Most upset you've ever been after a sporting event? Vol. '03 National Championship

#1 - Aaron Boone. that's all i need to say...i don't know if i've ever been so MAD after a sporting event...
#2 - 03 Championship Game. only time i've CRIED after a sporting event.
indifferent.gif
at myself, but my god. i was 14 years old, and saw KU play 3 times that year, including going to Anaheim for the S16 and Elite 8...Nick Collison was my favorite player, and it just hurt knowing that him and Hinrich were gonna be gone...i'm still !+@#%*% mad Gooden left early, and McNamara
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

#3 - 98 World Series. even though it was a sweep, to one of the best teams of ALL TIME nonetheless, I was at the game and as a 10 year old that @*## was scarring to see them celebrate a WS win on our field...
frown.gif

the Super Bowl loss to the Giants to ruin the perfect season was devastating...
the final game of the season for the Pads in 07 was AWFUL. THAT close to the playoffs and lose...

#1 - Aaron Boone. that's all i need to say...i don't know if i've ever been so MAD after a sporting event...
#2 - 03 Championship Game. only time i've CRIED after a sporting event.
indifferent.gif
at myself, but my god. i was 14 years old, and saw KU play 3 times that year, including going to Anaheim for the S16 and Elite 8...Nick Collison was my favorite player, and it just hurt knowing that him and Hinrich were gonna be gone...i'm still !+@#%*% mad Gooden left early, and McNamara
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

#3 - 98 World Series. even though it was a sweep, to one of the best teams of ALL TIME nonetheless, I was at the game and as a 10 year old that @*## was scarring to see them celebrate a WS win on our field...
frown.gif

the Super Bowl loss to the Giants to ruin the perfect season was devastating...
the final game of the season for the Pads in 07 was AWFUL. THAT close to the playoffs and lose...

When The Rock leaves WWF/WWE..

'03 All Star Game when Jermaine fouls Kobe.. smh, MJ should have won the MVP of that all star game..

When The Rock leaves WWF/WWE..

'03 All Star Game when Jermaine fouls Kobe.. smh, MJ should have won the MVP of that all star game..

F#%# you David Tyree.
hurt more than the 03 ALCS, 06 AFC Champ game, last years Finals, Villanova loosing to UNC on a phantom travel on Allan Ray, Loosing to UNC in the Final Four Combined.

F#%# you David Tyree.
hurt more than the 03 ALCS, 06 AFC Champ game, last years Finals, Villanova loosing to UNC on a phantom travel on Allan Ray, Loosing to UNC in the Final Four Combined.

#4 we should have won this game it still hurt.
#3 2008 cubs nuff said.
sick.gif
steve young killed us this game
sick.gif

frown.gif
frown.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

#4 we should have won this game it still hurt.
#3 2008 cubs nuff said.
sick.gif
steve young killed us this game
sick.gif

frown.gif
frown.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

Originally Posted by gottagitdemjs

Originally Posted by ku JHAWX

What is the most upset/down/depressed you've ever been after a sporting event, after your favorite team losing or if you lost a big time bet or for whatever reason?

Here is mine...

I was in like 5th grade...thought the world was going to end. Cried SO much.

Honorable Mention...
KU losing to UCLA in the '07 Elite 8
KU losing to Northern Iowa in the 2nd round last year.....$!!
eyes.gif

KU losing to Bucknell first round in '05
KU losing to Bradley first round in '06
(wasn't AS upset to those two just because expectations weren't as high)
...see anything similar between all those?
laugh.gif

Chiefs losing to the Colts in '03 in the Divisional playoffs was disappointing as well. After starting the season so well and then losing like 4 of the last 7...smh
Edit...forgot to mention the Suns losing in the playoffs in '05...'06...well yeah you guys get the picture.

What are yours?
So yeah, I can pretty much just quote this entire OP. On the 03 title game, I was in college at the time...didn't go to class the next day. Lee's 3 would've gone too...dude was a great 3 point shooter that year
wink.gif
. But we'll never know because that long armed high jumping dickbag blocked it
tired.gif
.  I knew we were doomed earlier in the night when #**!+#! Jerry McNamara was throwing $!*@ up from the parking lot and it was going in. #**!+#! @+#@%!!%!

I do have to add one more. This one may have been before you're time ku JHAWX, but I cried myself to sleep the night the 1995 Chiefs lost to the Colts 10-7 in the divisional playoffs. I was 13 years years old. We went 13-3 that year. We were the odds on favorite to win it all. Then Lin mother ++##$%! Elliot missed 3 ++##$%! field goals and we ++##$%! lost. I watched the game at my cousins house. He was 10 years old. Elliot missed his 3rd field goal with like 20 seconds left and my cousin ran to his room crying. God I was distraught. Then I was pissed the next morning when my mom made me go to school.

The Chiefs in '95 was before my time...Up until I was about ten years old the only team I was really a fan of was KU basketball.

I do have another one I want to add...losing in '97 to U of A in the Sweet 16...we had only loss one game all year then we lost to them. I was only like 5 but I STILL remember bawling to my parents
laugh.gif

Still think that was possibly the GOAT KU team. 4 of the 5 starters went on to play in the NBA.

Originally Posted by gottagitdemjs

Originally Posted by ku JHAWX

What is the most upset/down/depressed you've ever been after a sporting event, after your favorite team losing or if you lost a big time bet or for whatever reason?

Here is mine...

I was in like 5th grade...thought the world was going to end. Cried SO much.

Honorable Mention...
KU losing to UCLA in the '07 Elite 8
KU losing to Northern Iowa in the 2nd round last year.....$!!
eyes.gif

KU losing to Bucknell first round in '05
KU losing to Bradley first round in '06
(wasn't AS upset to those two just because expectations weren't as high)
...see anything similar between all those?
laugh.gif

Chiefs losing to the Colts in '03 in the Divisional playoffs was disappointing as well. After starting the season so well and then losing like 4 of the last 7...smh
Edit...forgot to mention the Suns losing in the playoffs in '05...'06...well yeah you guys get the picture.

What are yours?
So yeah, I can pretty much just quote this entire OP. On the 03 title game, I was in college at the time...didn't go to class the next day. Lee's 3 would've gone too...dude was a great 3 point shooter that year
wink.gif
. But we'll never know because that long armed high jumping dickbag blocked it
tired.gif
.  I knew we were doomed earlier in the night when #**!+#! Jerry McNamara was throwing $!*@ up from the parking lot and it was going in. #**!+#! @+#@%!!%!

I do have to add one more. This one may have been before you're time ku JHAWX, but I cried myself to sleep the night the 1995 Chiefs lost to the Colts 10-7 in the divisional playoffs. I was 13 years years old. We went 13-3 that year. We were the odds on favorite to win it all. Then Lin mother ++##$%! Elliot missed 3 ++##$%! field goals and we ++##$%! lost. I watched the game at my cousins house. He was 10 years old. Elliot missed his 3rd field goal with like 20 seconds left and my cousin ran to his room crying. God I was distraught. Then I was pissed the next morning when my mom made me go to school.

The Chiefs in '95 was before my time...Up until I was about ten years old the only team I was really a fan of was KU basketball.

I do have another one I want to add...losing in '97 to U of A in the Sweet 16...we had only loss one game all year then we lost to them. I was only like 5 but I STILL remember bawling to my parents
laugh.gif

Still think that was possibly the GOAT KU team. 4 of the 5 starters went on to play in the NBA.

0.jpg

No excuses for losing this game.  So many god damn screen passes
sick.gif
indifferent.gif

This game made me lose a lot of faith in this team, and Chip.  I didn't understand why we continued to have a running back start at quarter back.  This year has made up for this game
laugh.gif

0.jpg

No excuses for losing this game.  So many god damn screen passes
sick.gif
indifferent.gif

This game made me lose a lot of faith in this team, and Chip.  I didn't understand why we continued to have a running back start at quarter back.  This year has made up for this game
laugh.gif

the snow job the patriots bs tuck rule.  you know it's legit when fans who hate the raiders are like "yeah, ya'll got did pretty dirty on that one."

that and the lakers kings 02 playoff series.  good to know that if you catch an elbow to the face and have a bloody nose, your going to have a whistle blown and a foul called on you.

the snow job the patriots bs tuck rule.  you know it's legit when fans who hate the raiders are like "yeah, ya'll got did pretty dirty on that one."

that and the lakers kings 02 playoff series.  good to know that if you catch an elbow to the face and have a bloody nose, your going to have a whistle blown and a foul called on you.

Originally Posted by here 4 tha kickz

just as good knowing you could get the game 5 before that stolen from you due to phantom foul calls on shaq,  chris webber throwing fisher out the way so bibby could be open for the game winning shot, and have a no call when kobe was fouled on the last shot.

9 years later im still pissed off.  the lakers shoulda beat those choking clowns in 6

Back
Top Bottom