Moving out...... Enough to pay the rent. Anyone done it?

Originally Posted by Al Audi

Novaflight I don't agree....u gotta factor in male/female, size of person. Quality of food. I dunno bout yall.....

True. I mean he ain't gonna be eating like he was at home but sacrifice is part of being independent and he just gotta remember it's only temporary.There's no motivation like eating store brand cereal.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Russoull

Originally Posted by Kicktionair

Originally Posted by Russoull

Right now I'm workin two jobs, 1 to pay off bills/gas/haircuts/clothes, and the other which pays more but I'm savin all of it for my Apartment/School Tuition money.

I've been lookin thoroughly at places where I should move, done the math and I'm forcin myself to work even longer cause I'd rather move out with more than double of what I need. Hopefully by next summer or even longer.
smh.gif

Your planning on having money saved up for when you move??

I have some money saved up (about 6K) so that should help incase of an emergency.

It's so expensive in L.A tho
frown.gif
laugh.gif
, I'm movin to L.A. too.

Well I needa actually go there and see whats good with the rent, cause I'm seein @%*# for $500 a month for alot of listings but thats hard to believe. But if it IS, then for that time I'm goin to school I need around 5-6 G's for rent, but I'm tryna at least bring 15 G's...which is why I scooped the 2nd job solely for saving.

I got a letter from the Bank sayin I got approved for a loan that covers the whole program I'm takin, and I also found a long $!$ list of Grants I gotta fill out when I'm ready. I hope everythin works out accordingly, I @*%@#+ hate livin at home and commin to it with all my mail opened and @%*# in my room gettin misplaced or switched around.
I feel your pain bro
smh.gif
hate that +%+# too

Originally Posted by WeFlyHigh23

Or you can eat a lot of taco bell.
400 in a 7 layer or so calories 3 times a day: 1.5 = <$150 a month, 1200 cal + intake= survival without going into hunger mode

hello scurvy..

Originally Posted by Kicktionair

Im planning on moving out and if I do I will have enough money to pay the rent and maybe like $200.00 left over to buy food etc.

Anyone ever done something like this... living the hard way for a couple months etc.? and still going to school?

gotta get out my comfort zone...
frown.gif
If you have $200 solely for food it surely can be done. My ex and I both ate off of a lil less than that and we let me tell you. We had a lot ofsteak and shrimp. The freezer needs to become your friend. Go grocery shopping at night and hit up the reduced meat section. I always find a 4 pack of thicksteaks in my local store for less that $10. I just repack them in freezer bags and pop in the freezer.

Originally Posted by WeFlyHigh23

200 is enough/ Join school gym in the process.
Oats + eggs for breakfast with milk: milk$5 16 servings, oats $3 30 servings, eggs: ? for a dozen
150+150 (whole milk) +80= decent breakfast. throw in some toast. Save a ton of money.

lean chicken, some condiments yada yada. you can do it. I do on $150 a month
lol good to see you're getting in your fruits and vegetables.

seriously food should be way more than $200/month. it's important to eat well, i don't get how people think cable tv or whatever you're spendingthe money saved on is a higher priority than your health.

you can def. eat off 200/month

the first month will be tight cuz you gotta buy lil stuff like Katchup and season all and pots and pans type #@@...

after that tho you just gotta buy meat, cereal, bread, milk, eggs type stuff...coupons and sales will def. help also...

the hell you guys eating that more than 200/month?

Originally Posted by Skip2MyLou23

Basically, if you're doing this for fun, don't.

Not for fun..... I really gotta jet out my crib

ill eventually have to do it so............... might as well see if I can make it.

kinda sad
mad.gif

Right now I'm workin two jobs, 1 to pay off bills/gas/haircuts/clothes, and the other which pays more but I'm savin all of it for my Apartment/School Tuition money.

Clockin bout 72 hours a Week and I never go out on the Weekdays. Still do what I gotta do and party Friday-Sunday though, just cuts back ALOT of the productive @#++ I want to do. But I figure the more hours I work, the quicker I'm out on my own goin to school to do what I want to do FREELY. The Career path I'm takin wont even be enough at the entry-level but it's somethin I wouldnt mind doin everyday. If it fails I'm probably going to enlist in the Military but I don't even wanna think about that.

I've been lookin thoroughly at places where I should move, done the math and I'm forcin myself to work even longer cause I'd rather move out with more than double of what I need. Hopefully by next summer or even longer.
smh.gif

on the plus side, it looks like you have a good head on your shoulders fam, keep it up.

Originally Posted by jawnyquest

Originally Posted by MR MONDAY NIIGHT

Originally Posted by jawnyquest

its just you? and you cant live off 200/month for food and $@+*?
thats a shame
tired.gif
200 is NOT enough for food, laundry, soap, toilet paper, etc etc

for ONE person.. yes it is.
exactly. idk what they're talking but i lived well off of $80 a month worth of groceries .. but for an emergency fund not enough to live offof.

I used to have a $70 grocery limit a month...couple bags of chicken breast, canned fruits and veggies and a box of 5 dozen eggs, etc....you all are mistakenif you don't think he can get by with $200...but utilities and everything else is gonna get ya'...

Please be sure to have emergency money put to the side as well.

You never know what might happen as far as expenses go.

$200 a month is fine for FOOD. But OP said for food and expenses. Ok, food you can get by on $200, but if you ever want to go out, drink, buy stuff to washyour self, get haircuts, buy new clothes every once in a while so you don't look like a bum, etc., etc., etc. There is no way $200 is going to cut it.

Plus, I'm not even considering utilities. By yourself at least $100 is going to be going to utilities. And this is coming from a person who doesn't owna TV.

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

you can def. eat off 200/month

the first month will be tight cuz you gotta buy lil stuff like Katchup and season all and pots and pans type #@@...

after that tho you just gotta buy meat, cereal, bread, milk, eggs type stuff...coupons and sales will def. help also...

the hell you guys eating that more than 200/month?
lol correct me if i'm wrong but you're a 5' tall girl? of course your food expenses are gonna be way lower.

if you're a male you need to spend more than $200/month if you're gonna buy even moderately healthy foods, fruits and vegetables (nobody has mentionedthese so far lol) etc.

i eat like 3500+ calories a day, all organic when i can find it, etc. plus supplements, so it definitely adds up.

$200 isn't a lot for food each month. If you're spending that much that's it's probably on unhealty processed foods.

I'd rather spend a little more each month and eat like a Boss- natural and organic foods ftw.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by jose cansec0

Clockin bout 72 hours a Week and I never go out on the Weekdays. Still do what I gotta do and party Friday-Sunday though, just cuts back ALOT of the productive @#++ I want to do. But I figure the more hours I work, the quicker I'm out on my own goin to school to do what I want to do FREELY. The Career path I'm takin wont even be enough at the entry-level but it's somethin I wouldnt mind doin everyday. If it fails I'm probably going to enlist in the Military but I don't even wanna think about that.

smh.gif

on the plus side, it looks like you have a good head on your shoulders fam, keep it up.

I appreciate it.
pimp.gif

Can't wait till I move outta here, no diss to my city though, I just need somethin brand new.

what do you guys think?!?

-I work in another state that pulls in between $1200-$1400/mon. in checks and random cash tips ranging from $10-$30 per day (5 days a week)...
-I am currently looking for work where I live that will pay better...or maybe get a 2nd job
-I currently have a little over 8k in my bank account....

i'm sort of looking for a place thats between $500/mon.to $600/mon. (my share)....I might share with 1 or 2 people ..but I am unsure about how much I needsaved up before I pull the trigger...bills cell phone/monthly commute/utilities/food etc... are the factors making me think twice

Back
Top Bottom