NES game cover art appreciation thread

Game was FIRE.
Lets not forget these gems

TMNT 2: Arcade Game (this cover was just so epic, easily my favorite TMNT artwork of all time
smokin.gif

Bart vs Space Mutants (gotta love Bartmania from the early 90s)

X-Men (because this was my favorite X-Men era)
Turtles 2 was dope but I don't remember ever beating it.

That simpsons game....I couldn't get past the skateboarding part.

The X-Men game disappointed me.

pimp.gif

this is the best thread i've seen in a long time ... props to OP ... the descriptions were epic ... i would always read the game booklet and till this day i never just pop in a game. i have to read the game booklet first.

nintendo power and gamepro and word of mouth were my sources back in the day

some of the NES game concepts were utterly ridiculous ... but the games were :wow:

Let's lets face it, the only way we were reading a Nintendo power was if you're at the grocery store or blockbuster. Ahhhhh memories

got this chillin on my desk in front of me...definitely appreciated. No NES to play it on though...|I

Can't remember the Christmas I got this game, but beat it that same day. It was never touched again. Matter of fact that is one thing about games today, there are so many ways to beat them and other things you can do. With those NES and Sega Genesis games after you beat it, that was that...

Still remember how hard that Backt to the Future game was :smh:

That damn orange/beige looking skateboard you had to use... nightmares still to this day just thinking about it :lol:

Another thing about a lot of NES games was there was no saving the game and starting back where you left off... it was one run or you're done :smh:

Blowing on the cartridge... then I found out about the rubbing alcohol and q-tip... needless to say I was on cloud 9.

The two Zelda's on the NES are the only two, besides all of the iterations on the GameBoy systems, that I've never beaten on consoles.

Down, Down, Up, Up, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Select, Start :pimp:

that RoboCop game someone posted was my ****.  Just hate the sewer levels where RoboCop OD slip and slides.

Not NES related, but someone mentioned Game Genie, maannn i had some fun with game genie/shark

Parents couldn't afford NES...

#TheStruggle

But I would kill it in Excitebike, Double Dragon, and Contra in everyone else's house.

:wow: at some of the games listed in here ...

kung fu ... till this day ... fastest kicks and punches i've ever seen :lol:

RBI Baseball is the goat ... i had the meanest slider

Blades of steel ... another classic

Nintendo needs to release all of these on the virtual console ... ALL OF THEM ... even the TENGEN ones

1197265654-00.jpg

I remember me and my cousin getting super far in this game, and a thunderstorm knocked the power out, and we never played it again.

Back
Top Bottom