Mr. Robot: Wednesdays at 10 PM on USA

Great episode. I agree that this episode was one of the best in the series and that is saying a lot. The episode had great pacing and anticipation was built up a ton throughout the episode.

I wonder who was in the subway car with Angela after Elliot left. Is Mr. Robot going to off her? She is a liability at this point.

I am also very intrigued to the location of the phone call that Joanna has been receiving. Upper West Side....interesting?

I also didn't realize this was the shortest episode of the season.....the writing felt tighter and smoother. Sometimes less is more.

When Elliot was in his apartment and the camera pulled away did anyone see any clues related to Mr. Robot so desperately wanting to come back to the apartment?

Last edited:
Great episode. I agree that this episode was one of the best in the series and that is saying a lot. The episode had great pacing and anticipation was built up a ton throughout the episode.

I wonder who was in the subway car with Angela after Elliot left. Is Mr. Robot going to off her? She is a liability at this point.

I am also very intrigued to the location of the phone call that Joanna has been receiving. Upper West Side....interesting?

I also didn't realize this was the shortest episode of the season.....the writing felt tighter and smoother. Sometimes less is more.

When Elliot was in his apartment and the camera pulled away did anyone see any clues related to Mr. Robot so desperately wanting to come back to the apartment?
Bottom right according to an interview with one of the producers or writers I think

Other fav scenes were Darlene telling that story and the visuals cutting back to Elliot.

Then the same when Elliot was monloguing.

jeezus what an episode. the payoff exceeded my anticipation/expectation.
loved that scene where darlene was telling the kidnap story.
feel like a fool for thinking grace gummer wasn't going to be on par with the overall quality of the show.

Didn't realize yesterday was episode 10.

Saw the preview for next episode. Wasn't able to decipher anything besides Angela in a van...

Other fav scenes were Darlene telling that story and the visuals cutting back to Elliot.

Then the same when Elliot was monloguing.

That was immediately one of my favorite moments of the show, no exaggeration. It's a great, GREAT Darlene moment. Confiding and opening up about a bizarre experience as a kid, but one that says so much about her.

But the one thing that she would have regretted and missed was Elliott.. I love that element of the show. Obviously, we get the Elliott/Mr Robot relationship, and we've seen it throughout this season in particular, but I really do like the Elliot/Darlene connection.

What I love about this show is how well Esmail writes all the female characters.

Notice how all of the main women Darlene/Angela/Joanna/Dom, have motivations that are entirely their own and have all shown themselves to be the dominant force in their lives.

So many times, even on great shows, women are written in a way that their storylines are directly tied to that of a man or they are just an accessory.

In Mr.Robot, a lot of times men are used to just move the plot line along for the women, basically flipping that idea on its head.

I still don't think my man Esmail gets enough credit for what he's doing here.

I'm just very thankful that the suits at USA Network recognize his genius and are giving him all the resources he wants because they know this will be a prestige show.

Last edited:
What I love about this show is how well Esmail writes all the female characters.

Notice how all of the main women Darlene/Angela/Joanna/Dom, have motivations that are entirely their own and have all shown themselves to be the dominant force in their lives.

So many times, even on great shows, women are written in a way that their storylines are directly tied to that of a man or they are just an accessory.

In Mr.Robot, a lot of times men are used to just move the plot line along for the women, basically flipping that idea on its head.

I'm just very thankful that the suits at USA Network recognize his genius and are giving him all the resources he wants because they know this will be a prestige show.

Excellent point about the women characters are used in television in comparison to this show. I agree Esmail isn't getting enough credit but I too am glad USA is giving him the support.

yikes. hope you're not a male, bro.

:lol:

Dat young Helen Hunt pic up there is nice. Looks like the actress leeled sobieski.

That is her, she is Helen Hunt's doppelganger, or daughter she gave up for adoption at 16. Either way she is HH 5.0 :smokin

Man that is Lee Lee, the hell y'all smoking.

:rofl: Dude, you got me cryin.

Ill pass on Angela, darlene has those legs, Johanna obviously at the top.. madame x, i wasnt really looking at her as someone sexy, but id take her over dom and Angela..

Darlene looks like a meth addict, I would take Ang over her. Ang has a cute face, and an ok bod.

Saw a commercial for a new show and Madame Executioner is in it looking good.
pimp.gif

embarassed.gif

nerd.gif
 show name?

I do have an interest in like the 3 or 4 new USA shows coming up; one about dreams, one about some women possibly a criminal, one about some murder these 2 boys and this one sheriff lady, etc.

It really shouldn't be that hard to do.

Even if you found yourself writing the females in a less than independent way. The easy remedy would be to write your story with nothing male characters, finish the script, then change some males to females and adorn the pronouns.

All movies and tv shows would pass the Bechdel test then :lol: But hey some writers can't help having a honeypot female or femme fatale or damsel in distress or w/e else cliche femalenstock character that only serves the purposes of the plot and/or are doing thing cuz of the male lead.

With that said, yes, Esmail is doing some superb character writing.

I don't remember, it was quick. I'll look up imdb later.
That was probably that trash MacGuyver show CBS is doing.

Last edited:
agreed. as much as i loved season 1, season 2 is taking it to a whole new level. i'm almost cringing in thought about season 3 cause this level of quality seems unsustainable.

Back
Top Bottom