Nets 10-11 Pre-season- Haifa Oct 3 at THE ROCK/VC3FAN Life rant. lol

[h1]Nets forward Chris Douglas-Roberts has swine flu[/h1]

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. (AP)-Chris Douglas-Roberts(notes) has tested positive for swine flu, another blow to a New Jersey Nets team that is losing players as quickly as games.

Douglas-Roberts had started every game for the winless Nets until missing a loss at Philadelphia on Friday with flu-like symptoms. Nets president Rod Thorn confirmed on Saturday that Douglas-Roberts tested positive for the H1N1 virus.

Thorn said the player has been treated and the Nets are following all precautionary measures called for by the NBA.

Nets coach Lawrence Frank said he had spoken Saturday to Douglas-Roberts, saying, "He doesn't sound very good." Frank said he believed Douglas-Roberts was no longer contagious, but doesn't know when he will return.

"All the measures are taken, now it's a matter of when he feels better," Frank said.

The diagnosis is the latest blow to a team that has been hit by a wave of injuries. Guard Courtney Lee(notes) also was sidelined Saturday with a strained left groin, leaving New Jersey with only eight players in uniform, the minimum allowed, for its game against Boston.

The Nets are the only team in the league without a victory and at 0-6 are off to the worst start in franchise history.

Douglas-Roberts has been averaging 15.6 points and 4.8 rebounds in five games.

http://sports.yahoo.com/n...mp;prov=ap&type=lgns

A little late, but the team played well against Boston. Slowly improving, I'll take it. Philly on tuesday, with (hopefully) a player or 2 back & thisimprovement we could get a win. Lets do it.

[h2]T-Will May Start forSimmons[/h2]November 11, 2009, 1:53 pm
Bobby Simmons' flight back from Chicago (where he was dealing with personal business) was delayed, so Terrence Williams may get his first career start Wednesday night against the Sixers. Either way, the Nets will have eight guys in uniform again. It's still unknown if Courtney Lee or Chris Douglas-Roberts will be able to return for the back-to-back in Orlando and Miami starting Friday night.

Was going to post that earlier roc

busy at work

on my way to the game now

twill starting should be fun

Lawrence is doing all the right things when it comes to the lineup. Why start simmons and najera when u can give Boone twill Sean a chance to play

cdr is still sick and lee still has discomfort

I think we used chairs at practice this week

hopefully one of the chairs can shoot the three

lol

go nets!!!!

Welp 0-8 now. Lopez was hacked by Dalembert last few plays
smh.gif
The game ended the same way last game vs Phila did. We didn't get a shot off.

Wow. I just saw the final play. What kind of buffoonery is going on in the tri-state air these days??
smh.gif

I just left

they played great

And have nothing to show for it

I can't be mad except for the inbounds play

I just don't know how to feel

brook got raped and the they call ticky tack fouls on us

just frustrating

Honestly I like the way they're playing. We've been in tough games so far and only playing 7 players. So I'm not down at all. Next two games willbe tough though

Nets are going to be what the Thunder was last year. They'll need time to grow but I'm sure it will pay dividends in the future.

Can't ask for much when you only have eight players available and you don't even play one of them.

I just am happy to see brook play like he is and that the team is competitive on the court

the way they r structured with the 15 guys they have and the play of the last three games is really all I can ask them to do

I want wins but if they lose and lose, I want it like this game tonight and the others we have seen from this group on the floor

they are young and we did not have high hopes to begin with

I Want to see competitive bball

I have Seen it the past three games

Nets /Orlando tonight, than Miami tomorrow... the FL roadtrip.

No Lee for tonight or tomorrow, no devin either. His status is still up in the air.

CD-R will dress tonight but his minutes are uncertain.

8 players again tonight...

VC
pimp.gif

Stayed in it the whole game (minus the end), the better team just put us away last night.

Great game by Skip & Hassell. Good to see CD-R back as well.

We got Miami tonight.... Our guys have been logging A LOT of minutes.

team played tough again

Skip with a Kidd like performance last night.

miami will be tough.

Wade is just that good of a player.

CDR was weak still from the H1N1

Just got to continue to play through it.

GO NETS!!!!

Well VC saying Brook is a 7'2 Power Forward is very interesting if you think about it.

And JB23, Why did you put brook with the injured list photo up there.

(Sticks tongue out)

lol

Back
Top Bottom