[::NBA FINALS THREAD: HEAT DEFEAT SPURS 4-3. CONGRATS LEBRON & MIAMI. EARNED, NOT GIVEN::]

What Will The Outcome of The Finals Be?...

• Spurs in 4

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spurs in 5

• Spurs in 6

• Spurs in 7

• Heat in 4

• Heat in 5

• Heat in 6

• Heat in 7

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
That may be true, but that doesnt change the fact that on a consistent basis he is at the bottom of the barrell when it comes to starting point guards in the league. How often do they even trust the guy handling the ball, rarely if ever. I know LeBron is LeBron, but I would like to think that there are at least 15 starting point guards who he would let have priamry ball handling abilities. Hes a below average defender, passer, and penetrator, his one true bright spot is his shooting which is good, but its not good enough to where hes worthy of a starting job. Cole is already better than him.
He actually penetrates very well and he never has the chance to handle the ball a lot mostly because we have Lebron and wade. I wouldn't be surprised if somebody offers him something after this season cause he's a free agent

That may be true, but that doesnt change the fact that on a consistent basis he is at the bottom of the barrell when it comes to starting point guards in the league. How often do they even trust the guy handling the ball, rarely if ever. I know LeBron is LeBron, but I would like to think that there are at least 15 starting point guards who he would let have priamry ball handling abilities. Hes a below average defender, passer, and penetrator, his one true bright spot is his shooting which is good, but its not good enough to where hes worthy of a starting job. Cole is already better than him.

In the way the heat run their offense, unless you were some elite PG, the PG would be handling the ball about the same amount of time as 'Rio does.

And lol @ Rio being a below average defender

Last edited:
I wouldnt go as high as elite, but if they had one of the 1-15 guys the offense would switch up. We can go back and forth about this all day, but I just looked at all the NBA rosters for starters and I couldnt find 3 guys I would take him over. *Shrugs*

Don't think NoCo will be taking the starting spot next year just because he still needs to work on his shooting/3 point making ability. Plus Rio always plays well in big games for some reason.

You're not taking the ball out of Lebron's hands, to put in the hand of a guy not named, Kyrie, Parker, Paul, Williams, Westbrook, Rondo, etc. You're just not. It lessens the impact on the biggest mismatch on the floor on most nights. Bad basketball.

Let me take the ball out of Lebron's hands to give it to friggin Mike Conley. Yeah, Ok.

Last edited:
And if the most active staff member in here so far (myself) wasn't a LeBron fan (which I am). :lol:

But no, let them believe that everything that is happening is because the staff is anti-Heat or anti-LeBron or pro-Lakers or anti-whatevertheywant or pro-whatevertheywant. :lol: If people were in here going at each other's throats about different plays from the 2 games so far and posting meaningless arguments about how Duncan does or doesn't measure up to Kobe and how Bron does or doesn't measure up to MJ or Kobe or Jesus Christ, there would be people complaining about how out of control the thread is and mods need to do something and this place is wack and blah, blah, blah.

If I've learned anything from FB and NT, it's that there will always be someone whining about something. ALWAYS. :lol:

"You can please some of the people some of the time, but you will never please all the people all of the time."

"Those who don't get it don't get that they don't get it."
id go for that if there wasnt bans etc...about a year ago or so in reference to the jeremy lin appreciation thread. You had folks getting flamed for saying dude was a flash in the pants, overhyped cat which was in mainly due to his race. Now a year later..... um dude arguable is the worst starting pg in the L, is irrelevant and a afterthought.

So i say that to say how is calling out a player, who at the end of the day was nothing more then a hot commodity, overnight success. In a thread about him, is flaming thread derailing. yet a thread about the nba finals, in which folks are comparing cookie makers not a thread derail?

Im trying to understand, a thread about a player, you saying he sucks, turns out he indeed does suck...is flamming, thread derail. Talking about snack cookies in a finals thread isn't?

View media item 449516

Wade knows about him 
nthat.gif

Hating on my mans Chalmers?

He has to take a backseat behind 3 All-Stars/Coaches, then hear it from Spoelstra too.

So many ball dominant players on the floor and he gets the title of PG, when in theory it's "position-less basketball" as they have said numerous times.

Chalmers might not be consistent throughout the season, but he was MUCH improved this season, prior to injuries to end the season. He shows up during the big games too, mostly every single time. It's actually pretty funny because when the Heat are searching for an additional playmaker, Rio is always right there and he is fearless in doing it, sometimes at the sacrifice of efficiency. :lol:

He shouldn't be getting questioned after a 25 point outing in the finals vs OKC last season. Cole is definitely a great piece and a better defender, but Rio has improved to a point where he can actually take contact. :smokin

Guys, LeBron blocked Splitter for goodness sakes.

Why is everyone making a HUGE deal over the best player in the world sending back an unathletic white guy's dunk?

Would it be better if it was an unathletic black guy?

He jumped off vert and blocked a center driving towards the rim for a dunk. And he did it cleanly too.

People are exaggerating if they're making it into some series changing moment, but it was an awesome play, deal with it.

Last edited:

He jumped off vert and blocked a center driving towards the rim for a dunk. And he did it cleanly too.

People are exaggerating if they're making it into some series changing moment, but it was an awesome play, deal with it.
This.

I'm still
laugh.gif
mean.gif
@ Magic saying that jumpstarted the Heat blowout when they were already up 19.

Another example of why I keep my viewing of ESPN's Finals coverage to a minimum.

TP's  crazy/lucky shot in game 1 was more significant because he essentially sealed the victory for the Spurs.

BTW, **** whoever brought up cinnabons in here.
mean.gif

Haven't had one in a minute.
laugh.gif

And some people find blocks exciting and impressive. It's not that complicated.

I can't stand those guys that are in awed of everything.

That Lebron block is nothing spectacular. Splitter is unathletic and took like 5 seconds to gather for a dunk. I can see that block coming easily for Lebron way before Splitter even jump.

True. It kinda has been exaggerated by the media. But yes, that block is as impressive as they come.

As for Bron blocking an unathletic dude, it's just the reverse of having Blake slam one against an unathletic (Perkins?) dude as well. Either way you look at it, both are impressive feats.

I can't stand those guys that are in awed of everything.

That Lebron block is nothing spectacular. Splitter is unathletic and took like 5 seconds to gather for a dunk. I can see that block coming easily for Lebron way before Splitter even jump.
whens the last time you blocked a 6'11 240 pound dude?

whens the last time you blocked a 6'11 240 pound dude?

Not sure if serious.

Do you know Splitter can barely get off the ground? That dunk was so slow, weak and unathletic. That was too easy of a block for Lebron. Even Nate Robinson would have a shot at blocking that weak dunk.

If you're going to dunk on Lebron you have to go up quick and throw it down fast. Not some weak slow dunk like that.

Back
Top Bottom