NBC's Community Thread - 6/2 - Ep. 13: "Emotional Consequences of Broadcast Television"

been doing some research and did you guys know Troy aka Donald Glover is also a rapper goes by the name of Childish Gambino...he has some free mixtapes and album on his blog...interesting stuff...he is crazy creative

I'm finally all caught up. It only took me eight months or so. 
laugh.gif

Anyway, Yahoo! had an article about fall shows "on the bubble" today:
"Community" — The Good News:Thanks to healthy DVD sales, the show has gained some new fans and goodword-of-mouth, particularly about last season's paintball episode. It'snestled in a comedy block that does well among the younger 18-to-49demographic that advertisers love so much. The Bad News:Comedians call it taking the bullet when you're the first act of thenight, and that's what "Community" is doing as it tries to warm up theThursday audience. It's currently hovering around 4.8 million viewers,far fewer than the new show "Outsourced," which has benefited fromfollowing "The Office." "Community" is a lot funnier than "Outsourced,"but since when has that ever counted for anything? Thursdays at 8pm ET on NBC. Source: TV Guide NBC/Mitchell Haaseth - Thursday, October, 21, 2010, 1:21 AM
No way.

^
i just read that.  surprised that Outsourced gets better ratings.

i think their ratings problem has a lot to do with being in the same time-slot as the big bang theory.  

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

laugh.gif

"Community" — The Good News:Thanks to healthy DVD sales, the show has gained some new fans and goodword-of-mouth, particularly about last season's paintball episode. It'snestled in a comedy block that does well among the younger 18-to-49demographic that advertisers love so much. The Bad News:Comedians call it taking the bullet when you're the first act of thenight, and that's what "Community" is doing as it tries to warm up theThursday audience. It's currently hovering around 4.8 million viewers,far fewer than the new show "Outsourced," which has benefited fromfollowing "The Office." "Community" is a lot funnier than "Outsourced,"but since when has that ever counted for anything? Thursdays at 8pm ET on NBC. Source: TV Guide NBC/Mitchell Haaseth - Thursday, October, 21, 2010, 1:21 AM
No way.

Yeah, I read that earlier...
It would be a shame if it got canceled...

Originally Posted by Dapper D

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

laugh.gif

"Community" — The Good News: Thanks to healthy DVD sales, the show has gained some new fans and good word-of-mouth, particularly about last season's paintball episode. It's nestled in a comedy block that does well among the younger 18-to-49 demographic that advertisers love so much. The Bad News: Comedians call it taking the bullet when you're the first act of the night, and that's what "Community" is doing as it tries to warm up the Thursday audience. It's currently hovering around 4.8 million viewers, far fewer than the new show "Outsourced," which has benefited from following "The Office." "Community" is a lot funnier than "Outsourced," but since when has that ever counted for anything? Thursdays at 8pm ET on NBC. Source: TV Guide NBC/Mitchell Haaseth - Thursday, October, 21, 2010, 1:21 AM
No way.

Yeah, I read that earlier...
It would be a shame if it got canceled...

Yeah considering Outsourced has been less-than-stellar, ESPECIALLY since it took over Parks and Recreations spot in the 'Big 4' until January.

but Asha could get it easily
pimp.gif

I actually like outsourced. Its not on community and parks recs level but its amusing. I watch community then take a nap until outsourced comes on lol. That live 30 rock last week was jokes though.

mad.gif
 Forgot about it watching the Giants game.
But it makes sense Outsourced would be doing good. You don't really change the channel halfway through the hour and it's kinda funny.

Originally Posted by MrONegative

"Troy. Make me proud. Be the first black man to make it to the end." --Abed
laugh.gif
I spit my water out when Abed said that
roll.gif

"Ah! It's a hamster!"- Chang

Originally Posted by bkmac

Originally Posted by MrONegative

"Troy. Make me proud. Be the first black man to make it to the end." --Abed
laugh.gif
I spit my water out when Abed said that
roll.gif