My 8 year-old sister just stumbled upon the basis of all philosphical questions regarding religion.

Originally Posted by spacerace

memphissfinest, turn the caps lock off brah. jesus christ.

O HERE WE GO AGAIN....
eyes.gif
indifferent.gif
tired.gif

AT LEAST 5 JOCKERS A DAY...

I'M SORRY CAPS LOCKS MAKES YOU SO MAD AND RUINS YOUR DAY. WILL I CHANGE IT? NOPE.

SKIP THE POST....BRAH.

Originally Posted by memphissfinest

O HERE WE GO AGAIN....
eyes.gif
indifferent.gif
tired.gif

I'M SORRY CAPS LOCKS MAKES YOU SO MAD AND RUINS YOUR DAY. WILL I CHANGE IT? NOPE.

SKIP THE POST....BRAH.

you upset brah?

O HERE WE GO AGAIN....
eyes.gif
indifferent.gif
tired.gif

SKIP THE POST....BRAH.

you upset brah?

O HERE WE GO AGAIN....
eyes.gif
indifferent.gif
tired.gif

SKIP THE POST....BRAH.

you upset brah?
NOPE.

BUT YOU ARE. BRAH.

O HERE WE GO AGAIN....
eyes.gif
indifferent.gif
tired.gif

SKIP THE POST....BRAH.

you upset brah?
NOPE.

BUT YOU ARE. BRAH.

he just is? that's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. kind of like "it is what it is". yeah, real genius stuff there guys.

he just is? that's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. kind of like "it is what it is". yeah, real genius stuff there guys.

O HERE WE GO AGAIN....
eyes.gif
indifferent.gif
tired.gif

SKIP THE POST....BRAH.

you upset brah?
NOPE.

BUT YOU ARE. BRAH.

im not the one typing in all caps tho
grin.gif
 lettuce be friends?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but does the Big Bang Theory explain what happened at the very start? Like how did matter/space/universe originate in the first place?

My point is, there is no theory that I have ever come across, religious or scientific, that explains how THIS came to be in a satisfactory way.

Anyway, it's a good thing your sister is analytic and skeptical. Help her continue to do that in an unbiased and honest way.

I THINK IT'S FUNNY HOW MOST SCIENTISTS NOW SAY THEY DON'T EVEN BELIEVE IN THE BIG BANG ITSELF.

NO MATTER HOW YOU WANT TO LOOK AT IT FROM SCIENCE OR RELIGIOUS STANDPOINT. IT'S NOT SOMETHING THAT CAN EVER BE ANSWERED BY HUMANS WHETHER WE WANT TO USE SCIENCE OR RELIGION. THERE WILL ALWAYS BE A PARADOX....

I.E.

SCIENCE -

- EVERYTHING STARTED WITH AN INFINITELY SMALL POINT THAT EXPANDED.
- WELL WHERE DID THAT INFINITELY SMALL POINT COME FROM AND WHY DID IT CHOOSE TO EXPAND AT THE POINT THAT IT DID?
- THERE ARE DIFFERENT DIMENSIONS/MULTIVERSES THAT THAT POINT SPRANG OUT OF.
- WELL WHERE DID THOSE DIMENSIONS/MULTIVERSES COME FROM?

AND SO ON AND SO ON....THIS CAN GO ON FOREVER.

NOT TO MENTION THESE THEORIES CAN'T EVER BE PROVEN AS ADMITTED BY THE SCIENTISTS WHO PROPOSE THEM THEMSELVES. THIS SOUNDS LIKE DAMN RELIGION TO ME. THEY MAKE THESE CLAIMS WITH NO PROOF, BUT THEY SCOFF AT RELIGION? HMMMM....WHAT PART OF THE GAME IS THAT?

RELIGION -

- GOD CREATED EVERYTHING.
- WHO CREATED GOD?
- AND IF YOU CAN SAY GOD IS CREATED THAN WHO CREATED THE CREATOR OF GOD?

AND SO ON AND SO ON....THIS TOO CAN GO ON FOREVER.

IMO, ARGUING EITHER SIDE IS FUTILE BECAUSE YOU CAN ALWAYS ASK THE, "WHO CREATED THE CREATOR" TYPE QUESTION ON BOTH SIDES OF THE ARGUMENT. EVENTUALLY, YOU COME TO THE POINT WHERE THE ONLY ANSWER IS, "IT JUST IS". SCIENTISTS TRIED THIS WITH THE BIG BANG AND NOW THEY DON'T EVEN BELIEVE THEIR OWN THEORY.

most scientists oppose the big bang theory? [citation need] 
laugh.gif

big bang theory says the "big bang" itself has always existed.  of course scientists can't re-create the big bang in a lab, but that math works out PERFECTLY.

so because science has not answered all of your questions yet, you dismiss it?  fortunately, science is able to improve on it's theories, or even throw them out! (NOTE:  THIS IS GOOD SCIENCE) 

sucks for religion because they can't
roll.gif

If science knew everything, IT WOULD HAVE STOPPED ALREADY.
laugh.gif

I THINK IT'S FUNNY HOW MOST SCIENTISTS NOW SAY THEY DON'T EVEN BELIEVE IN THE BIG BANG ITSELF.

NO MATTER HOW YOU WANT TO LOOK AT IT FROM SCIENCE OR RELIGIOUS STANDPOINT. IT'S NOT SOMETHING THAT CAN EVER BE ANSWERED BY HUMANS WHETHER WE WANT TO USE SCIENCE OR RELIGION. THERE WILL ALWAYS BE A PARADOX....

I.E.

SCIENCE -

- WELL WHERE DID THAT INFINITELY SMALL POINT COME FROM AND WHY DID IT CHOOSE TO EXPAND AT THE POINT THAT IT DID?

NOT TO MENTION THESE THEORIES CAN'T EVER BE PROVEN AS ADMITTED BY THE SCIENTISTS WHO PROPOSE THEM THEMSELVES. THIS SOUNDS LIKE DAMN RELIGION TO ME. THEY MAKE THESE CLAIMS WITH NO PROOF, BUT THEY SCOFF AT RELIGION? HMMMM....WHAT PART OF THE GAME IS THAT?

RELIGION -

- WHO CREATED GOD?

IMO, ARGUING EITHER SIDE IS FUTILE BECAUSE YOU CAN ALWAYS ASK THE, "WHO CREATED THE CREATOR" TYPE QUESTION ON BOTH SIDES OF THE ARGUMENT. EVENTUALLY, YOU COME TO THE POINT WHERE THE ONLY ANSWER IS, "IT JUST IS". SCIENTISTS TRIED THIS WITH THE BIG BANG AND NOW THEY DON'T EVEN BELIEVE THEIR OWN THEORY.

laugh.gif

big bang theory says the "big bang" itself has always existed.  of course scientists can't re-create the big bang in a lab, but that math works out PERFECTLY.

so because science has not answered all of your questions yet, you dismiss it?  fortunately, science is able to improve on it's theories, or even throw them out! (NOTE:  THIS IS GOOD SCIENCE) 

roll.gif

laugh.gif

Correct me if I'm wrong, but does the Big Bang Theory explain what happened at the very start? Like how did matter/space/universe originate in the first place?

My point is, there is no theory that I have ever come across, religious or scientific, that explains how THIS came to be in a satisfactory way.

Anyway, it's a good thing your sister is analytic and skeptical. Help her continue to do that in an unbiased and honest way.

O HERE WE GO AGAIN....
eyes.gif
indifferent.gif
tired.gif

SKIP THE POST....BRAH.

you upset brah?
NOPE.

BUT YOU ARE. BRAH.

im not the one typing in all caps tho
grin.gif
 lettuce be friends?

Originally Posted by smoke ya later

Sometimes, that is the only answer that you are left with. Memphis, may have gone at it the wrong way, but his thinking is correct. Whether your explaination of life is based on science or religion, eventually, it all comes down to faith. I can name you several concepts in science that the majority take for truths, when they are merely theories that people just have faith in being right. You just have to accept that there are things out there that you will never experience or understand, for now.

Originally Posted by smoke ya later

Sometimes, that is the only answer that you are left with. Memphis, may have gone at it the wrong way, but his thinking is correct. Whether your explaination of life is based on science or religion, eventually, it all comes down to faith. I can name you several concepts in science that the majority take for truths, when they are merely theories that people just have faith in being right. You just have to accept that there are things out there that you will never experience or understand, for now.

Originally Posted by Its That Dude

I.E.

SCIENCE -

RELIGION -

- WHO CREATED GOD?

laugh.gif

roll.gif

laugh.gif

WILL POST THE BBC VIDEO, WHEN I GET HOME FROM WORK. I STAY UP ON SCIENCE DEVELOPMENTS BECAUSE IT DEEPLY INTERESTS ME. THERE IS A HUGE TREND IN SCIENCE NOW WHERE THEY ARE STARTING TO STRAY AWAY FROM THE BIG BANG BECAUSE IT HAS TOO MANY HOLES. HENCE, THE EMERGENCE OF ALL THESE COMPETING THEORIES.

BIG BANG THEORY IS OUTDATED.

BTW. YOU ALSO MISSED MY POINT. SCIENCE NOR RELIGION CAN EVER GIVE THE ANSWER OF EVERYTHING. THIS IS IMPOSSIBLE. THERE WILL ALWAYS BE THE CIRCULAR ARGUMENT OF, "WHAT CAME BEFORE?" NO MATTER WHAT SIDE OF THE ARGUMENT YOU STAND ON THERE WILL BE A POINT WHERE YOU HAVE YOU HAVE TO SAY, "WELL IT JUST IS". WHETHER THAT BE AN ETERNAL UNIVERSE OR A SUMPREME BEING CREATOR. TO BELIEVE OTHERWISE IS RIDICULOUS.

Originally Posted by Its That Dude

I.E.

SCIENCE -

RELIGION -

- WHO CREATED GOD?

laugh.gif

roll.gif

laugh.gif

WILL POST THE BBC VIDEO, WHEN I GET HOME FROM WORK. I STAY UP ON SCIENCE DEVELOPMENTS BECAUSE IT DEEPLY INTERESTS ME. THERE IS A HUGE TREND IN SCIENCE NOW WHERE THEY ARE STARTING TO STRAY AWAY FROM THE BIG BANG BECAUSE IT HAS TOO MANY HOLES. HENCE, THE EMERGENCE OF ALL THESE COMPETING THEORIES.

BIG BANG THEORY IS OUTDATED.

BTW. YOU ALSO MISSED MY POINT. SCIENCE NOR RELIGION CAN EVER GIVE THE ANSWER OF EVERYTHING. THIS IS IMPOSSIBLE. THERE WILL ALWAYS BE THE CIRCULAR ARGUMENT OF, "WHAT CAME BEFORE?" NO MATTER WHAT SIDE OF THE ARGUMENT YOU STAND ON THERE WILL BE A POINT WHERE YOU HAVE YOU HAVE TO SAY, "WELL IT JUST IS". WHETHER THAT BE AN ETERNAL UNIVERSE OR A SUMPREME BEING CREATOR. TO BELIEVE OTHERWISE IS RIDICULOUS.

I.E.

SCIENCE -

RELIGION -

- WHO CREATED GOD?

Stop yelling.

I.E.

SCIENCE -

RELIGION -

- WHO CREATED GOD?

Stop yelling.

the belief that some cosmic jewish zombie can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him that you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-women was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree. makes perfect sense.

the belief that some cosmic jewish zombie can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him that you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-women was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree. makes perfect sense.

some of yall are trying way to hard to hate on religion....thats the same as someone asking if u believe in the bang bang, what created the meteors? whether your religious or not if you trace of everything to the beginning of what u believe then try to figure out what happened before that no one is gonna know the answer obviously.

some of yall are trying way to hard to hate on religion....thats the same as someone asking if u believe in the bang bang, what created the meteors? whether your religious or not if you trace of everything to the beginning of what u believe then try to figure out what happened before that no one is gonna know the answer obviously.

God is infinite. 
Pretty obvious, and inherent in many definitions of the word God. As you study religion (helps to clarify which you are discussing) closely or theoretical physics you will learn that time in and of itself is not fully independent or absolute and is a relative concept that is dependent on space itself. Going back to the absolute origin of the universe, most accepted theories still account for existing matter being already in existence and irrespective/free of the concept of time. In other words, infinite as well. "Time" as you think of it didn't exist. Our understanding in these areas is still incredibly weak and doubt exists if we will ever be able to fully grasp these concepts, but regardless, it's easy to see the ramifications of these principles to theology and questions like the OP.

God is infinite. 
Pretty obvious, and inherent in many definitions of the word God. As you study religion (helps to clarify which you are discussing) closely or theoretical physics you will learn that time in and of itself is not fully independent or absolute and is a relative concept that is dependent on space itself. Going back to the absolute origin of the universe, most accepted theories still account for existing matter being already in existence and irrespective/free of the concept of time. In other words, infinite as well. "Time" as you think of it didn't exist. Our understanding in these areas is still incredibly weak and doubt exists if we will ever be able to fully grasp these concepts, but regardless, it's easy to see the ramifications of these principles to theology and questions like the OP.

Back
Top Bottom