My new car was stolen...I GOT IT BACK!.

It just sucks that you don't know who did it so there is no one to beat the crap out of

glad you got it back. that's ridiculous that they're making you pay to get your own car back, as if you did something wrong. but payin 500 is betterthan gettin a whole new car tho.

smh @ the justice system... you get taxed by the thief AND the lames that are supposed to "protect and serve"

the haters/police wont do $##% to find who gutted your whip. at most, they may run the prints (if there were any)... other than that, sorry bro.

also, i wouldnt pay that impound fee. at least, not all of it. your gonna have to come outta pocket, no doubt... but i would only pay for 1 night. im assumingtheyre chargin you for each day, its not your fault that the police didnt call you till a week later...

you raise enough hell, youll pay the right price. also, holler at your insurance folks... they can probably include the towing fees in your claim.

i get heated when good folks get taken advantage of by the system.

My boy had the something similar happen too his teggy. They broke into it and rolled it downed the block I'm guessing to pop the clutch and get it startedbut they couldn't so they just took his seats and some panels. Honda's get stolen like crazy you just gotta be careful and lock it up tight. It'strue if they want it they'll take it but if you give them more things to go through like locks, kill switches, and alarms they might not even bother.

I just got off the phone with my insurance, they are gonna cover the towing fees which was $235 but I have to pay the rest out of pocket for each day it sits.I am goin back tomorrow to complain to the towing company but I dont know how far that will get me. I hit up the junk yard to see if I can atleast find the twofront seats but no luck. Anyone know what the fine is for drivin on a milk crate?? lol Im just jk but releived in a sense.

Originally Posted by SiMPLYDiMPLY

this is another reason i don't want to drive... i can't fathom just leaving something worth so much on the street
frown.gif
sorry man
OP has to realize he drives the #1 stolen car in America. It's a given.

Karma will get the guy who stole your car. Maybe he'll get run over by a 18 wheeler on the freeway one day or his kids get run over after school

Originally Posted by younggunna28

Update: 3/23/09....

So I got a call this morning, the cops found the car....LAST WEDNESDAY! and just called today. SMH They claim they had to process and fingerprint it. The body is in perfect condition, as well as the motor, it started right up.But they took my wheels and GUTTED the interior. Now I have no seats, radio, speakers, they did leave the dash tho. Im just happy I got it back, but the car was stolen from me and now I have to pay $465 to get it out of the impound. Plus probably another $75 to have it towed home and get new plates and stuff. The car will sit in a friends garage until a kill switch is installed, along with a alarm and a few other security measures. They found it 10 minutes from my house behind some abondoned building.
Usually thats what they steal. SEATS, RIMS and speakers. I dont know why they did the radio.
laugh.gif

Congrats on finding the car.

Originally Posted by TypeRPinoY

gutted interior and its not totaled? your insurance company sucks
He only has liability. If the status changes to totaled, HE WOULDNT GET ANYTHING. RIGHT????

Originally Posted by younggunna28

Update: 3/23/09....

So I got a call this morning, the cops found the car....LAST WEDNESDAY! and just called today. SMH They claim they had to process and fingerprint it. The body is in perfect condition, as well as the motor, it started right up.But they took my wheels and GUTTED the interior. Now I have no seats, radio, speakers, they did leave the dash tho. Im just happy I got it back, but the car was stolen from me and now I have to pay $465 to get it out of the impound. Plus probably another $75 to have it towed home and get new plates and stuff. The car will sit in a friends garage until a kill switch is installed, along with a alarm and a few other security measures. They found it 10 minutes from my house behind some abondoned building.
I mean honestly you can invest so much money into security but really the idea is just slowing them down. There is no set thing to keepingthieves away. I have a quick release with lock but honestly people are getting smart now a days with towing cars. I know I'm going to get flamed for thisbut one idea is to get some lock for your hood for example i've seen some people attach a bike lock to the hood to slow down the thieves. They aretypically not going to steal the car while the alarm is going off. It sounds silly but really whatever it takes to slowing down thieves...

Here i am pissed about one of my Michelin pilot tires for my 18's went out, and some dude took your whole car.

Im going to contradict myself here. But i like/dislike the saying everything happens for a reason.

Back
Top Bottom