks like when you score more points then the other a team.......

laugh.gif

Home Late from the game so i figured I would post now. Knicks were off all game. We listened to 1050 on the way home and Gus Johnson was wrong. they came toplay, they just could not hit anything and got very frustrated which then translated into calls they did not like.

Brook and YI dominated the inside. Two 7ft shot blockers against.........?????

D. Lee was frustrated the whole night. There were stretches in the game that I thought our back court was going to do nothing. then Devin turned it on and C.Lee hit some shots.

Nice to see a win from this team. The crowd chanted we want Nate and Nate got up from the bench and said something to D antoni. He was told to sit backdown.
roll.gif

anyone else goin to the game saturday?
nerd.gif

btw are you aloud to bring a camera into the izod center? its gona be my first time there
embarassed.gif

^ You shouldn't have a problem bringing in a camera.

Good to see a win from the Nets. We played real well & it was good to see all the starters out there.

I don't think it was because we played the Knicks, I think our starters really could have a good chemistry together. We're really going to be testedSaturday, but I don't think it's going to be a fair game to see what we have, considering it's the Cavs. Give it some more games & if we pickup more wins, this starting lineup can be a bright spot for the rest of the year.

Yi & Brook got referenced to as the "Twin Towers" today...
nerd.gif

LeBron & the Cavs soon... About to test out this starting unit against one of the bets in the league. Go Nets!

On my way to the arena now

Lebron and co at the izod center

he has averaged 34.5 the last 5 games there

Go nets!!!!

Back
Top Bottom