• Clippers

Votes: 5 3.1%
  • Other West Team

Votes: 6 3.7%
  • Other East Team

Votes: 2 1.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
When they played with their back against the wall in that okc series, played a lot more carefree and loose.
Comparing 2016 to now means nothing. Different teams, different circumstances, different issues. Iggy and Livingston are old. Klay is hurt. Really the only similarities between those two teams is having Dray, Klay and Steph.

Ohhhhh y’all testing me.....

**** it.

Dubs in 7!!!!

3FA12275-3ACA-4B96-8DAC-5FFD8A33141F.jpeg

no one thought that the Warriors are better with our Kevin Durant. I thought they played a more exciting brand of basketball, more ball movement and more individual greatness by the origina big 3. That being said, it was more exciting because they would go down by 15 and make these huge runs when was Kevin Durant they would just cruise to an easy victory.

Taking Durant out takes away their plan B. the plan A is to play beautiful Warriors basketball, but when their shots not falling they can also iso Durant. Having him also switches matchups. I highly doubt that gasol would be playing as much as he is if he had to guard Durant instead of Looney.

Durant is also a versatile defender who can guard multiple positions.

I’d like to see Kerr use Curry in James Harden style isolations and let him go 1 vs 1. Using screens for Curry only invites doubles and blitzes.

Also, warriors need to stop switching everything on defense. So much miscommunication and not really hustling to rotate/cover other guys.

With all this **** said, if KD comes back I still take Dubs in 7. Curry/KD p&r is simply unbeatable.

Agreed. Steph hasn’t been using that screen to find his shot and he’s not turning that corner fast enough to get freed up. when he tries to split the defenders he’s bobbling the handle. Gotta give a lot of credit to FVV and the additional trap man. nonetheless, when he’s gone iso on fvv or lowry, he’s cooked them with his handle and gotten into the lane. Like you said, warriors are only inviting doubles onto steph when they try to use boogie or bogut as a screener. Neither of them threaten Toronto and force one of the defenders to stay with them on the perimeter

I’d like to see Kerr use Curry in James Harden style isolations and let him go 1 vs 1. Using screens for Curry only invites doubles and blitzes.

Also, warriors need to stop switching everything on defense. So much miscommunication and not really hustling to rotate/cover other guys.

With all this **** said, if KD comes back I still take Dubs in 7. Curry/KD p&r is simply unbeatable.

Haha I was having this convo with my brother yesterday

There’s a reason why most of the NBA chips belong to guys like Kobe bron KD shaq Kareem etc

There’s HUGE value in isolation basketball this deep into the playoffs. The dubs caught the league off guard with their deep 3’s and torrid off ball movement and right as the league was starting to adjust they got KD as a nuke to all of that. This is what makes me wonder / doubt how many chips gsw wins without KD. The non iso constant ball player movement can only carry you so far

All that running around 5 screens is nice and has its place but your best player being able to just get a bucket and make a play will always reign supreme to me in the playoffs

Comparing 2016 to now means nothing. Different teams, different circumstances, different issues. Iggy and Livingston are old. Klay is hurt. Really the only similarities between those two teams is having Dray, Klay and Steph.

But you cut out where i said “different team, same core.” We’ve seen a core of steph dray and klay in this situation before and pull it off. It wouldn’t exactly be unprecedented

Curry's body isn't built like Hardens. I don't think he has the physicality to take contact constantly like Harden does and I'm not sure if he has the endurance to pound the ball 40 + minutes. That's just not Steph's game. He's a lot slipperier and obviously a much better shooter from distance then Harden

Seeing how weak the Warriors are without KD, makes me thing that Lebron legitimately could've had an extra 1-3 rings.

If Love and Kyrie play in 2015 I think the Cavaliers win and if Kevin Durant never joined the Warriors, I think the Cavaliers win in 2017. That being said, so Cavs got lucky in 2016 so it's kind of a wash. That 2018 Cavaliers team was one of the worst finals teams ever and even a Durant-less Warriors would win that series.

A big reason Steph is so efficient is because the majority of his 3s are assisted. Pulling up off the bounce is a wrinkle in his game, not the backbone of it

Warriors had a legit chance to pass Jordan bulls with 6 rings, but Wardell a choker and KD built out of glass and Horsemouth Draymond’s mouth is too big.

Back
Top Bottom