NBC's Community Thread - 6/2 - Ep. 13: "Emotional Consequences of Broadcast Television"

good news community fans! parks and rec too 
pimp.gif
 cant wait for the new episodes tonight
http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/03/17/p...mmunity-and-the-office-earn-pickups-for-fall/

http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/03/17/p...mmunity-and-the-office-earn-pickups-for-fall/[h1]'Parks and Recreation,' 'Community' and 'The Office' earn early pickups for fall[/h1]
by Lynette Rice

Categories: CommunityParks and RecreationTelevisionThe OfficeTV Biz

NBC reaffirmed its commitment to three of its critically beloved comedies today by announcing 2011-12 pickups for The Office, Parks and Recreation andCommunity.

“I am so pleased to renew these three outstanding comedies which are all at the top of their game creatively,

That's awesome news for both shows

It sucks if you don't know the fate of a show you watch and love.

Having to do that with Arrested Development was awful.

pimp.gif
Great news, Parks and Community are top notch. This thursday night of Community/30 Rock/Parks/Office will go down in history as a great run for NBC sitcoms.

That's great, great, great news!

Hopefully more people will tune in, I know I sure have to start giving this show ratings because I never watch at the time it's on, always a few hours later on the net. SMH.

Is tonight PF episode?

Finally, Community is back on tonight. Been trying to catch up to Parks and Rec too. Half way through season 2. Haha.

Originally Posted by Mycoldyourdone

"Exactly like Britney Spears! Hit me with your genie's bottle..."

what was up with the credits though?
I think they were making fun of society nowadays and how we're always on our phones.

Anyone know where I could watch episodes of Community online? Just got into it recently, and I've watched like the last 6 or so, but I can't seem to find a dedicated site that has both season 1 and 2 together.

PM if this isn't allowed?

Episode was pretty good, I am too getting tired of the Chang Shirley baby thing...

we need a full episode dedicated to Troy

They were in the opening too. At first I was annoyed, but I'd rather they not include them or force a C story if they didn't have anything good. Plus Annie and Pierce have gotten their own stories more often so it's a nice break.

I'm torn on Chang, I don't know if I prefer him in season 1 as the crazy authority figure or in season 2 as playing a more active role in the stories. As I type this out, I realize I prefer him in season 1... but he's a good character and Ken Jeong is a fan favorite so I understand the writers reasoning. It seems forced at times, first he might have impregnanted Shirley then he's living with Jeff. If he was just in the study group/a student I think it would have been enough.

Troy/Abed and Britta's storyline was good. Britta's tendency to ruin things plus Troy and Abed's pairing was funny.

Favorite highlights:
- Troy: "In what war is he a criminal, the battle for our affections?"
- Troy and Abed's constance annoyance and frustrations with Britta
- Troy realizing he and Britta were wearing the same bandanna
- Abed's sweatshirt he made after paintball saying "it's all downhill from here"

Solid ep

Yeah, the best part of the episode was "its all downhill from here". This was kind of a filler episode I think, I'm sure the next couple episodes will be great.

Originally Posted by Gordonson

Anyone know where I could watch episodes of Community online? Just got into it recently, and I've watched like the last 6 or so, but I can't seem to find a dedicated site that has both season 1 and 2 together.

PM if this isn't allowed?

check sidereel. been using it to watch old eps. of parks and rec there too. 

Originally Posted by Babe Ruthless

Yeah, the best part of the episode was "its all downhill from here". This was kind of a filler episode I think, I'm sure the next couple episodes will be great.

The season finale is a "western" sequel to Modern Warfare so I'm pretty sure we won't be seeing the end of that hoodie.

I'm not so big on Chang as a student but him chasing his backpack was hilarious.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Episode was not great coming off a hiatus, but like stated earlier, most likely a filler episode. Things should get better from here.

I hope they scale back Chang's role in the series. I feel the more screen time credited to his character and the more he's involved in episode plots, the episode lags and flounders. I feel Ken Jeong can't carry an episode. He was better as a peripheral character with his one liners and crazy antics... I'm getting Changed out by seeing too much of him.

The episode with Chang commentating on Abed burning Hilary Duff and all her friends is a perfect example of how the writers should use him. "That burn was brought to you by the letter S, as in snappp!!"
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I'm watching this like damn the writer's are really trying hard with the dialogue that it could be a movie and in the middle it hits me that this is so introspective that it must be from a movie
laugh.gif

Liked the light humor this ep had where when the jokes did come in they really were funny. This show would thrive on Showtime or HBO.

I was expecting the actual episode to be an entire Pulp Fiction-based parody, but that was still funny. The meaning-based comedy behind each episode is just awesome.

Back
Top Bottom