NBC's Community Thread - 6/2 - Ep. 13: "Emotional Consequences of Broadcast Television"

Today's episode was pretty bland, but I'm glad for new episodes. It's still better than anything else on TV on Thursdays.... well other than the Vampire Diaries of course.

Watched it again to make sure I didn't miss something. Eh episode, but Community is Community...Vampire Diaries though?
grin.gif

Very standard episode, not great but not awful. It had all the usual suspects, absurd storyline with Abed's class, Jeff being his controlling self, etc.

Definitely not an episode I'm dying to re-watch (which is how I used to feel). If it hasn't been clear before, tonights episodes made it obvious Parks and Rec > Community. I still feel Community can be a great comedy, but they just don't have a clear vision and the effort isn't there week to week. Meanwhile Parks and Rec consistently has been churning out great episodes without much flaws.

Damn, every time I like an episode you guys think it's subpar and vice-versa. Ya'll just mad Annie was hardly in it.
laugh.gif
 Some good quality episodes this season, but definitely not on par with last year. I hope the paintball finale is good. Seems like they're just going back to the well and hoping it works.

Originally Posted by illmaticsoulchild

Damn, every time I like an episode you guys think it's subpar and vice-versa. Ya'll just mad Annie was hardly in it.
laugh.gif
 Some good quality episodes this season, but definitely not on par with last year. I hope the paintball finale is good. Seems like they're just going back to the well and hoping it works.

nerd.gif

...excuse me while I go see Scream 4.

And I loved that My Dinner With Andre episode.

I think these seasons episodes may not get you as hyped as last season but this is by far the best show on TV period.

ekon, honestly... I like it.. I find it entertaining even though it's completely for teeny bopper Twilight lovers, but the acting is good. The first 3 episodes are a bit slow since it builds things up but overall it's good.. I've been following it for about 2 months and each episode is good and leaves a cliffhanger at the end... but the main reason I watch is... of course...
nina-dobrev1.jpg

Just when I was getting down on Community, at least in comparison to Parks and Rec... they stepped up and knocked this one out of the park. Probably the best episode of the season, and top 3 of the series.

Obviously a very Community way to address the clip show, and damn do I wish I could have seen half of those episodes. It was a brilliant idea, rather than wait a few seasons to possible rehash all the best moments, why not give yourself dozens and dozens of "fake" memories simply for comedic effect... it was genius. This episode gave you everything Community can do well and they were on the top of their game. The one-liners, the bizarre situations, Abed's pop culture fascinations (the Cape was the best), the extended slow motions with Annie and Jeff then Abed and Pierce, and then the emotional storyline of the groups constant fighting and problems. I'm disappointed Britta and Jeff were hooking up, mainly because Jeff wasn't reciprocating the feelings toward Annie, but that's just a personal preference.

Some highlights:
Abed ad Troy running away from the prospector
Troy: "It was 1800s Disney racism"
The Glee parody
Pierce: "I'll be a living god!!"
Jeff saving Annie from the robot, then Pierce in a hot dog costume
The train, the haunted house, all the locations
All of the Dean's outfits

"It's going to be cancelled after three episodes!" - Jeff
"Six seasons and a movie!" - Abed

laugh.gif
I really enjoyed tonight's episode. Was this the season finale (if not, when is it?)

Three more new episodes, finale is May 12th, 2nd part of the new Paintball episode

Originally Posted by Big J 33

Three more new episodes, finale is May 12th, 2nd part of the new Paintball episode
D'oh! I remember reading the paintball episode is the finale.

I can't wait for the two part finale!
Tonight's episode was pretty solid. I liked a lot.
It had a lot of funny moments.

i never ask this, but my dling site is down, and i didn't come home til after it showed on tv (and i really want to see it) where can i watch online, i googled and it gave me alot of bogus links
other dl sites don't have it up yet.
please help.
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by Spidermachine916

i never ask this, but my dling site is down, and i didn't come home til after it showed on tv (and i really want to see it) where can i watch online, i googled and it gave me alot of bogus links
other dl sites don't have it up yet.
please help.
ohwell.gif

PMed!

What did I just watch?
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

When I realized they were cappin on the Community community, I lost it...that Pierce and Abed! And I was hurt when Abed was talking out the Christmas ep.

I need to see this at least a couple more times before next week.

I REALLY hope they don't do what they did last year, because I would've been great with that being the finale....so here's hoping they don't drag to the end.

Originally Posted by MrONegative

What did I just watch?
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

When I realized they were cappin on the Community community, I lost it...that Pierce and Abed! And I was hurt when Abed was talking out the Christmas ep.

I need to see this at least a couple more times before next week.

I REALLY hope they don't do what they did last year, because I would've been great with that being the finale....so here's hoping they don't drag to the end.
It's a 2 parter. I really hope there's a bunch of Lost references since Sawyers in it!

Back
Top Bottom