My 8 year-old sister just stumbled upon the basis of all philosphical questions regarding religion.

Indulgences
pimp.gif

memphissfinest wrote:
FROM JORDAN BRAND TO NIKE RETRO TO GENERAL.

YOU'VE BEEN ON MY RIDE LONG ENOUGH.

WHAT YOU HOPE TO ACCOMPLISH, I DO NOT KNOW. MY POSTS WON'T CHANGE.

FEEL FREE TO STRIKE THROUGH THIS POST AS WELL AFTER READING IT, WHICH I KNOW YOU WILL READ.
wink.gif

What?

memphissfinest wrote:
FROM JORDAN BRAND TO NIKE RETRO TO GENERAL.

YOU'VE BEEN ON MY RIDE LONG ENOUGH.

WHAT YOU HOPE TO ACCOMPLISH, I DO NOT KNOW. MY POSTS WON'T CHANGE.

FEEL FREE TO STRIKE THROUGH THIS POST AS WELL AFTER READING IT, WHICH I KNOW YOU WILL READ.
wink.gif

What?

YOUR SISTER IS NOT FROM THIS PLANET

SHE WAS BORN WITH A "E.T SOUL"

SHE'LL SOON UNDERSTAND

YOUR SISTER IS NOT FROM THIS PLANET

SHE WAS BORN WITH A "E.T SOUL"

SHE'LL SOON UNDERSTAND

Originally Posted by kiendienn

I was in CCE/Sunday School/Bible study class, and at the time, we were learning about the Crusades in AP history. I hit my Sunday school teacher up with the question about the Crusades and what the church's view is on that? She had no idea what that was. I gave her the sparknotes version of Pope Urban II, and how he called the Crusades, I think it was a "Holy War". Obviously she had no answer.

I wonder how the Church responds to issues like that though? Hundreds of thousands of lives were lost and absolutely nothing was accomplished after the Crusades. Good job religion, way to lead your blind sheep!

Anyone else hear about "tithes"? Back then, tithing (donating money to the church) was practiced by many churches and in return, dependent on how much was donated, the priest would hand out slips of paper that would give those that donated entrance into Heaven. I had no idea it was that easy.
These were called indulgences. maybe also a tithe. Martin Luther (I think) started protesting against that and he was excomunicated from the church. Thats where the protestant religion comes from.
memphissfinest wrote:
I THINK IT'S FUNNY HOW MOST SCIENTISTS NOW SAY THEY DON'T EVEN BELIEVE IN THE BIG BANG ITSELF. 

NO MATTER HOW YOU WANT TO LOOK AT IT FROM SCIENCE OR RELIGIOUS STANDPOINT. IT'S NOT SOMETHING THAT CAN EVER BE ANSWERED BY HUMANS WHETHER WE WANT TO USE SCIENCE OR RELIGION. THERE WILL ALWAYS BE A PARADOX....

I.E.

SCIENCE - 

- EVERYTHING STARTED WITH AN INFINITELY SMALL POINT THAT EXPANDED. 
- WELL WHERE DID THAT INFINITELY SMALL POINT COME FROM AND WHY DID IT CHOOSE TO EXPAND AT THE POINT THAT IT DID?
- THERE ARE DIFFERENT DIMENSIONS/MULTIVERSES THAT THAT POINT SPRANG OUT OF.
- WELL WHERE DID THOSE DIMENSIONS/MULTIVERSES COME FROM? 

AND SO ON AND SO ON....THIS CAN GO ON FOREVER.

NOT TO MENTION THESE THEORIES CAN'T EVER BE PROVEN AS ADMITTED BY THE SCIENTISTS WHO PROPOSE THEM THEMSELVES. THIS SOUNDS LIKE DAMN RELIGION TO ME. THEY MAKE THESE CLAIMS WITH NO PROOF, BUT THEY SCOFF AT RELIGION? HMMMM....WHAT PART OF THE GAME IS THAT? 

RELIGION - 

- GOD CREATED EVERYTHING. 
- WHO CREATED GOD? 
- AND IF YOU CAN SAY GOD IS CREATED THAN WHO CREATED THE CREATOR OF GOD? 

AND SO ON AND SO ON....THIS TOO CAN GO ON FOREVER. 

IMO, ARGUING EITHER SIDE IS FUTILE BECAUSE YOU CAN ALWAYS ASK THE, "WHO CREATED THE CREATOR" TYPE QUESTION ON BOTH SIDES OF THE ARGUMENT. EVENTUALLY, YOU COME TO THE POINT WHERE THE ONLY ANSWER IS, "IT JUST IS". SCIENTISTS TRIED THIS WITH THE BIG BANG AND NOW THEY DON'T EVEN BELIEVE THEIR OWN THEORY.

I've got a crazy *!! theory on all this.Ill just briefly sum it up.

Since a time line starts at one point and keeps going forever in one direction, isn't it a time ray?
laugh.gif
so what I'm saying is is it possible the same way that it goes to the future it also keeps going to the past? so right now in another dimension i guess it would be called some dinosaurs are living and in another Jesus Christ is being born? Scientists are begining to believe that time isnt true, that it is only a measurement.

Originally Posted by kiendienn

I was in CCE/Sunday School/Bible study class, and at the time, we were learning about the Crusades in AP history. I hit my Sunday school teacher up with the question about the Crusades and what the church's view is on that? She had no idea what that was. I gave her the sparknotes version of Pope Urban II, and how he called the Crusades, I think it was a "Holy War". Obviously she had no answer.

I wonder how the Church responds to issues like that though? Hundreds of thousands of lives were lost and absolutely nothing was accomplished after the Crusades. Good job religion, way to lead your blind sheep!

Anyone else hear about "tithes"? Back then, tithing (donating money to the church) was practiced by many churches and in return, dependent on how much was donated, the priest would hand out slips of paper that would give those that donated entrance into Heaven. I had no idea it was that easy.
These were called indulgences. maybe also a tithe. Martin Luther (I think) started protesting against that and he was excomunicated from the church. Thats where the protestant religion comes from.
memphissfinest wrote:
I THINK IT'S FUNNY HOW MOST SCIENTISTS NOW SAY THEY DON'T EVEN BELIEVE IN THE BIG BANG ITSELF. 

NO MATTER HOW YOU WANT TO LOOK AT IT FROM SCIENCE OR RELIGIOUS STANDPOINT. IT'S NOT SOMETHING THAT CAN EVER BE ANSWERED BY HUMANS WHETHER WE WANT TO USE SCIENCE OR RELIGION. THERE WILL ALWAYS BE A PARADOX....

I.E.

SCIENCE - 

- WELL WHERE DID THAT INFINITELY SMALL POINT COME FROM AND WHY DID IT CHOOSE TO EXPAND AT THE POINT THAT IT DID?

NOT TO MENTION THESE THEORIES CAN'T EVER BE PROVEN AS ADMITTED BY THE SCIENTISTS WHO PROPOSE THEM THEMSELVES. THIS SOUNDS LIKE DAMN RELIGION TO ME. THEY MAKE THESE CLAIMS WITH NO PROOF, BUT THEY SCOFF AT RELIGION? HMMMM....WHAT PART OF THE GAME IS THAT? 

RELIGION - 

- WHO CREATED GOD? 

IMO, ARGUING EITHER SIDE IS FUTILE BECAUSE YOU CAN ALWAYS ASK THE, "WHO CREATED THE CREATOR" TYPE QUESTION ON BOTH SIDES OF THE ARGUMENT. EVENTUALLY, YOU COME TO THE POINT WHERE THE ONLY ANSWER IS, "IT JUST IS". SCIENTISTS TRIED THIS WITH THE BIG BANG AND NOW THEY DON'T EVEN BELIEVE THEIR OWN THEORY.

I've got a crazy *!! theory on all this.Ill just briefly sum it up.

Since a time line starts at one point and keeps going forever in one direction, isn't it a time ray?
laugh.gif
so what I'm saying is is it possible the same way that it goes to the future it also keeps going to the past? so right now in another dimension i guess it would be called some dinosaurs are living and in another Jesus Christ is being born? Scientists are begining to believe that time isnt true, that it is only a measurement.

That's all time is. measurement of atomic movement. Or in simple terms, how long it takes one ball to travel around another ball as this group of balls travels around another group of balls which can be grouped in to a larger cluster of movement.

Tell me this. How would one be able to tell what time it is if they weren't on one of those balls as their point of reference?

That's all time is. measurement of atomic movement. Or in simple terms, how long it takes one ball to travel around another ball as this group of balls travels around another group of balls which can be grouped in to a larger cluster of movement.

Tell me this. How would one be able to tell what time it is if they weren't on one of those balls as their point of reference?

I get asked that question alot since I'm a Christian, and I always answer back the sameway. With another question lol... If someone gave you the "100% correct" answer to who/what created God? Would you truly believe the answer? Since there is no way possible to truly know. At the end of the day, you believe what you want...

Oh p.s.
Christianity isn't a religion, it's a having a relationship with God.

I get asked that question alot since I'm a Christian, and I always answer back the sameway. With another question lol... If someone gave you the "100% correct" answer to who/what created God? Would you truly believe the answer? Since there is no way possible to truly know. At the end of the day, you believe what you want...

Oh p.s.
Christianity isn't a religion, it's a having a relationship with God.

AS I PROMISED. THE VIDEO I WAS GONNA POST.

MOST WON'T WATCH BUT IT'S A NICE WATCH.

BTW, I'VE HAD TO HONOR TO VISIT THE NASA FACILITY IN THE VIDEO

AS I PROMISED. THE VIDEO I WAS GONNA POST.

MOST WON'T WATCH BUT IT'S A NICE WATCH.

BTW, I'VE HAD TO HONOR TO VISIT THE NASA FACILITY IN THE VIDEO

Originally Posted by memphissfinest

I.E.

SCIENCE -

RELIGION -

- WHO CREATED GOD?

/ THREAD.

i don't know why atheists get so hype and need to go on and on about there not being a God. If thats your belief alright who cares? why do you keep talking about something thats not real to you and irrelevant. So corny after deciding your stance why not just move on to more relevant things. And to add on it you guys get hype everytime like you always have the magical answer. you can
pimp.gif
a trillion questions on someones faith that can't be answered but everytime even one pops up its like OH SNAP I GOT YOU EXPOSED HAHAHA ....
laugh.gif
again why, who cares? faith's got nothing to do with you

As a person of faith I also don't get why people are so afraid to defend faith. Faith does not have the answer for everything there is no clear cut answer. Why do innocent babies get cancer if God is good, I can't tell you but I know theres some reason he has and thats enough for me.

Originally Posted by memphissfinest

I.E.

SCIENCE -

RELIGION -

- WHO CREATED GOD?

/ THREAD.

i don't know why atheists get so hype and need to go on and on about there not being a God. If thats your belief alright who cares? why do you keep talking about something thats not real to you and irrelevant. So corny after deciding your stance why not just move on to more relevant things. And to add on it you guys get hype everytime like you always have the magical answer. you can
pimp.gif
a trillion questions on someones faith that can't be answered but everytime even one pops up its like OH SNAP I GOT YOU EXPOSED HAHAHA ....
laugh.gif
again why, who cares? faith's got nothing to do with you

As a person of faith I also don't get why people are so afraid to defend faith. Faith does not have the answer for everything there is no clear cut answer. Why do innocent babies get cancer if God is good, I can't tell you but I know theres some reason he has and thats enough for me.

Originally Posted by smoke ya later

he just is? that's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. kind of like "it is what it is". yeah, real genius stuff there guys.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
  I think this exact thing every time I hear that "phrase." And then I think my favorite phrase "you don't say!"  

Originally Posted by smoke ya later

he just is? that's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. kind of like "it is what it is". yeah, real genius stuff there guys.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
  I think this exact thing every time I hear that "phrase." And then I think my favorite phrase "you don't say!"  

Originally Posted by TennHouse2

some of yall are trying way to hard to hate on religion....thats the same as someone asking if u believe in the bang bang, what created the meteors? whether your religious or not if you trace of everything to the beginning of what u believe then try to figure out what happened before that no one is gonna know the answer obviously.

Originally Posted by TennHouse2

some of yall are trying way to hard to hate on religion....thats the same as someone asking if u believe in the bang bang, what created the meteors? whether your religious or not if you trace of everything to the beginning of what u believe then try to figure out what happened before that no one is gonna know the answer obviously.

Back
Top Bottom