NBA SG rankings (damnn-near perfect)

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Originally Posted by msw1233

Seriously, even comparing stats between the two, I think you have to take into account that Wade plays in a weaker conference from top to bottom.  I don't think anyone's even touching Kobe right now.  Either way, more fuel for him. 
Yet the Eastern Conference was the home of better defensive teams in terms of opponent FG%. THAT matters more than the actually success of the teams per conference.

http://espn.go.com/nba/st...ort/fieldGoalPctOpponent
Opponent FG %....the majority of games would be against other teams in that conference.. I don't see how that stat really means anything.

- Teams would rather have Kobe than Wade on their team any day.
- Kobe is unanimously going to the HoF.
- Jordan is God.
- Jordan could have won without Pippen, but Pippen couldn't win without Jordan.
- Kobe can win without Shaq, Wade can't.

/thread

and kobe cant win without gasol... so whats your point?... name another all star on the heat besides wade the last 2 years....

Seriously, even comparing stats between the two, I think you have to take into account that Wade plays in a weaker conference from top to bottom.  I don't think anyone's even touching Kobe right now.  Either way, more fuel for him. 
Yet the Eastern Conference was the home of better defensive teams in terms of opponent FG%. THAT matters more than the actually success of the teams per conference.

Opponent FG %....the majority of games would be against other teams in that conference.. I don't see how that stat really means anything.
Meaning there are better defensive teams in the Eastern Conference in terms of keeping their opponents to lower shooting nights. That is why that stat means something. Wade is MORE LIKELY to face a better defensive team than Kobe is since he plays in the Eastern Conference.

Understand now?

- Jordan is God.

/thread
1. Quite possibly, but again, that deals with the LEGACY (career) of Kobe and not the recent history of the two players. (Which this discussion is about. Which you keep failing to understand).

2. Not understanding the point of making such an obvious statement.

3. Jordan is Jordan. The best player in recent NBA History. We know this.

4. Jordan could have won without Pippen holds no weight because he never did it. Hypotheticals aren't reliable sources of evidence. Same with the 2nd part of that statement.

5. Kobe can win without Shaq, ok he has Pau Gasol.  Wade hasn't won without Shaq. Now he has Bosh and James. Doesn't mean he can't, just means he hasn't done it yet.

Overall, terrible points made by you.

Originally Posted by YoungTriz

and kobe cant win without gasol... so whats your point?... name another all star on the heat besides wade the last 2 years....
Don't speak. You're a Heat fan. You don't really matter in the NBA world.

laugh.gif

smh.gif

Originally Posted by bittersweet

So instead of attacking the comment, you attack him personally? He is correct, Kobe has not won without another prominent player. Not a knock against him, no man can do it by himself.

/thread

That's funny because without shaq, pau gasol or ron artest....

Choking the 3-1 lead to Phx In the first round playoffs in 2006

lol well you're a chicago bulls fan you shouldnt speak either.

if it wasnt for jordan yall wouldnt have any banners.

yall werent i s h before him and yall havent been i s h since he left

and wont be

1. Quite possibly, but again, that deals with the LEGACY (career) of Kobe and not the recent history of the two players. (Which this discussion is about. Which you keep failing to understand).

4. Jordan could have won without Pippen holds no weight because he never did it. Hypotheticals aren't reliable sources of evidence. Same with the 2nd part of that statement.

5. Kobe can win without Shaq, ok he has Pau Gasol.  Wade hasn't won without Shaq. Now he has Bosh and James. Doesn't mean he can't, just means he hasn't done it yet.

Kneesh just needs to stop posting in S&T.
laugh.gif

If you look at what Karl Malone did in his MVP season and what he did the year after its obvious that those 2 seasons were his most efficient seasons.
Mean while in 1997-1998 Michael had trouble getting to the hole and shot the lowest percentage of his career to that date.
In the finals Michael rose to the challenge that Karl Malone set forth, but during those regular seasons he was not the best player. I see how someone would look at those seasons as a whole and say Michael was better. But the gap between him and everyone else was non existent.
I live in Chicago and those Bulls teams could have gutted out 1999, but they were done after that.
If its Tim Duncan and the 1999 Spurs team vs a 1999 Bulls team with the whole cast back it would have been trouble with Duncan and D Rob

Larry Bird is no longer a top 10 player in my eyes.

If were talking about all time

1.Jordan
2.Magic
3.Wilt
4.Kareem
5.Russell
6.Kobe
7.Shaq
8.Hakeem
9. Pippen
10. Malone, Baylor, West are guys whom I would consider ahead of Bird
Bird is prob last on that list at 11 though

I will never down grade anyone for winning a title with someone else whom was great or at least an regular all star type but look at Bird's teams 1984 is a extremely balanced team
If were rating the titles and the Individual players contributions to the title it goes something like this
2001 Lakers
1986 Celtics
2002 Lakers
1984 Celtics
1981 Celtics
2000 Lakers

After 2002 Kobe had matched Bird's titles and while he had not hit the scoring peak he would later, the argument could be made that those Celtics teams had a clear and definite advantage in talent. If you don't think that Kobe's first 3 titles are on a similar level to Bird's then you honor Birds history a little too much and are not reconsigning The Chief and Mchale and the guys from the 81 team.

"you're an idiot if you think Kobe was top 10 all time by 06. stay away"

No, No one would give it up
But like I said earlier, Bird isnt in my top 10.
Kobe hasn't matched Birds overall prime, but he was consistently near the prime of Bird for a longer period than Bird was in his.
Bird won 1 title in what I consider his prime.
My thing with Kobe is that you can make the case numbers wise he won 4 and hit 6 finals series. Anything else is gravy.

I would say she needs to stay in the kitchen but she already admitted she doesn't care for cooking. But she needs to do something else besides making baseless comments.

Originally Posted by Girl thats Jules

lol well you're a chicago bulls fan you shouldnt speak either.

if it wasnt for jordan yall wouldnt have any banners.

yall werent i s h before him and yall havent been i s h since he left

and wont be

If, if, if. 
We got him and we have what, 6 rings? Aren't you from Texas?

?

roll.gif

Originally Posted by MetroKid26

Originally Posted by Essential1

At first it was Lebron was better than Kobe but Kobe is number 2... Now Wade is better than Kobe and Kobe is number 3...
roll.gif
roll.gif

That whole time the Lakers were still down by anywhere from 9-14pts

way to rally your team to victory singlehandedly. Lakers' fans are so hypnotized..
So When Kobe shoots lights out, but gets little help from his team and the lakers lose... he sucks because his team loses and laker fans are delirious.

But when Kobe has an off night offensively, but his team wins the NBA chip, he still sucks because he shot bad and laker fans are delirious.

Got it, thanks.

Meaning there are better defensive teams in the Eastern Conference in terms of keeping their opponents to lower shooting nights. That is why that stat means something. Wade is MORE LIKELY to face a better defensive team than Kobe is since he plays in the Eastern Conference.

Understand now?

- Jordan is God.

/thread

4. Jordan could have won without Pippen holds no weight because he never did it. [color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Hypotheticals aren't reliable sources of evidence[/color]. Same with the 2nd part of that statement.

Yeaaa.......

Originally Posted by gangsta207therevolution

If you look at what Karl Malone did in his MVP season and what he did the year after its obvious that those 2 seasons were his most efficient seasons.
Mean while in 1997-1998 Michael had trouble getting to the hole and shot the lowest percentage of his career to that date.
In the finals Michael rose to the challenge that Karl Malone set forth, but during those regular seasons he was not the best player. I see how someone would look at those seasons as a whole and say Michael was better. But the gap between him and everyone else was non existent.
I live in Chicago and those Bulls teams could have gutted out 1999, but they were done after that.
If its Tim Duncan and the 1999 Spurs team vs a 1999 Bulls team with the whole cast back it would have been trouble with Duncan and D Rob

1.Jordan
2.Magic
3.Wilt
4.Kareem
5.Russell
6.Kobe
7.Shaq
8.Hakeem
9. Pippen

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

#%@% is wrong with you?
indifferent.gif

1.Jordan
2.Magic
3.Wilt
4.Kareem
5.Russell
6.Kobe
7.Shaq
8.Hakeem
9. Pippen

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

%$#% is wrong with you?
indifferent.gif

nba_g_robinson1_sw_576.jpg

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

If you wanna talk about most dominant player of a decade or generation, then someone needs to rack up at least 5 or 6...

Really? Shaq has how many? Oh ok. So he can't be labeled the most dominant of a decade or generation?

Shaq has 1, I believe. If you can't talk about scoring titles, then you gotta bring up rings & contributions to getting the ring. I unno bout' Shaq' being the most dominant of the decade, I'd have to go with Kobe..

If you wanna talk about most dominant player of a decade or generation, then someone needs to rack up at least 5 or 6...

Really? Shaq has how many? Oh ok. So he can't be labeled the most dominant of a decade or generation?

Shaq has 1, I believe. If you can't talk about scoring titles, then you gotta bring up rings & contributions to getting the ring. I unno bout' Shaq' being the most dominant of the decade, I'd have to go with Kobe..
eek.gif

this thread officially got dumber.

DCAllAmerican wrote:

Wow. I'm not sure if you're joking or not.

Kobe more dominant then SHAQ? $#! is going on in this thread.
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom