Nas & Damian Marley:Distant Relatives - June 23rd

nas-damien-marley.jpg
nas-dmarley-studio.jpg

The album features the signature instrumentation and musicianship of Marley with the hard hitting beats and lyrics of Nas. Throughout the course of their musical careers, the duo has taught each other and always admired each other's style. Since first meeting in 1996 the two artists have shared a mutual respect and camaraderie that was most recently showcased on "Road to Zion," a standout track from Damian's critically acclaimed album, Welcome to Jamrock. After having such a positive experience working together, they have now joined forces again for Distant Relatives.

The album title refers not only to the bond of Nas and Damian, but the bond to their African ancestry, which inspired the album both musically and lyrically. "Africa is the backbone of the world and the foundation of everything and Africans are in a situation where they need help more than anywhere else," notes Damian Marley. "We know there are dire situations here in America but when you look at America-with public libraries and free education-these are not opportunities most Africans have. It's a completely different scale of trying to help people. As humans beings, we're part of a human family."

Nas agrees, "As an American, we have so much even in a so-called recession that a neighborhood like Queensbridge or Red Hook is Beverly Hills compared to the way people are living in Nigeria, Sierre Leone, and Ghana," says the emcee. "So obviously if we making records with that theme, there's gonna be things I want to build on. I think Africa has a lot to teach us."

This album is going to be a problem
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Discuss

nas actually doing a collab album and releasing it?

eek.gif

...too good to be true.
grin.gif

i'll believe til it's actually in stores.

When you hear the rumor or imagine the vision of it you'd probably think Rastaman Vibration/Exodus meets Illmatic/Lost Tapes but I dunno what I'mactually gonna get from these two. This could easily be a reggae version of Untitled or if Damian actually keeps Nas focused it can be more progressive thanany album the past decade and be something sorely needed in music period.

At the least I'm hoping for a solid album.

Real talk though Nas can do w/e from here on out he still gonna catch flack for not doing that all Premo album and/or AZ collabo. I don't care who'srelevant or not or who's washed up.
laugh.gif

based on Road to Zion, my hopes are really high for this album

please don't disappoint me Nas!

Did NaS lose Premiers phone number or something? I'm excited about this album but c'mon man.

While its not Premier or Az its definitely something I can look ofrward to. We'll see if it actually releases tho, paint me a skeptic.

pimp.gif
ima def check for this cuz Damian my dude... im waitn for his next Solo i mean Welcome to Jamrock was what 3-4 years ago

Originally Posted by blackmagnus514

these cats stay disrespecting Chris Martin.
LOL, it's so true for better or worse that I can't even really joke.
ohwell.gif

I'm still looking forward to this project.

It's going to happen.

They already have tour dates set up for the album(Rock The Bells).

It's just a question of how good it is going to be.

I'd prefer this be a trio album with Stephen Marley doing alot of production/writing/singing like on Damien's album

I'm assuming it's gonna be like this actually

THIS IS GOING TO BE REVOLUTIONARY!!!
Bob Marleys son + The best rapper alive = a worldwide revolution

Back
Top Bottom