My Professor just emailed me about my paper.

Originally Posted by Viewtiful Mik3

lol

academic dishonesty = expulsion

have fun serving me burgers
thats cold man.
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif
alien.gif

Plagiarism is the worst offense in college academia.

He's going to throw the book at you.

Just throw the box back at him.
laugh.gif

It happened to me once. I was told that the paper I wrote was too good and thus he suspected I plagiarized... In reality, I wrote the paper in the hour beforeclass, so I didn't even have time to plagiarize. I just stood firm and told him that I didn't cheat and any similarity to anything else wascoincidental. It ended up fine.

In your case, if you really want, take 30 minutes and google each sentence in your paper until you find the one that matches something.

I had a professor accuse me of plagiarizing once because my paper was really good, although it didn't match any online sources... She eventually caught onthat I'm just good at writing papers after a few more assignments.

In you scenario, if the rest of your paper doesn't have any copy/pasted stuff in it and you wrote the entire thing, just tell him that you didn't copyanything - if you did, how come only one sentence out of FOUR PAGES matched. If I was in your shoes, and my prof didn't understand after the first time Itold him, I'd end up yelling at him and telling him that he and I will have to take this conversation to his superior... I get really heated when peoplequestion my integrity, though.

some professors get off on this kinda crap

the same ones who spents their entire life not having fun and thinking degrees are the only thing that matters as they carry their V card til they are 32 yrsold and match.com has to rescue them

He is serious. UPDATE.

Dear David,

If you are free to meet tomorrow at 4, that would be fine. Please bring with you any notes or drafts you used to put together your paper, and hopefully we canfigure things out.

Best,

Prof. Rice

Tell him that all there is to figure out is that it's not impossible for more than one of the billions of people on Earth to form a sentence in the sameway. Tell him to review probability and then schedule a meeting.

It was always a great moment when we'd get giant term papers back in class and the prof would announce as he was handing them back that one or two peoplefailed due to plagiarism.

Originally Posted by nyzMaGiciAn

Originally Posted by Viewtiful Mik3

have fun serving me burgers
thats cold man.
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif
alien.gif
eek.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
Son is harsh.
Originally Posted by areyouin729

some professors get off on this kinda crap

the same ones who spents their entire life not having fun and thinking degrees are the only thing that matters as they carry their V card til they are 32 yrs old and match.com has to rescue them
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom