MY PS3 DIED !!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

Originally Posted by TheHealthInspector

Sony offered to fix disc read errors as long you didnt void the warranty by opening it up and trying to fix it yourself, ps3 has a very reasonable hardware reliability/failure rate for it being completely new hardware - cell processor and blu-ray drive, not sure what causes YLOD - i think its the hard drive, something like 5% or whatever incur problems, you gotta expect that very new hardware is gonna be susceptible to failure and that its going to improve over time, unless corners are cut in order to save money, thats why the original 60gb ps3s are vulnerable to problems - problems are happening 2+ years after they went retail, u cant foresee things like that in the manufacturing process - i wonder how the original "made in japan" 60GBs are holding up as opposed to the chinese/taiwan ones

the wii doesnt have that bad of a failure rate cause its pretty much tried-and-true technology, its basically a gamecube plus an IR sender and new controls, kind of like every new iphone that comes out, just small but well received upgrades - it better be reliable

now the xbox, thats a real problem right there, they didnt bring anything new to the table technologically speaking and their machine is still crapping out on them within weeks of purchase, everyone knows that they rushed their console out in order to beat sony to the market and thats the problem right there: there are various reports of how they knew of mass RROD problems among factory tested models but microsoft still chose to release it because finding a legitimate fix (which is debatable as to whether or not they found one) would have definitely pushed them into the next year along with sony and nintendo - they pretty much had to offer this 3 year warranty in order to avoid a massive lawsuit

Lol so basically they pulled a Windows ME?
yup
laugh.gif
. both of them need to get their stuff togetherhopefully

Originally Posted by sole vintage

TheHealthInspector wrote:
yup
laugh.gif
. both of them need to get their stuff together hopefully

if youre talking microsoft releasing it too early, then yeah

im interested in seeing how these new Slims hold up because my guess is that the final 80gb fats were very reliable

Originally Posted by 011010kash01011

Originally Posted by Mister916

54.2%

eek.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif
cant believe dumb $@% Xbox owners still TRY to say that trash box is better
laugh.gif
.... *#%$ is sad real talk
smh.gif

their viewpoint is all about the features of xbox live - crosschat, party, invites, netflix, that stuff

other than that, the system itself is a joke

yup
laugh.gif

im interested in seeing how these new Slims hold up because my guess is that the final 80gb fats were very reliable

54.2%

eek.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif
smh.gif

their viewpoint is all about the features of xbox live - crosschat, party, invites, netflix, that stuff

The warranty is the prime selling point of the system. Without it there's no way it reaches 20 million let alone 31 or wherever it is. (unless the peoplewho own one are really that stupid...then again...)

Originally Posted by imINchucks5

Originally Posted by Lrrr

Originally Posted by HOLLAKID619

Xbox 360 >>> PS5
laugh.gif

52.4% failure rate...kant u reed b?

would u rather shoot 52.4% from the three point line or 5%?

easy choice

52>5

A failure rate means that an Xbox fails 52% of the time and a PS3 fails 5% of the time. That Xbox is making you stupid.

Originally Posted by imINchucks5

Originally Posted by HOLLAKID619

Xbox 360 >>> PS5
laugh.gif

52.4% failure rate...kant u reed b?

would u rather shoot 52.4% from the three point line or 5%?

easy choice

52>5

A failure rate means that an Xbox fails 52% of the time and a PS3 fails 5% of the time. That Xbox is making you stupid.

eek.gif

Originally Posted by PH3N0M3N0N

yup
laugh.gif

54.2%

eek.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif
smh.gif

The warranty is the prime selling point of the system. Without it there's no way it reaches 20 million let alone 31 or wherever it is. (unless the people who own one are really that stupid...then again...)
People keep bringing up the warranty like its a selling point. The warranty, which began in 07 ends July 2010. After that you have to pay theamount due before the warranty was given to all 360 owners.

eek.gif
Son REALLY just tried to compare failure rates to 3 point shooting straight up.
roll.gif
Edit: and FTR, I'd rather shoot 95% from 3 out of 24.6 millionshots as opposed to 52.4% out of 31 million.

Originally Posted by onewearz

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

sony ASAP.. ask your mom or dad for $150

Thats the only way OP.. trust me.. i ahd to do it too
frown.gif

laugh.gif

asking mom and dad ain't an option no more, been on my own since 17. married w/ 3 kids
pimp.gif

married at the age of 17... with 3 kids and thats good??? how old are they?

WOW, That's probably the dumbest statement I have ever seen posted on Niketalk.

I'm dying here.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

that happened to my ps3 as well.. its just the Bluray fault. i Sent it back in and recieved new one
pimp.gif

Fudge XCrap360

Originally Posted by VARSITY kid

DipsetGeneral wrote:

frown.gif

laugh.gif

asking mom and dad ain't an option no more, been on my own since 17. married w/ 3 kids
pimp.gif

i didn't get married at 17
laugh.gif

i'm one of the grandpa's on NT , 33

and my kids are 12, 10, 5 , just to clear up any confusion ........

Originally Posted by SaltineWarrior

Originally Posted by PH3N0M3N0N

yup
laugh.gif

54.2%

eek.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif
smh.gif

The warranty is the prime selling point of the system. Without it there's no way it reaches 20 million let alone 31 or wherever it is. (unless the people who own one are really that stupid...then again...)
People keep bringing up the warranty like its a selling point. The warranty, which began in 07 ends July 2010. After that you have to pay the amount due before the warranty was given to all 360 owners.

Which is why you hear people saying "I'm on my 3rd/4th/5th/6th console right now. No biggie" I'm pretty sure without that warranty the userbase would take a nosedive. Those online features aren't worth another $300+ and neither are the games. If you think so then you're either sick in thehead or Bill Gates/Steve Ballmer himself.

Originally Posted by VARSITY kid

DipsetGeneral wrote:

frown.gif

laugh.gif

pimp.gif

i didn't get married at 17
laugh.gif

i'm one of the grandpa's on NT , 33

and my kids are 12, 10, 5 , just to clear up any confusion ........
what are you doing playing video games old timer?

what happened to the days of reliable video game systems

now a days when people buy systems they hope that it doesn't break

the quality of current generation electronics are complete trash

104l1zp.jpg

SNES FTW, no ring of death, no yellow light or disc read errors. If it dont work, u blow [no mo] on the cartridge n its fixed.

PS3 heads - I experienced the same problem. My blueray is done. My dvd works fine, but ps3 games freeze up on me. Is there any way I can sell my console withthe damaged blueray? I'd rather get $100-$150 for it and use that money for a slim. What do you guys think? Worth selling or is it a waste of time?

peace

^ i had an OG 60gb die on me recently.. i paid $160 to repair it.. looking back, i wish i couldve just used that money to buy a slim, fearing that my 60gb willdie again in the near future.

Back
Top Bottom