MY PS3 DIED !!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by 18key

Originally Posted by xblaze23

Call Microsoft and ask for a box then ship it to them

laugh.gif
Do it OP, just to see what kind of letter you get back.
eek.gif
My friend did that forfun and MS sent it back to him with an extra 1 month live gold subscription ...they didnt fix the console tho
laugh.gif

Yo Sony is known to make shoddy hardware...

The same widespread problem started plaguing the PS2 2-3 years after its release and it's looking like the PS3 might follow suit...

Other's complaining about MS and the RROD... well like Mangudai said at least they owned up to the problem and they're fixing it to you for free ofcharge...

"disc read error" all over again now...

Originally Posted by onewearz

yeah keep me posted .......

the gameDr cleaner didn't work
So now im about to purchase a PS3 slim from dell for about $250
then fix my OG 60 gb later on at game repair center near by

Originally Posted by Putting In Work

The same widespread problem started plaguing the PS2 2-3 years after its release and it's looking like the PS3 might follow suit...

Other's complaining about MS and the RROD... well like Mangudai said at least they owned up to the problem and they're fixing it to you for free of charge...

the ps3 isn't shoddy hardware the fail rate for it is less than 3%. sony owned up to the disc read error problem when it happened, the secondyear they repaired them free of

charge.the only reason Microsoft is fixing the RROD ( with a warranty) because they dont want a lawsuit for knowing they shipped a faulty product to thepublic.

it just sucks that both these company's dont have some type of quality control

This is off topic but does anyone think $150 for a 60GB PS3 a good deal? My boy is selling it to me and yes it works.

i called sony and they told me $ 150 . i'm gonna check this store up the block , they fix game systems , i'll see what they're talking. worst comesto worst i'll buy the slim and fix this one for my son .........

Originally Posted by NICKLE DIME BAY

This is off topic but does anyone think $150 for a 60GB PS3 a good deal? My boy is selling it to me and yes it works.
That's a steal knowing that he could have sold it to you for around $400 due to the fact it has full backwards compatibility and that 60 GBstill go for a lot on eBay.

onewearz,

Put a listing up on Craigslist that you're looking for someone that can fix PS3s. Someone can fix it.

roll.gif
at some of the replies in this thread.

this doesn't scare me away from PS3, but i am tired of my crappy 360. i never play it. rent the big games for the year and beat em 5 days later. no needto buy games for it.

i want a PS3 just for the blu-ray really. anyone use theirs strictly for that?

i had the same prob two weeks ago, its the laser most likely. you have a couple of options. 1. send it back to sony its 150 and no tellin when you will getyour system back. 2. sell it online for the parts. 3. go have it repaired through a 3rd party. i looked on craigslist and found a guy who did it for me for 65with a 2 day turnaround.

Originally Posted by NICKLE DIME BAY

that's a hell of a good deal. That's almost a crackhead deal for you, man
laugh.gif
Jump on it before he realizes the actual market price

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

sony ASAP.. ask your mom or dad for $150

Thats the only way OP.. trust me.. i ahd to do it too
frown.gif

laugh.gif

asking mom and dad ain't an option no more, been on my own since 17. married w/ 3 kids
pimp.gif

"Disc read error" made me want to rip my *++%!%% hair out with the PS2, which is why I am now X360 faithful, and yes, I did have to send mine inbecause of RROD

same problem..#$@# sat around idle for like 5 months..wrote sony a letter now they're waiving the $150

Originally Posted by sole vintage

Originally Posted by Putting In Work

Other's complaining about MS and the RROD... well like Mangudai said at least they owned up to the problem and they're fixing it to you for free of charge...

the ps3 isn't shoddy hardware the fail rate for it is less than 3%. sony owned up to the disc read error problem when it happened, the second year they repaired them free of

charge.the only reason Microsoft is fixing the RROD ( with a warranty) because they dont want a lawsuit for knowing they shipped a faulty product to the public.

it just sucks that both these company's dont have some type of quality control

Hmm didn't know.

Sony offered to fix disc read errors as long you didnt void the warranty by opening it up and trying to fix it yourself, ps3 has a very reasonable hardwarereliability/failure rate for it being completely new hardware - cell processor and blu-ray drive, not sure what causes YLOD - i think its the hard drive,something like 5% or whatever incur problems, you gotta expect that very new hardware is gonna be susceptible to failure and that its going to improve overtime, unless corners are cut in order to save money, thats why the original 60gb ps3s are vulnerable to problems - problems are happening 2+ years after theywent retail, u cant foresee things like that in the manufacturing process - i wonder how the original "made in japan" 60GBs are holding up as opposedto the chinese/taiwan ones

the wii doesnt have that bad of a failure rate cause its pretty much tried-and-true technology, its basically a gamecube plus an IR sender and new controls,kind of like every new iphone that comes out, just small but well received upgrades - it better be reliable

now the xbox, thats a real problem right there, they didnt bring anything new to the table technologically speaking and their machine is still crapping out onthem within weeks of purchase, everyone knows that they rushed their console out in order to beat sony to the market and thats the problem right there: thereare various reports of how they knew of mass RROD problems among factory tested models but microsoft still chose to release it because finding a legitimate fix(which is debatable as to whether or not they found one) would have definitely pushed them into the next year along with sony and nintendo - they pretty muchhad to offer this 3 year warranty in order to avoid a massive lawsuit

Originally Posted by TheHealthInspector

Sony offered to fix disc read errors as long you didnt void the warranty by opening it up and trying to fix it yourself, ps3 has a very reasonable hardware reliability/failure rate for it being completely new hardware - cell processor and blu-ray drive, not sure what causes YLOD - i think its the hard drive, something like 5% or whatever incur problems, you gotta expect that very new hardware is gonna be susceptible to failure and that its going to improve over time, unless corners are cut in order to save money, thats why the original 60gb ps3s are vulnerable to problems - problems are happening 2+ years after they went retail, u cant foresee things like that in the manufacturing process - i wonder how the original "made in japan" 60GBs are holding up as opposed to the chinese/taiwan ones

the wii doesnt have that bad of a failure rate cause its pretty much tried-and-true technology, its basically a gamecube plus an IR sender and new controls, kind of like every new iphone that comes out, just small but well received upgrades - it better be reliable

now the xbox, thats a real problem right there, they didnt bring anything new to the table technologically speaking and their machine is still crapping out on them within weeks of purchase, everyone knows that they rushed their console out in order to beat sony to the market and thats the problem right there: there are various reports of how they knew of mass RROD problems among factory tested models but microsoft still chose to release it because finding a legitimate fix (which is debatable as to whether or not they found one) would have definitely pushed them into the next year along with sony and nintendo - they pretty much had to offer this 3 year warranty in order to avoid a massive lawsuit

Lol so basically they pulled a Windows ME?

i just opened it up and cleaned the lens but thats not the problem. the players itself is not moving. no dvd's, no games , nothing. thats the problem.

funeral arrangements are being made, thank u for the kind words ..........

Back
Top Bottom