[::NBA FINALS THREAD: HEAT DEFEAT SPURS 4-3. CONGRATS LEBRON & MIAMI. EARNED, NOT GIVEN::]

What Will The Outcome of The Finals Be?...

• Spurs in 4

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spurs in 5

• Spurs in 6

• Spurs in 7

• Heat in 4

• Heat in 5

• Heat in 6

• Heat in 7

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I will be in attendance for game 2 tonight...

Hoping for a great game like I saw in game 1, but this time I want Lebron to dominate the 4th like he has been in the past.

We'll see how bad lebron wants it tonight. I'm expecting one of the best finals performances tonight. His teammates better be on the same wavelength though

u110% of me thinks Miami wins tonight. Why?...[quote name="7thAve btn 31stN33rd St"]I called the Spurs in 6, maybe even 5. I expect Lebron to go Video Game James tonight.[/quote]This. And... [quote name="DubA169"]I assume Miami gets to the line much more tonight.[/quote]... that.

Last edited:
Lebron had a triple double in game 1, 18 boards is sick at his position, give him video game credit. No way Lebron beats the Spurs alone. If some else plays above their level and Lebron does what he does then Miami takes the series.

A Triple Double isn't always an amazing performance.
Being the best player in the world, LeBron is held to a higher standard than everyone else...whether you like it or not.
His tripple double didn't provide enough of an impact for them to win in that 4th quarter as much as a scoring attack would of.
An agressive mindset from LeBron most likely would of put the Spurs away.

I expect LeBron to come out tonight attacking the rim. He's going to draw a lot of fouls and get to the line a lot more.
I see him attacking first, passing second.

The question is, will he be able to stay agressive for all 4 quarters? Because he needs to if they wanna win.

Triple double = you can't criticize. He has no help. He did everything he could.

That's so arbitrary.

Being an aggressive scorer, and the point guard, and the rebounder basically screws up everyone else's role and players end up just watching him and standing around the perimeter. Except for birdman. Hard to get in rythem.

[quote name="L2B"]A Triple Double isn't always an amazing performance.[/quote]THIS

is something I absolutely disagree with. double digits in 3 categories is crazy.

NOW... that's obviously not all it takes to win sometimes, as was proven the other night, but that doesn't mean that a triple double is ho hum. It's never unimpressive, imo.

A Triple Double isn't always an amazing performance.
Being the best player in the world, LeBron is held to a higher standard than everyone else...whether you like it or not..
I'm gonna have to disagree with ya there homie. I think it was impressive. I will agree that he's held to a higher standard however he scored, rebounded and involved his teammates. His teammates shouldn't be held to a lower standard, they have to step it up period.

Think the Spurs are going to win again tonight. Even if LeBron goes HAM.

If Wade has 22 plus points tho and attacks the rim along with LeBron, then the Heat will win. That's what OKC did last year to the Spurs. I just can't put much more faith behind Wade anymore, so that's why I'll pick the Spurs.

postd in the nba thread before

Joey Crawford, Ed Malloy and Ken Mauer will officiate Game 2 of the Finals between the Heat and Spurs in Miami on Sunday night.

wow. quite possibly the 3 worst refs in the game. they really know how to fan the flames.

View media item 447770

LISTEN TO MIKE BREEN DEFEND THIS **** IN THE VIDEO. LISTEN TO HIM!

I remember that I never heard the commentary for it

Mike Green is Bia for that, atleast Mark Jackson kept it real

Last edited:
Miami has to come out aggressive again tonight. I do not want to see them just standing around on offense and just waiting for someone to create their own shot. That drives me crazy :smh:

Mark Jackson is gonna get himself a ring one of these days and now he's got a legit shot with some of thing they're doing over in golden state

Still feel like Wade had a decent game. But he ended with only 17 pts? Lol. Wade needs to be in the 20s, and LeBron needs to be up there as well.

Still think Bosh is bailing them out with his shot selection.

Debating whether or not to watch tonight game. My gut feeling is that refs are going to win the game for Miami since the league can't afford to have Miami be down 0-2 going back to San Antonio. The league want a minimal of 6 games so i can't imagine Heat getting swept or lose 4-1.

I guess i'll be going out tonight. :tongue:

I didn't mean the tripple double isn't impressive literally.
I just meant it doesn't always correlate with a FLAWLESS performance.

Just because you had a tripple double doesn't necessarily mean you had a PERFECT game.
He could of done a few things different, specifically be more agressive, to put the Spurs away.

That's all i mean.

I know he's the best player in the world guys. I know he makes it looks easy.
I didn't mean it as a diss :lol:
The guy makes tripple doubles look easy...thats not something I take for granted.
But at some point in that game you gotta look to drive and put yourself on the free throw line, get to the hoop and make the Spurs pay.
He relied too much on the outside shooting in the 4th quarter which didnt pay off.
He put his fate in the hands of Chris Bosh from the 3 point line...
Think about that. Instead of driving and creating his own fate, he relied on his teammates to hit outside jumpers.
It works sometimes...but it didnt work in that game.

He could of just relied on his own athletic ability more, because we all know how easily he can get to the rim if he wants too...at the very least he will get hacked if they are clogging up the paint.

That's all i meant.
Never meant a tripple double isnt impressive :lol:

Last edited:
I know it's a pipe dream but I wish we had the same ref crew from Game 1 officiating the rest of the series. The product on the court would be so much better if they kept it consistent like that. Didn't get in the way of a free-flowing game, didn't fall for flops (for the most part), very little ticky tack bull **** and let them boys play it out.

Of course what ultimately matters is having teams that execute as well as SA and Miami but the zebras had no impact on the game and that's all I ask for.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom